Hotels Gouverneur Montreal
US$364
US$325
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Armor Manoir Sherbrooke(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$313
US$780
US$758
1,254 results
All reviewsplace dupuisbusiness floordrug storeberri uqambit datedhotel is locatedmetro stationstandard roomconvenient locationtwo double bedscatherine streetold citysupermarketchinatowncanada
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The 3 nights we spent here were actually beyond our expectations. Yes, the neighborhood has many homeless spare-changing, but I'm from NYC, so that doesn't bother me. Montreal is a large, urban city, so expect that sort of thing, especially around hotels. It is within walking distance to the old city, and has myriad choices of restaurants and bars within a few blocks, plus the metro station is one block away. The hotel is large, the rooms are huge for a city hotel - we had booked 2 rooms, one a single w/king bed and the other a double, w/2 double beds, both on the 21st floor. They were spotlessly clean and very quiet (less street noise the higher up you are), and both had excellent views of the city. The rooms were a little dated, paint chipped here and there, a spot or two on the carpet, but I found it negligible. Front desk service was excellent. The only glitch we had was when we checked in and they did not have our reservation for the second room. Right away Hugo got on the phone with the online reservation company and within a few minutes it was all straightened out. Plus we had our confirmation printouts, which helped (always bring those!). Hugo was great, but all the staff there were very kind and helpful. In fact, the only rude people we encountered during our stay were some of the panhandlers. It also didn't bother us that the hotel was hosting auditions for the Quebec version of The Voice, so the lobby was always overrun with lines of people with numbers taped to them waiting for their chance to become famous. It made our stay that much more interesting.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I would like to say the numbers in this place don't add up. We booked a room for 2, had pillows for 3 and only one cup to share. Now, my husband puts his tongue places I can't write about but on my cup isn't one of them. In the future I would like this hotel too respect peoples hygiene and supply drinking cups for all.

My husband and I have since split up so I have given this place 4 stars. Thanks for pointing my life in a different direction.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My husband and I stayed two nights at this hotel and when we arrived we were upset to see auditions were being held for the Canadian version of "The Voice" with hundreds of people lined up outside on the sidewalk. I have to say that they were there for our entire stay and caused no problems for us at all. The hotel was a ten minute walk to Old City and right around the corner from the Gay neighborhood filled with great restaurants. The street was closed off for easy access and there was also a grocery store attached to the hotel. The beds were comfortable and my only complaint was there was no refrigerator in the room for our wine and cheese snacks. We were very happy with our stay and the parking was reasonable and you could come and go as much as you wished.

Room Tip: We were on the 17th floor and had great views of the Olympic Village and could see some of the River.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel was alright, though for the price paid it should have been a lot better.

The Gouverneur is in an excellent central location, within walking distance of a lot of activities in the Latin Quarter/Rue Ste Catherine area, as well as being right above the central Berri-UQAM subway stop.

The hotel itself is in desperate need of some TLC. The rooms are quite dated and in need of basic upkeep. The room had a bit of a funky smell - perhaps it used to be a smoking room and was never cleaned properly. The faucet in the bathroom sprayed water everywhere and seemed to have only two settings - cold or scalding - and the shower wasn't much better with water backing up in the tub before you could even step in. The basics (linens, etc.,) were clean, but the room was in need of a deep clean - there seemed to be a layer of dust on all the less frequently touched areas (bathroom ceiling fan was covered in dirt/dust for example). The telephone didn't work (you could make calls to the front desk, etc., and they could hear you talking, but you couldn't hear a word they said), and the WiFi, though free, was extremely slow if you could connect at all.

The rooms on the business floors appear to have been remodeled much more recently than the room I was in, however the same issues with WiFi persist throughout the property.

Room Tip: The business floor rooms are significantly nicer than regular rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I arrived at the Gouverneur as a refugee from the dreadful Travelodge, where I had the misfortune to spend a few nights, and which was my worse hotel experience ever. As other guests have written, the furniture and carpets are a little bit tired, but even so the room at the 23 floor was very pleasant, clean and had lots of space. The beds were comfortable, with lots of pillows. Nice toiletries in the bathroom. Very good breakfast as well. There are more charming locations in Montréal, but the Gouverneur's isn't too bad. The hotel sits in front of a square, has lots of restaurants nearby and is a few steps from the Berri-UQAM metro station. This is not a hotel I would recommend for a romantic getaway, but if you are with friends or family you'll be fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends