“Absolutely Wonderful!”

Chateau de l'Argoat
Ranked #51 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend and couldn't have loved it more. The staff was incredibly nice and very accommodating. The people working the front desk would seemingly bend over backwards to make your stay a happy one. The rooms were small, but were warm, comfortable, and clean. It is very close to a metro stop and the bus that takes you to and from the airport. We will absolutely stay here the next time we visit Montreal!

1  Thank TravelsWithAandR

Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

We will surely return here on our next visit to Montreal. Spacious rooms (2 bed, normal bath) friendly and accommodating staff. Across the road from the subway. Up the road from the Latin quarter an the village not far away either

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We had a great room - #7 - with 2 large bedrooms and a whirlpool bath. Very nicely decorated and comfortable. This B & B is in a very good location, near the Plateau, walking distance to many restaurants and to downtown, and also close to the Metro.

The breakfast is fine - croissants, yogurt, juice, coffee.

My complaint is with the parking situation. They do offer parking but it is very tight and because of that they are very vigilent about where you park and they take your keys so they can move cars as needed as guests come and go. That is fine but I found the situation oppressive. At one point I had retrieved my keys to put things in my car and ended up moving it so another guest could get her car out. When I walked back into the hotel, the woman at the desk was very distressed that she could not find me. She asked me why they had not had my keys. I'm not sure if it was a language issue, but she seemed to not understand that she had not had my keys because I was at my car, and I felt like I was being reprimanded.

I would stay here again but don't think I would want to bring my car.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank joduhl
Reviewed 30 April 2013

A friend and I stayed at Chateau de l'Argoat for 4 days, 3 nights.

This was our first trip to Montreal and were looking to stay at a private hotel, with some character and that's what we got. The rooms are small-average size, a wee bit tight for two people, but not too small that it changed our trip in anyway.

We had a double bed to share, which was a bit small, but comfortable. The room had a TV, a large armoire and bedside tables. The bathoom was tiny, but totally fine. Overall the room was very clean. Parking was tricky, they have a small lot behind the hotel and double park the cars, so you need to leave your keys at the desk, didn't really matter to us since we used transit the whole trip.

While the location is a Metro trip to downtown, it is right on the Metro line which made getting places very easy. It was close to several attractions, including Old Montreal which made it perfect.

I would recommend staying here to anyone. I forgot my winter coat and they're holding onto it for me until I return in the summer - if that doesn't describe their customer service, I don't know what does.

My friend and I are planning to visit again this summer!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravellingTerri
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend, the staff were very friendly and helpful, this was our first b&b experience and we loved it the breakfast was perfect, had a great weekend here and we're planning another stay this summer!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank ChristineSV
Reviewed 5 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our pug back in October 2012. I've been meaning to write a review for some time. The hotel is in a great location - not the heart of the city but close enough to several attractions and restaurants. The hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. While the place is not a luxury hotel, it is a great value and was the perfect pet-friendly choice because, unlike most other pet-friendly hotels in Montreal, they allowed us to leave our dog alone in the room, if crated. This was a must because our little pup needs his rest and there were just some things we couldn't do with him! I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JMTravelor
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My father and I stayed here for four nights. Like many of the other posters have said, this B&B is in a great location and fairly priced. The breakfast was just the right amount and included a variety that gave us energy each day. We walked as much as we could and saw many of the Catholic churches all around town. Make sure you try out Vua Sandwiches which is only a short walk away. I fell in love with their Vietnamese subs, and we stopped here frequently on our stay.

The workers were pleasant and very helpful. Even on early mornings when we arranged for tours and the breakfast was not ready, they made sure to accomodate us and sent us with bags of good treats for our breakfast. The rooms are adequate enough that there's definitely enough space for two in a 2-bed room. Also, the wifi was great and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family