1,348 results
All reviews place dupuis business floor drug store berri uqam metro line bit dated great view of the city convenient location two double beds catherine street old city supermarket privileges underground canada chinatown
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I went to Montreal on Tuesday Oct. 29 2013 and stayed at this hotel. The staff is very welcoming when I came through the door and the rooms are very well taken care of with a Beautiful view of this city.

I would recommend this hotel to all that are visiting Montreal.

Room Tip: Ask them to be on the side facing Mount Royal. You can see the cross on top of the mountain from this side.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This place is a solid 3.5 star hotel. I actually booked it through Priceline and was very happy with the stay.
If you're staying here don't expect a 5 star experience, as parts of the hotel are dated, but it's comfortable, safe, clean and in a great location for exploring the city. It's walking distance to the the restaurants and shops in Old Montreal (10-15 mins)
The hotel is basically attached to a Metro station, which you can access without going outside. There's also a food court, drug store and IGA grocery store attached to the back of the hotel that you can get to without going outside.
There's underground parking at the hotel which think costs $19 a night. We ended up parking at the Library a block away which had secure underground parking for $9 a night (on the weekend) as my truck was too high for the garage at the hotel. That worked out nicely.
Beds were a bit older in the hotel, but I slept fine. Ice machines are on every second floor, Keurig single cup coffee makers in the rooms. Heating and Air conditioning tempertaure control was responsive, as the room was cool when we arrived and quickly heated up when we adjusted the thermo.
The hotel was busy with many guests, which is always a good sign as I think it has a reputation for providing good value. The staff was also very helpful when approached in either French or English.

Room Tip: You can get some nice views of the city the higher you get.
2  Thank Rmack
Chantale D, Manager at Hotels Gouverneur Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Good day,

Thank you for your nice comments regarding our hotel. We appreciate the time and effort in sharing your experiences because we thrive in providing our guests the best experience possible.

We hope to welcoming you again in the near future!

Kind regards
C. Dubé
Director of operation

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have stayed here twice with my family because my daughter is a student at McGill. I booked the room on hotwire both times so I didn't pay full price for the rooms. I see there are a lot of negative comments but in my experience, the hotel was fine. A good value for what I paid, not seedy and in a good location. The metro is easily accessible from the mall that is attached to the building so you don't have to go outside in the cold or rain.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Chantale D, Manager at Hotels Gouverneur Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Mara,

We thank you for sharing with us your experience further to your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in a near futur!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Very dated, dirty, no fridge, 2 inches of water build up in the tub when showering, old TUBE TV, cracked bathroom vanity top, old floor lamp in the corner not plugged in and nowhere to plug it in, poor quality bedding. If you like disappointments, book now...

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
3  Thank zblacksmithz

Dear Zblacksmithz,

It is with great care that I have read your comment. If I may, I would like to propose to you our business class room that offers a magnificent view of the city, located on private floors, glass shower and full American breakfast.

I hope that we'll have the chance to welcom you again in a near futur. Feel free to contact me personally, it will be a pleasure to ensure that your next visit meets your expectations.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

The location is the best thing about this hotel. It is just across the road from the airport bus stop and the Berri-UQAM interchange metro station and walking distance from Old Montreal, the port, Chinatown and the buzzy restaurants in Rue St Denis. The price is reasonable for a large city centre hotel but the decor is a little tired. Large rooms and nice bathrooms. There is a decent sized swimming pool and a gym. Breakfast quite an expensive extra but good. Wonderful views of the city from the higher floors.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front at least 7 floors up have great view.

Dear Bobcat605,

We thank you for sharing with us your experience further to your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you in a near futur!

Warm regards,