1,355 results
All reviews place dupuis business floor drug store berri uqam bit dated great view of the city metro station convenient location two double beds catherine street old city supermarket privileges underground canada chinatown
Reviewed 11 December 2013

For over ten years I have stayed many times at the Gouverneur and always enjoyed by stay. The service was excellent and the staff friendly. There are still some of the "regulars" working there whom I first met years ago. But over the past two years are so, things have changed. First, they have cancelled all room service [though I note that they show a breakfast tray in a photo of one of the rooms!! False advertising if you ask me] and in the past it was always excellent. One would have also expected, at least in the business rooms, real glasses and a modern TV, but I have the impression that the management or ownership of the Gouverneur haschanged since the cut backs seemed so unfortunate & unwise. I suspect too that the owners have cut back on the staff although some of the truly gracious and faithful still remain. But, as many have noticed, this is not the Gouverneur I once knew and enjoyed. Too bad since the location is excellent.

A long-time and loyal customer...

Room Tip: There is NO LONGER ANY ROOM SERVICE at the Gouverneur, and the pool and spa are not well maintained. The TV's are antiques. Have to say, however, that the staff are impressive, at least those who are still working there. Invest and update! Be a real 4-Star hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CJ B
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My friend and I booked this hotel through priceline.com with a great rate. After reading reviews on this place, I hoped to God not to get this hotel but I was proved totally wrong once we got there!

The lobby is very nice and the front desk agent was friendly. We had to wait a bit since we arrived earlier than check in time. They gave us another room on the 20th floor with 2 double/queen beds after waiting. We were definitely expecting the worst. When we opened the door to our room, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was a good size with clean & comfy beds and a clean washroom, etc.

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It's connected through an underground path via place dupuis to the metro. And the hotel was pretty much 2 or 3 stops max from the eaton center, old montreal, and plateau mont royal area. The subway stop for this hotel is Berri-UQAM, which is the main station that connects to 3 different lines - amazing.

We would definitely stay here again. Definitely a great experience with price line as a first time user!

Room Tip: I feel like the higher you go, the better the rooms are. We were on the 20th floor and loved our room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Chantale D, Manager at Hotels Gouverneur Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a beautiful comment. We appreciate your gesture to share and hope to count you among our dear guests in the near future.

Warm regards,

Director of Operation

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Having stayed at the Gouverneur Place Dupuis on many visits to Montreal, I must sadly report that the property continues a slow decline and apparent poor management. I have always been a fan of this property because of its great location, delicious breakfast buffet and cleanliness.

On our most recent trip in late November 2013, we were disappointed by a noticeable drop in cleanliness of the hotel. Our "business" room bathroom was filthy. Hair and dirt behind the door. The shower was also dirty with hair, etc. collected along the corners and walls. The common hallway on our floor (27) did not get vacuumed at all during our 3 night stay. The same food, dirt, etc. just stayed there like the housekeeper and/or manager did not see it. At $200+ per night for this room, we expected a higher standard.

This hotel is in a prime location and is overdue for a makeover and improved management. Hopefully, I will visit one day when this property becomes a jewel that it has the potential to be.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg H

We thank you for sharing with us your experience further to your stay. We would like to assure you that we heard your comments and consider them in its just value.

We regret that your experience was tainted by the cleanliness of your room and for your information, immediat action have been take with the Concern Department.

I would like to have the opportunity to show you our hospitally. Please feel free to contact me directly, it will be a pleasure assisting you.

Best regards,
Director of Operations

Reviewed 6 December 2013

When ever I go to Montreal I stay at the Gouverneur. It’s in the French part of town so I really feel like I get the true joie de vivre! It’s also very conveniently located close to all the best neighborhoods in Montreal. It has a great buffet breakfast and there’s a shopping center on the first level with just about anything you would need. It’s a short walk downtown to the Jazz fest or all the great resto’s in the old port. The staff are super nice and accommodating and the view is breathtaking. For the money, the Gouverneur can’t be beat!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rich J

Warm regards,

Director of Operation

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We got a deal through expieda and then Upgrading to a better room for a much better price then what we would have paid through the hotel. Rooms were clean. Just make sure you ask for a floor that was not a smoking floor in the past. We moved rooms due to the smell of smoke was soooo bad. It is close to the subway and within walking distance to most things. I would stay again for the price we paid .

Room Tip: ask about floors that do not smell like smoke
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple