1,334 results
All reviewsplace dupuisbusiness floordrug storeberri uqammetro linebit datedgreat view of the cityconvenient locationtwo double bedscatherine streetold citysupermarketprivilegesundergroundcanadachinatown
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We were in Montreal for a mini vacation and a family members wedding. We booked our 3 night stay here, though a 3rd party company. Upon arriving in Montreal we jumped on e Metro and got off basically under the hotel, every easy to get to via public transportation. Lobby was clean and tidy, and front desk staff were polite and spoke both French and English. There was some confusion about our room type, we were told we would be able to select the type, and were provided with two double beds, when we asked for a queen instead we were told that that would not be possible. We could check back the end day which we didn't were told again that it was not possible.

Our hotel room, was very clean but the rooms are slightly dated, if your there for multiple days and will be watching tv at night or anything, the TVs are old and we had a week signal. But this didn't effect our overalls away. House keeping staff were very nice, and friendly.
We didn't have time to check out the pool or fitness room,
There is however lots of restaurants near by, and a food court in the mall attached.
We had been warned about lots of homeless people outside of the hotel, and this was true it's due to the subway terminal being so close, not much the hotel can do about that, it's part of having great accessibility.
The location was so convenient and the value was bang on, we will be staying there for our next trip to Montreal in a few months, as well.

I must also mention, comfortable beds, and pillows. We both got great sleep at night, and place was quiet

Room Tip: I would call ahead, and make sure the room type you want has been attached to your reservation.
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Booked through hotwire. Stayed for 1 night, glad that we paid a reduced rate. Would not have been happy if we'd had paid the full amount. The hotel itself was OK, a little dated and not 100% clean, but the staff on the front desk let the place down. Didn't use the pool, so can't comment on that, and we didn't spend much time in the immediate vicinty of the hotel (we spent time in Old Montreal) so can't comment on that either.

We pulled up outside and I went in to find out about parking. Was told that we had to check in first then we could park. Went outside to tell boyf riend and to get credit card etc, queued again at the desk and then told, no, you park first then come and check in. Car park is also VERY tight. A little later tried to get some info about something but they didn't seem interested in helping, borderline rude. The cleaning staff also kept on trying to come in from quite early - we were checking out that day, surley they could have waited until they knew we were checked out?! When we checked out I paid for parking and then we went to get our car. We tried to leave, but the guy at the exit wanted a voucher. I said no one gave me anything, they just gave me a recepit to say I'd paid. I then had to go back in and get the voucher. I would have thought that it was obvious to have given it to me in the first place, but apparently not. Front desk staff didn't apologise or even acknowledge that they didn't do things right! I have stayed in a number of hotels across Canada of varying price ranges, and have to say that this was the worst for customer service. Haven't experienced anything like this in North America before. 1st time using hotwire - probably won't use again. 1st time in this hotel - DEFINATELY won't use again.

1  Thank BethAstington
Chantale D, Manager at Hotels Gouverneur Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

We thank you for sharing with us your experience further to your stay. We heard all your comments and consider them in its just value.

Rest assure that action have been taken immediately with the responsible department and that the matther were discuss with the people concerned.

We are truly sorry for not being able to respond to your needs. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss further, it will be a pleasure to assiste you.

Yours truly,
C. Dubé
Director of Operation

Reviewed 22 November 2013

wallpaper falling off the walls bathtub drain handle broken
and if you take a shower water rises to your ankles before it drains old tube tv wiht very bad reception (SNOW) stains on carpet and bed sheets toilet bowl stained whit i dont know what no fridge in room (extra $) tayd there november 2013 do not go outside full of beggars drug addicts and beggars that will leave you alone for a second and to end it all my wife and i got stuck in the elevator going down to leave do not go there are a lot of better hotel in montreal in much better neihbourhoods

1  Thank roger3713
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The hotel website totes itself as a four-start hotel which it is not. Perhaps it was one in the 70s or whenever this hotel was built but it's definitely not a four-star North American hotel today. Having said this, I was still satisfied with our stay because of the low price we paid.

If you're looking for a place to stay that's in downtown Montreal for a couple nights and you're not looking for pay more than $70 a night, this place is perfect. I booked through Priceline and got this for $70 although you could do the same through Hotwire with more certainty with which hotel you're getting. We were also told that we got an upgrade but the room looked pretty basic to me - double bed, a desk, television set, etc. Also had a shoe shine and trouser press (again, this hotel has got to be several decades old). Nevertheless, we appreciated the free upgrade especially since we got the room for such a good price. We stayed on the 25th floor and had a nice view of the city.

My major issue with the hotel is the $20/day parking fee. If I had paid the regular $130/night plus a $20 parking fee, I would have been sorely disappointed with the quality of this hotel. The other problem is that there was no fridge in the room so we couldn't keep anything in the room that required refrigeration.

The decor is dated and we weren't interested in the pool or sauna but I suspect they would be quite old as well.

All in all, a very average hotel for a good price. If the hotel underwent some renovations, it could be boosted from a 2.5/3 star hotel to a 4-star one.

I've noticed that other reviewers were upset by the number of homeless people in the area. Well, I've been to Montreal many many times and a) the hotel cannot control where homeless people decide to settle, b) Montreal is full of homeless people everywhere except the suburbs anyway and c) I've never felt unsafe anywhere in Montreal, even walking alone at night as a single female. So folks, suck it up, homeless people are people too. They will not in large part bother you unless their mere presence bothers you and in that case, you may have some personal reflection to do.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here for a week in October. Kinda dodgey neighbourhood with a lot of homeless people and druggies. Tons of beggars everywhere.
The hotel itself has a nicer hotel for business class clients which i never got to see. The room we were given was adequate for what we needed. Had 2 beds in good condition with pillow top mattresses. A non-lcd TV which again was fine. An incredible view of the city from the 18th floor. On the 5-6 floor there is a pool which had no lights working so if you like to swim in the dark its ok. Its heated kinda sorta. It doesnt open until 5 pm. Oddly enough. Theres a decent steam room in that area as well.
Pillow and blankets in the room were not good they were hard and blankets old.
Was charged for a fridge in the room. If you can get this room cheap and i mean cheap on priceline then go for it. Otherwise i would probably not stay here again nor would i be comfortable bringing my family. On a brighter note there is a supermarket and drug store right downstairs. Free wifi too. Nice people at front desk.

Room Tip: Higher up you go it gets better
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo