“You get what you pay for”
Review of La Tour Belvedere

La Tour Belvedere
Ranked #84 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Beirut, Lebanon
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the location. Nothing is far away from you. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to spend a good time in montreal without overspending. You basically get what you pay for. Don't expect too much, or you'll be disappointed. I liked this hotel because it felt more like a second home; a full kitchen with china, utensils, pots and pans. Saves you a lot while on vacation (you can cook at your room instead of eating out).

Only disappointment was the wifi. Too slow for my taste, but the rest, I can't complain. Staff was great, and I felt secure during my stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank aldanalina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Place was dated and there was a definite smell coming out of the kitchen and living room.
staff was friendly, explained hat they were in the process of updating. moved me to an updated room, which was clean and much nicer.
overall spartan decorations (no pictures on the walls, no rugs on the floor, etc) furniture looked like it came from IKEA, which was OK for where we were.
Overall, the staff was nice, friendly and helpful. the place itself, well don't be afraid to ask for a change of room. overall it was OK

Room Tip: ask for an updated room.
1 Thank John M

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We went to Montreal on a girls weekend get away. Mainly we got the room because we had some smokers so we wanted a room with a balcony. Well this little pad sure surprised us, it had a full size fridge and apartment sized oven with all the dishes you would need for 3 people.
We had a queen bed with a pull out couch, yes some of the furniture was outdated but those things are not all to important to me, after all we go to see the city not the furniture in the room.
It was quite a steal for what we got. Next time I will know to bring more food so that we don't have to eat out as much.
Other then the limited parking for a van (which we parked down the road in underground parking 2 min walk away) I would recommend this. Would be great for a girls weekend or even for a small family :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We were in Montreal for a wedding needing to be mostly on the the west side so it served our purposes. Definitely get what you pay for. Staff was very friendly, but TV was a 19"tube, bed mattress was dirty and very worn. There was a hole in the bathroom door. Probably would not stay there again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank srleahy3182
Sunnyside, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I came to the hotel as a dramatist working on a show for the Segal Centre; my first trip they just told me where they'd be putting me up and all I did was arrive to check in. But I immediately loved it. The rooms (at least the room I was in) are simple and fairly basic with one HUGE difference setting them apart for many similar hotels: A fully functional, fully equipped private kitchen. Stove, microwave, flatware, silverware, fridge, the works. And when I needed little "work" extras — a power strip and an extension cord — cheerfully, speedily provided. The Segal Centre has hotels closer to it, but came time for my next trip, I asked if I could stay at the Belvedere again, just because it felt comfortable and homey. Neighborhood is nice; plus ther's a convenient basic-fare eatery right across the street and easy access to the subway. All this said, my needs are not extravagant. If I'm comfortable, feel at home (away from home) and don't have to worry about the basics (that word again), I'm good. But in my experiece the Belvedere filled the bill very pleasantly.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Pelaphus
Troy, NH
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel met our needs to be in Montreal and close to the metro. The room we had was big and I liked having a living room and small kitchen. It wasn't fancy and yes, there were holes in the cabinet holding the TV but it wasn't that bad. I expected a real dump according to some of the reviews here. It wasn't. The room had a balcony which faced an ugly alleyway and other balconies but I liked the idea of another fire exit. The roof top was amazing - the view terrific - and the pool on the roof was also a plus. Breakfast was adequate. The area was charming and the metro really close. One street away, was everything you could possibly need. Convenient, adequate and the price was right. The front desk people were very nice and the parking was close and convenient.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room with the balcony facing the main street.
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The good- View, which is okay at best. It is breathtaking at night but in the day time it's just okay (was on the 15th floor). Going to the roof they had a pool, balcony with an outstanding view, laundry room, and an exercise room. Check in was fairly quick

The Bad- Wifi was full bars but was slow, didn't work most of the time, and constantly disconnected/barely worked. Hotel staff were okay, but there was usually only one staff on duty at busy times. Asked for the updated room in the picture, got an old room.

The ugly- The room had so many tripping hazards. I found myself tripping on very small differences in the floor height resulting in many stubbed toes. The room had cracked walls, the television had a nasty scratch, and the drawer in the kitchen was not on a track and would fall. The balcony had a low railing and didn't feel stable. You could look into the other rooms just by leaning on the balcony. Pool room had a really horrid smell. Beer bottles were littered on the patio. I asked for an updated room and they didn't deliver.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nicer views.
1 Thank Montreal-life