“Good service”

Hotels Gouverneur Montreal
Ranked #100 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We were on a school trip with our son. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are big, bathrooms small, decor a little worn. But room was clean and the hotel has a nice view of a park. Great brunch in the hotel. Again staff is very friendly and willing to help!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,221)

Reviewed 21 April 2012

The hotel is pretty disappointing, but is in walking distance to L' Olympia (which is a good thing). The parking garage is terrifying. I nearly hit my head on pipes when I got out of my car. Park at your own risk.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Great hotel, friendly staff, I was able to have an early check in, which was great since my bus arrived at 11am, and wanted to get settled in the room early. Great view from top floor, only decide is neighborhood, constantly tormented from homeless people and vagrants each time I went outdoors or to the subway. Otherwise I would stay here again in a heartbeat

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We booked this place over the Easter weekend. We were there from Thursday to Monday. Staff were very friendly, the place was clean. The rooms where clean and fairly big compared to other hotels I've stayed in. Most important the beds were extremely comfortable. Coffee/tea maker in room. Would have been nice to have a little fridge. They also have free high speed wifi. A decent pool, great to getaway, and also a sauna. The breakfast in the hotel is expensive. Parking in the hotel is expensive aswell. 18$ a day. Would have been nice if parking was free, considering you are renting the rooms.
Location was perfect. With in walking distance to everything, restaurants, shopping, bars, parks, subway stations.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jace898
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The suite was amazing. There was a view from the port to mont Royal.Amazing. The breakast was delicious. We were impressed by the hotel's combination of value, service, convenience, and comfort.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We drove to Montreal on Friday and decided to spend the night at the last minute. I booked a room on Hotwire. I was told that I would get a hotel such as the Hilton or the intercontinental. I got this place. We drove to it and found a parking spot on the street outside the hotel - what are the odds!
We check in and are advised to move our car because of the people who hangout in the park which is where we had parked along.
We were given our room with a Queen size bed - the front desk clerk asked us if we wanted to upgrade the room for 25.00. I said no, it was already almost 10 and we were going out. What was the point. We go up to our room. It was right against the elevators. I heard every elevator go up and down throughout the night. The room was ok - nothing special. Old furniture, tube tv, old phone. Bed was ok. It was clean and that's all that matters. i don't think this hotel should be comparable to a Hilton or anything. Perhaps a Best Western. It's not the best area at night. The underground parking was insane to get through. It was just one night and it served it's purpose but I won't be going back.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My friend and I visited from out of town and booked this hotel through Hotwire. After reading reviews, we were hesitant of the quality of the hotel... but, upon arriving, we were greeted by a friendly smile and accommodating front desk. They were able to change our room to double bed (we were given a single queen sized bed by Hotwire), offer early check in, as well as late check out. Special thanks to Julie for great service!

While the hotel was older and the furnishings and decor dated, the beds were very comfortable with clean and soft sheets. The location is very central, being right on top of a metro station and 2 blocks away from the Greyhound bus station. If you found this on Hotwire, don't judge it based on some of the other critical reviews... overall, we were impressed by the hotel's combination of value, service, convenience, and comfort.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Travellers also viewed these Montreal hotels
The Village (Gay Village)
Auberge Le Pomerol
Lelux Hotel
#118 of 165 in Montreal
Quartier des Spectacles
Hotel Quartier des Spectacles

Been to Hotels Gouverneur Montreal? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotels Gouverneur Montreal

Address: 1415, rue Saint-Hubert, Montreal, Quebec H2L 3Y9, Canada (Formerly Hotel Gouverneur Place Dupuis Montreal)
Region: Canada > Quebec > Montreal > Quartier des Spectacles
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #100 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Price Range: £64 - £130 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotels Gouverneur Montreal 3.5*
Gouverneur Place Dupuis is a 4-star hotel located in the heart of the vibrant Latin Quarter near Old Montreal. Our 352 rooms offer an ideal base for you to enjoy the city festivals, shopping and business meetings. Indoor swimming pool, exercise room, saunas and fine dining. Direct indoor access to the Berri-UQÀM Métro Station. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotels Gouverneur Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Gouverneur Hotel Montreal