“what are you looking for?”

Hotel du Manoir Saint Denis
Ranked #129 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 2 August 2010

i've been there for 4 nights.
PRO:
for sure the POSITION: just at the end of the street you have the undergound BERRI-UQAM, simply the most important of montreal with lines to go everywhere.
Again, you have lots of cool restaurants, pubs, coffee opened 24H.
The PRICE is good.. low price.. low quality of everything in the hotel.
CONS:
STAFF is rude and unprofessional. ROOMS are very small. CLENING ROOM made in late afternoon adn only 2 days in 4 i stayed.
In other words in you are in a 15 days trip tour throgh CANADA and USA and want just a cheap place where to sleep, located in the right position to visit the city.. OK.. book here!!
If you want a great hotel where to stay confortable and relaxing.. NEEEEEXT...!!! :-)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank campeale

Reviewed 29 June 2010

I had to travel from New York to Montreal for a week. Wanting to find accommodations that would not break the bank, I came across du Manoir. The rates advertised were cheap with a two-and-a-half start rating. Location was key for me and this hotel is near any and everything Montreal has to offer, be it metro stations, rue St Catherine or rue St Laurent and everything in between.

This is a no-frills place but they keep extra clean. Neighborhood and hotel are both safe and never had any issues leaving my phone or my laptop in the room while I went out to party.

The staff behind the front desk were very helpful as I kept asking them to change things with my reservation around (which they did immediately). There are other more expensive options in Montreal for sure, but this is the best value for money i have ever come across.

I visit montreal often, and this may just become my regular spot

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank ibesmo
Reviewed 14 June 2010

A really nice hotel and good position. Nice food and view. Will be back again ~~

Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank xin_84
Reviewed 17 May 2010

I arrived after a long trip from the Netherlands to Montreal. I booked a camper but it was necessary to stay in a hotel for one night! I was stupid and choose for this hotel! The guy at the reception was a little bit....not so very clever! I payed with my credit card and go for a sleep. In de middle of the night a lot of dronknoise came from the terasse at the front site of the hotel (I slept at the back site)
The next morning breakfast was not ready (international breakfast from 6 til 9) while de boy slept in his chair. I checked out while I payed the day of arrival. Never, never, never again this hotel. It was creepy, terrible!
Two weeks later I(back in the Netherlands) i recieved a mail from the booking operator. I didn't arrive at the Manoir hotel so they want to have taken the 57,24 CAD (49 CAD for the room + the tax) from my credit card!!! Ohhh my god. It wasn't worth the first CAD 57,24!!! And now.....they taken away another time CAD 57,24! Thank god I did have the little ticket of my paying!! My booking operater is traying to make it ondone i'll hope thay can fixed it!
It isn't worth one rate but i'm afraid there's no possibility to choose for zero rate!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank NeverStManoir
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Please don't waste your time! This hotel is grimy, outdated and I have never witnessed worse customer service anywhere else!

When my friends and I arrived at the hotel, we were "greeted" by an irritated old man behind the desk who, after giving us a round of dirty looks, refused to honor our reservation because the price we booked on Booking.com was "too low". He told us we had to pay a higher price or get out. Obviously we chose to go somewhere else rather than we treated with such blatant contempt. We ended up down the street at Auberge Montreal which was much cleaner and the customer service was great.

Even though we ended up at a much better hotel, the experience left my friends and I with a really bad impression so try and avoid this place at all cost! Not only was the customer service horrific, but it is illegal for hotels to try and raise the price that was already booked online.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank denisa30
Reviewed 19 October 2009

The worst customer service I've ever encountered!!!
Man at check-in refused to honor our reservation at the price we booked online. Insisted we pay more or go to another hotel. When we told him we would only pay what we booked online, he proceeded to call the online booking company to yell and complain. All the while, he lost several customers who arrived and quickly left after overhearing and witnessing this disgruntled man yelling over the phone!
I've never felt so unwelcome in my life. So, basically, we were kicked out and had to look for another hotel. We ended up staying at Auberge Montreal Espace Confort just up the street. Very cute and friendly service.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends