“Nice Japanese Food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Ville-Marie
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

This is one place I would not enter as a tourist. It looks kind of small and insignificant. Boy, was I wrong. Yes, seats were very limited. We sat at the counter where food were prepared right in front of us. And it tasted yummy. Very different from the sushi, teppanyaki or sashimi that I'm used to. But still very good.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank NurMarlene
Write a reviewReviews (380)

Reviewed 4 July 2016

I was craving some Japanese food on a recent trip to Montreal and searched a few sites to find this hidden gem. There was a line at the door, which was a good sign but one can never tell until you try the food. I was dining alone and was able to find a seat at the countertop, where I was able to chat with the chef and some other local diners. Wow - it was a deliciously different menu with lots of traditional Japanese dishes and some new ones to try. The waitstaff will give you a menu, but make sure you ask about the specials or look on the back wall behind the bar. I had some great dumplings, and a delicious chicken and rice dish that were awesome. I also wanted to try the sashimi salad but my stretched stomach would not allow it. Watch out because it's a very small place, but if you go in a small party (like 4 people max) you should be able to grab a table.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 4 July 2016

Boy do I love Kazu. The food is always tasty and excellent (especially the 48 hours pork), and is only reflected by the huge line that is always in front of the restaurant before it even opens its doors. The portions are really big, and you get enough for your money.
I feel like the appetizers are not worth it though, really small, and overpriced for the size of it.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 28 June 2016

We turned up n a recommendation and arrived to a queue outside the door,we were going to walk off but were advised by other guest to stay, so glad we did!We followed the waitress in and were sat at the counter which was probably the best place to eat and watch the amazing cooking action going on!!!
The food was amazing,we shared a couple of starters (Beef Carpaccio,Calcium Salmon and the Yaki Gyoza)and then had the Veggie Bowl and the Beef Kalbi.Everything was just standout as really well prepared good food,presentation was stunning and as i said sitting at the counter watching the team work was impressive.
Try the home made Ice Cream the Wasabi flavour is a taste tickler and his home made Cheesecake definitely worth it too.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 25 June 2016

I've been here multiple times and the food is super delicious and comes at an awesome value. Really reminiscent of the food I had in Japan. You can't go wrong with the pork or tuna bowl. Unfortunately, the restaurant has really long lineups and the inside is very cramped.

Date of visit: May 2016