“Great Location and Staff”

Best Western Ville-Marie Montreal Hotel & Suites
Ranked #36 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This hotel is centrally located close to shopping and restaurants. Yes this hotel is old and definitely requires updating. The rooms are clean and the bed comfortable. The water pipes do rumble. If you are spending all your time in the room I wouldn't recommend it. The staff at the front desk are the friendliest I have encountered on this trip. If you get the pleasure of staying here I hope you are checked in by Peter.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cint044

Reviewed 19 September 2011

i stayed in this hotel just one night. I was disappointed for the price paid. We get a double room for 180 dollars: I have a corporate code that could be used also for leasure travel, and when i entered the hotel asking if they had one room and giving my corporate code, they said that the corporate code cannot be used, but they could give me a 10% discount. Later I found out that the same room in their internet site, using the corporate code costs just 120 dollars. I wrote to the hotel, but they just said that the price change every moment. That's why i will avoid this chain if I could find another one.
anyway, the hotel is in a good location, near to dorchester sqare, even if in my opinion it's not really central.
the rooms have Free wifi, empty fridge, coffe makar, no satefy bx, and the double queen room are very big, even if a bit outdated, but anyway very clean. being dated, the acustics is not very good, you could find people in the next room!
the Parking is expensive, (35 dollars) but if you are in the city during the weekend you could park in the street without paying anything.
the hotel, even if is outdated is nice, well mantained, but I feel the price I've paid is too much for what i've got!
in the lobby there are 2 pc and printers for the customers. gymn.
if you could find a good price, the hotel is nice, but if you pay what i paid, there is for sure nicer hotels!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rosellinarossa
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I am a tour guide and I am coming to this hotel for years with my German tourists. We always appreciate the real nice and warm reception we receive by all staff members. They are very accommodating and helpful in any way. The breakfast and dinner are tasteful and in a nice athmosphere. The rooms are not the newest ones but they are always clean and well done. Location is what counts in Montreal - we can walk anywhere since we are in the middle of the city close to all the interesting parts as well as shopping and restaurants. It is always a pleasure to stay at the BW Ville Marie!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2011

The staffs were very nice there, especially the vallet employee. The hotel was close to the main street St. Catherine so you can walk to many shops and restaurants. The room was OK.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I liked many things about the place; it was walking distance to every place I had to go, and close to many good restaurants. Speaking of restaurant the one in the hotel has a great menu and the food and service were awesome.

A few things to mention, the building is kind of old and although there was apparent renovations throughout the years the multiple coats of paint on the door frames says that new renovations are needed. My biggest issue was the ridiculous step to the bathroom for which there was a definite attempt to smooth out but I still banged my toes on it.

Only valet parking service is available for a charge but the service is very good, I didn't have to wait for my car when I needed it.

All of the elevators were renovated and probably not too long ago. Some of them are pretty small but they take you where you want to go.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2011

First thing that you need to know is that they valet park your car for 25.00. Check-in staff were pleasant and friendly. The room was on the tenth floor and was spacious and clean but a bit dated. There was an old-style t.v., mini fridge, coffee maker, and large mirrored closets. The bathroom was large and clean but does need updating. The room had dark carpeting so it looked clean but my son's white socks told another story. The two queen beds were so comfortable and clean, had the best nights sleep ever on our five day road trip. It was fun to stay right in the city, and on the suggestion of Phillip (one of the valet guys) we walked to Crescent street to take in the sights and see all of the restaurants there. The hotel has a restaurant, and a cafe. We had coffee in the cafe and watched people on the street. I really liked this hotel and we would come back for sure.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank scotiangirl194
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We pre booked through expedia for 3 rooms. We were very tired, and this was the last night of a 3 week family road trip.

Upon checking in, we were told only one room was booked. My Online printout clearly showed 3 rooms.

I said ok, mistakes happen, please give us the rooms at the stated rate. Only one was available, and she would not give us the rate my online booking was.

We booked that room, plus 3 singles since they did not have double bed rooms. It was 2:30 and we were told to come back at 3 since the rooms needed to be cleaned.

We came back at 4 pm and 2 rooms were not ready! I mentioned this and the reply was "Well at least we have some of the rooms."

I really do not recommend this hotel. There are so many nicer options in the immediate area with similar pricing.

• Stayed: September 2010