La Residence Du Voyageur
  • Restaurant
Loft Hotel(Montreal)
Hotel Elegant(Montreal)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 January 2011

I thought this place would be a quieter place to be on New Years Eve but it was just the opposite. There were multiple groups of teens who appeared to be underage drinking and partying around the somewhat small premises of the Motel until at least 3am, I found that it was just not possible to sleep through that much noise. I ended up sharing a pizza with the night manager at about 2am. We talked about calling the Police but I think the noise was coming from so many different locations in the Motel as to make a distinct call about the source of the noise to be next to impossible. I opted just to ride it out and I left the next day after catching some sleep from around 6am to noon type of thing. It is kind of a smaller Motel with smaller rooms but it is close to some very good restaurants on St-Denis street. The manager apologized for the big noise problem the next day, and he was being sincere, but I doubt if I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2010

The hotel is very centrally located and a minutes walk from the subway which i found very useful . We had a superior room which fitted in a bed a table and chair and a really tiny bathroom. Since we planned to be out the entire day and just return for the night it suited us just fine, except when packing /unpacking as theer was no place to open the bags.
The room was reasonably clean , though the carpets were stained and the bed spreads had holes....but thankfully no foul smell or bedbugs!!The staff were friendly and helpful (esp Caitlin ) and when they could not let us get a late check out they offered to store our bags for us.
Dont go expecting anything more than absolutely basic accomodation in a central location and you wont be disappointed

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Probably it was atemporary loss of sanity when I booked into this hotel.

1  Thank Bhopali1
Reviewed 24 May 2010

I stayed there for three nights in the room 54, the bathroom is bigger in this room because they call it a "superior room". Ask them to show you the rooms before renting it, trust me, the front desk staff is very professional. They showed me every room they had with a single bed and they even had a room with a small fridge and a microwave. At the moment of check-in the receptionist, a latino "David" was very nice and helpful, he gave me a map and told me where I could find good restaurants and how to get to the old port. Breakfast was quite good and I only paid $80 CAD per night for the same type of room that would've cost me $160 CAD in a four stars hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2009

We stayed here for 5 nights in all. The staff were very friendly and helpful but the room was quite depressing. We didn't look forward to going back to the hotel to relax, as the room was dingy so stayed out all day! Would recommend for 1 night though.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple