Best Western Plus Montreal Downtown-Hotel Europa
Ranked #62 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
London, Canada
“Convenient”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed there for a couple of nights. The room was nice, clean and of good size. Location wise this hotel is very convenient (few minutes walking distance to train station as well as to alot of restaurants and stores). Considering the location, the rates were very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Londonerr
Francisco G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Montreal Downtown-Hotel Europa, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at the hotel Best Western Plus Hotel Europa Montreal were our vision is To Lead the Industry in Superior Customer Care..

On behalf of our entire team and myself I would like to thank you once again and we look forward in welcoming you in the near future.

Francisco Gonzalez Gil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel in July 2014 - this is one of the cleanest hotel I've stayed in. The place is spotless -the bedroom is all white and is well spaced. It had a queen size bed, large screen tv, mini fridge, coffee maker with coffee, tea and sugar. Comfortable chair , lots of table lamps lots of closet space, end tables and a large dresser. I was there by myself but it was comfortable enough for 2 people. Large washroom with shower and tub and all the beauty products needed. Fluffy white towels . I was very impressed and would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Montreal. It is located right downtown and is close to lots of restaurants just up the street from the hotel. Starbucks and chapters about 500 feet from the hotel - easy transportation close to the subway and buses. The fact that it is located downtown I was surprised that there was no noise either from the street or from other clients.

I was very impressed by the staff, they were fluent in French and English and they were so accommodating and were able to answer all the questions I asked. When I registered I was informed that I was allowed 20 minutes of free long distance - now where do you get this kind of service? I usually have to pay for my long distance calls, local calls were free and there were 3 computers in the lobby for clients use. The lobby was very nice. The price is right so you couldn't ask for a better place to stay.

Room Tip: From what I could see all the rooms were well located. I was on fifth floor and was very happy with...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank D0l0resu
Francisco G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Montreal Downtown-Hotel Europa, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hotel Europa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay at The Best Western Plus Hotel Europa were our vision is to Lead the Industry in Superior Customer Care.

We are pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our associates effort’s and take the time to say thank you.

Your comments will be shared with Stephanie and the entire team, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Best Western Plus Hotel Europa a leader in superior customer care.

We look forward in welcoming you on the near future at The Best Western Plus Hotel Europa.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

For the price the hotel was ok. Not dirty but the bathroom definitely needed a fan as it smelled moldy as soon as you showered. Also could have used an area guide or some indicator of ammenities. Staff was friendly. Food at both restaurants was great!

Stayed July 2014
Francisco G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Montreal Downtown-Hotel Europa, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay at The Best Western Plus Hotel Europa Montreal where our vision is to Lead the Industry in Superior Customer Care.

We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for all our valued guests such as yourself.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on future occasions.

Kansas
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice and clean. Excellent location. You will pay 25 dollars a day to park. No breakfast but they do have a restaurant on site. We spent about 20 for breakfast. They also have a bar/grill which was really good. Plan to spend about 30 dollars a couple. They have on site convenience store with a few of the necessity things....the price of the hotel was fantastic. The only thing was the WiFi. Worst ive seen in a while. Sometimes it worked... Sometimes not. Not preferred for the business traveler. I would give 5 stars if WiFi was anywhere close to being up to standards. If you dont need Internet, I would recommend. If you do, I would not.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Best Western Plus Hotel Europa were our vision is to Lead the Industry in Superior Customer Care.

I’m really surprise to hear about the internet as we have taken great measures to have excellent Wi-Fi service for all our guests, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause you.

I will share your comments with our team as they are always very delighted to hear the feedback we get from our valued guest such as yourself.

Regards,

Hotel Manager
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel during Formula I weekend. The hotel is very well located, but it seems it need a little tender care. Our room faced the street, it was very big but the bathroom was just the tiniest little bathroom we have ever seen. Television control didn"t work but got prompt attention from maintenance. The room needs a mirror, there is none and when someone is in the tiny bathroom your cannot ready yourself ( a lady), you have to guess. The most important factor that makes us give a low score is no safety deposit boxes in the hotel, couldn:t believe that in such a big city with so many tourist around you had to leave valuables at the front desk. They need to update this.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lourdes M
Vancouver, B.C.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A front Desk Staff her Name is Stephanie provided very welcoming services & she's also wonderfully Helpful. I made my usual reservation through expedia & for a few experiences of mine ... The reservation was lost (what's not new?!?!) Stephanie, saw that & made it very smooth, she found a very pleasant room for me & through the week I was there, she happily greeted me, saying "Hi, how's everything?" Got me a Taxi..etc... This is the 2nd time I stayed in this Hotel & I highly recommend it to my Clients. I stayed in most amazing Hotels from N.Y. to SFO to Paris when I work... Honestly, Stephanie's Front Desk is warm & fabulous! Nice, Simple & Personal. Thank You!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank soulparis
Francisco G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Montreal Downtown-Hotel Europa, responded to this review, 9 July 2014

Westmount, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I wound up staying here for two nights in July during a heatwave. I actually live in Montreal but my 100 year old house doesn't have a/c and this was a welcomed treat! The hotel's location is excellent, and right next door to it is a "Chez Cora" restaurant which is a great place for breakfast. There are plenty of reasonably priced restaurants very close by, and the hotel is close to the metro, and is in the downtown core close to St Catherine Street and nearby shopping. The Bell Center is also just a block away. The hotel has recently undergone a major renovation, and our room was very clean, contemporary and medium sized. The room comes with a mini fridge and a coffee/tea maker which is nice first thing in the morning. The people who work at the front desk are incredibly kind, friendly and go out of their way to help you. I had called downstairs with a request and within minutes they had sent someone upstairs to deal with it successfully and with a smile! My only gripe would be with how easy it is for basically anyone to walk into the hotel off the street, and go to the elevators and access any of the floors..... which in theory isn't the worst thing that can happen unless you are wanting to use the hotel's gym located on the 6th floor. I was dismayed to find it with no door, just a wide open space with no kind of keyed in entry, no video security, and not even a panic button and it is located right next to the door that leads to the roof top terrace which is also just an open door that anyone can gain access to and once on the roof there is no lighting, and no security..... wouldn't want to be a woman exercising alone in the gym that's for sure! but the gym itself had an elliptical machine, 2 treadmills, an exercise bike and nautilus equipment. Overall I'd stay at this clean, friendly hotel again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family