La Tour Belvedere
US$313
US$783
US$758
  • Pool
All reviewsatwater metro stationalexis nihonapartment stylefull kitchenseparate bedroomsitting arearooftop terracewalking distanceunderground parkingtop floorcoffee makerspacious roomdowntown montreallocation is excellentcatherine streetbell centrekitchenette
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the location. Nothing is far away from you. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to spend a good time in montreal without overspending. You basically get what you pay for. Don't expect too much, or you'll be disappointed. I liked this hotel because it felt more like a second home; a full kitchen with china, utensils, pots and pans. Saves you a lot while on vacation (you can cook at your room instead of eating out).

Only disappointment was the wifi. Too slow for my taste, but the rest, I can't complain. Staff was great, and I felt secure during my stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aldanalina
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Place was dated and there was a definite smell coming out of the kitchen and living room.
staff was friendly, explained hat they were in the process of updating. moved me to an updated room, which was clean and much nicer.
overall spartan decorations (no pictures on the walls, no rugs on the floor, etc) furniture looked like it came from IKEA, which was OK for where we were.
Overall, the staff was nice, friendly and helpful. the place itself, well don't be afraid to ask for a change of room. overall it was OK

Room Tip: ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John M
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We went to Montreal on a girls weekend get away. Mainly we got the room because we had some smokers so we wanted a room with a balcony. Well this little pad sure surprised us, it had a full size fridge and apartment sized oven with all the dishes you would need for 3 people.
We had a queen bed with a pull out couch, yes some of the furniture was outdated but those things are not all to important to me, after all we go to see the city not the furniture in the room.
It was quite a steal for what we got. Next time I will know to bring more food so that we don't have to eat out as much.
Other then the limited parking for a van (which we parked down the road in underground parking 2 min walk away) I would recommend this. Would be great for a girls weekend or even for a small family :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We were in Montreal for a wedding needing to be mostly on the the west side so it served our purposes. Definitely get what you pay for. Staff was very friendly, but TV was a 19"tube, bed mattress was dirty and very worn. There was a hole in the bathroom door. Probably would not stay there again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank srleahy3182
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I came to the hotel as a dramatist working on a show for the Segal Centre; my first trip they just told me where they'd be putting me up and all I did was arrive to check in. But I immediately loved it. The rooms (at least the room I was in) are simple and fairly basic with one HUGE difference setting them apart for many similar hotels: A fully functional, fully equipped private kitchen. Stove, microwave, flatware, silverware, fridge, the works. And when I needed little "work" extras — a power strip and an extension cord — cheerfully, speedily provided. The Segal Centre has hotels closer to it, but came time for my next trip, I asked if I could stay at the Belvedere again, just because it felt comfortable and homey. Neighborhood is nice; plus ther's a convenient basic-fare eatery right across the street and easy access to the subway. All this said, my needs are not extravagant. If I'm comfortable, feel at home (away from home) and don't have to worry about the basics (that word again), I'm good. But in my experiece the Belvedere filled the bill very pleasantly.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business