“Very satisfied with this hotel.”

BEST WESTERN Ville-Marie Hotel
Ranked #39 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Ipswich, Suffolk
“Very satisfied with this hotel.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for just one night and were very satisfied with it. It is situated in Peel Street which is a busy area of Downtown Montreal. There were plenty of restaurants, cafes and bars in walking distance from the hotel.
Our room was clean, comfortable and fully equipped. The bed, bed linen and towels were very good quality. There was a large bathroom with hair dryer and toiletries. Back in the bedroom there were tea and coffee making facilities, a large TV and iron and board in the wardrobe.
There is a restaurant in the hotel but we had our breakfast in the rather pleasant Café Castel which is situated just off the hotel lobby. They do a cooked breakfast for around $8 or just croissant or toast. There is a good choice of various pastries and fruit too.
The lobby was well furnished and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful. Like all of the hotels we stayed in on our Canadian Tour this hotel offered free Internet.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Sue Rat.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel met our expectations right from the moment we arrived. The concierge was right there getting our bags from the car. (We did their valet parking as everything we wanted/needed was in walking distance). The room was clean and large. The bed slept so comfortably.

We cannot speak highly enough of the concierge..Abraham and Johnathan were so helpful and so very gracious. They arranged tours & called taxi's when needed. They made us feel so welcome! It rained while we were there and offered umbrellas for us to walk to our destinations. We ate breakfast on our departure day in the restaurant and was so pleased at how friendly and attentive the waitress' were.

All in all, we gave this hotel a high rating because of their location, friendliness & attentiveness to detail. Definitely would return!
Don and Linda G from NC

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have a Conference in Downtown Montreal and decided to try some of the hotels so I don't need to travel back and forth to the West Island (suburbs). I found this hotel through Hotel.com with excellent Tripadvisor ratings. One lesson I learned is that if you go directly to Best Western about the best price in any of these ".coms" they will match it and still get everything including loyalty points. also Hotel.com will charge a fee. overall, the stay in this hotel is very pleasant. Katy from the front desk will really take care of you. she even provided me with an umbrella during the few rainy days. and because I got the wrong information about check in time, she made sure that I got a table to continue working and can even use the wireless in the hotel. the price of the stay is definitely an attraction to decide on this hotel. my only feedback to them is to fix the café. during the days that rained, it also rained indoors. the leaky roofs should be a priority to get fixed.to sum this up,definitely a hotel to recommend, location, cost, comfort and cleanliness are tops.

Room Tip: top floors and not close to elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Elizabeth K
Gladstone, MO
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Hotel is downtown, next to the F1 villages on Peel and Crescent. The subway is 1 block away. The staff is helpful if you need to find someplace. The rooms are nice and spacious. The refrigerator did make a lot of noise, but may only be my room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank David S
Canada
Reviewed 14 June 2014

On June 2nd, 3rd and 4th, 2014 I stayed at this hotel. Being a handicapped person I found the handicapped room that was assigned to me was not very adequate. Some Best Western hotels offer walk-in showers. My room had only a bath, therefore, I had to wash myself at the sink during my whole stay there. However, I did receive great service from Jhonatan, the concierge, that works there. There is a wheelchair ramp inside the hotel which provides access to the front desk and elevators. Without me asking Jhonatan, many times he would help to push my wheelchair up and down the ramp and also help me to go outside. He would do these small gestures willingly, and always with a smile, He was always good mannered, polite and very respectful of my situation. Other employees, especially at the front desk, on evening shifts specifically, should learn from him. Jhonatan made my stay at this hotel very pleasurable. In my opinion, this hotel has a great asset in Jhonatan as an employee. He has an intuitive knowledge and feeling for Customer Satisfaction. One that other employees could do well to emulate. Also of special mention is Katy at the front desk (daytime) who provided me with kindness and consideration for my needs. Vivianne M. New Brunswick

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BlarneyO
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I am not one to write any reviews but this hotel is worth sharing with others for its accommodating nature and competent staff. Location is excellent for McGill and trendy shopping on Sherbrook and Ste. Catherine streets. We found a good value based on the cost and helpful nature of the staff. Katy at the front desk went out of her way to assist with questions and we were impressed by the owner greeting all the guests one morning. Parking is reasonable. Our room was tidy, the beds were comfortable and when we return to Montreal we will call them first.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stan B
Chester County, PA
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We traveled to Canada for the Formula 1 race. As a result, rates for 4 nights were $1500+. Considering that price, would have expected better. The elevators are tiny; the room only provided 2 bath towels for 2 guests; the floor in the bathroom was not cleaned the entire time we were there; only 1 coffee packet was in the room; a light bulb was out in the bathroom. Not exactly what we were expecting. Even after requesting more towels, they still didn't give us 4 the next day. Breakfast (buffet) was horrible. Everything was cold as they only had 1 sterno heating up 2 trays of food in the same container. And, this was after being open for 2 hours. Overall, disappointing to say the least. And, there was a constant noise in our room. Not sure it was the air conditioner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple