1,334 results
All reviewsplace dupuisbusiness floordrug storeberri uqammetro linebit datedgreat view of the cityconvenient locationtwo double bedscatherine streetold citysupermarketprivilegesundergroundcanadachinatown
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I would really like to know what sort of crack people are smoking to say this is a good hotel. Where are you used to staying? A lean-to on the side of the road? My wife and I got this hotel on a Priceline bid, $65 a night and I would of preferred to stay virtually anywhere else.

Homeless people sleeping INSIDE the sliding doors of the hotel greeted us.
Our first room on the 11th floor smelled so strongly of mold, we moved down to the 10th floor.
The carpet, the bed, the shower, the desk and the shelves had not been changed or updated in decades. The carpet was almost worn through in spots.
The internet was free, but you got kicked off every 10-15 minutes or so.
The shower head was, and this isn't an exaggeration, was from the 1960s. The extreme water pressure caused the water to come out in one clump. Spinning or turning the shower head did nothing. The water backed up almost instantly and the shower floor felt lumpy. It was unsafe.
There appeared to be some kind of frat party on our floor with fratboys slamming doors until 4 in the morning.

Good things about the hotel: near the metro, near grocery stores and lots of restaurants. That's it.

Probably the worst hotel I've ever stayed at and NO WHERE NEAR a 3-star hotel on Priceline. 1-star at best.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank TheBlargg
Chantale D, Manager at Hotels Gouverneur Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Sir,

We have been in business for over twenty years. Any kind of business still standing and performing for this duration translates in hundreds of satisfied guests.

Please note that hotels have to comply to so many regulations from different entities making sure that all aspect are respected at all times. I've been working at the hotel for the past 4 years and never heard of any homeless people sleeping INSIDE the sliding door. To assure the security of our guests, we have security agent 24/24 and well advise staff.

Surprise inspections are made all year around and all hotels have to be conform to all standards at all times. I regret that you felt that your comment should be public and on trip advisor. We value all our guests comments and they continue to drive us to improvement however some comments should be documented and thought over seriously.

Hundreds of employees work at the Gouverneur for years and do their best to serve our guests (and they are not crack people as mention in your comment). They pride themselves in their jobs and feel really astonished by such an easy comments.

Please, feel free to call me directly to discuss the matter further, I will be glad to assist you.

Kind regards,

C.Dubé
Director of operation

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I went to Montreal on Tuesday Oct. 29 2013 and stayed at this hotel. The staff is very welcoming when I came through the door and the rooms are very well taken care of with a Beautiful view of this city.

I would recommend this hotel to all that are visiting Montreal.

Room Tip: Ask them to be on the side facing Mount Royal. You can see the cross on top of the mountain from this side.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This place is a solid 3.5 star hotel. I actually booked it through Priceline and was very happy with the stay.
If you're staying here don't expect a 5 star experience, as parts of the hotel are dated, but it's comfortable, safe, clean and in a great location for exploring the city. It's walking distance to the the restaurants and shops in Old Montreal (10-15 mins)
The hotel is basically attached to a Metro station, which you can access without going outside. There's also a food court, drug store and IGA grocery store attached to the back of the hotel that you can get to without going outside.
There's underground parking at the hotel which think costs $19 a night. We ended up parking at the Library a block away which had secure underground parking for $9 a night (on the weekend) as my truck was too high for the garage at the hotel. That worked out nicely.
Beds were a bit older in the hotel, but I slept fine. Ice machines are on every second floor, Keurig single cup coffee makers in the rooms. Heating and Air conditioning tempertaure control was responsive, as the room was cool when we arrived and quickly heated up when we adjusted the thermo.
The hotel was busy with many guests, which is always a good sign as I think it has a reputation for providing good value. The staff was also very helpful when approached in either French or English.

Room Tip: You can get some nice views of the city the higher you get.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rmack

Good day,

Thank you for your nice comments regarding our hotel. We appreciate the time and effort in sharing your experiences because we thrive in providing our guests the best experience possible.

We hope to welcoming you again in the near future!

Kind regards
C. Dubé
Director of operation

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have stayed here twice with my family because my daughter is a student at McGill. I booked the room on hotwire both times so I didn't pay full price for the rooms. I see there are a lot of negative comments but in my experience, the hotel was fine. A good value for what I paid, not seedy and in a good location. The metro is easily accessible from the mall that is attached to the building so you don't have to go outside in the cold or rain.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Chantale D, Manager at Hotels Gouverneur Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Mara,

We thank you for sharing with us your experience further to your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in a near futur!

Warm regards,
Chantale Dubé
Director of Operation

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Very dated, dirty, no fridge, 2 inches of water build up in the tub when showering, old TUBE TV, cracked bathroom vanity top, old floor lamp in the corner not plugged in and nowhere to plug it in, poor quality bedding. If you like disappointments, book now...

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank zblacksmithz

Dear Zblacksmithz,

It is with great care that I have read your comment. If I may, I would like to propose to you our business class room that offers a magnificent view of the city, located on private floors, glass shower and full American breakfast.

I hope that we'll have the chance to welcom you again in a near futur. Feel free to contact me personally, it will be a pleasure to ensure that your next visit meets your expectations.

Chantale Dubé