“Dirty, not safe, gross!!!!”

La Residence Du Voyageur
Ranked #149 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Mississauga, Canada
“Dirty, not safe, gross!!!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

first of all, this is not a hotel! - it's a garbage place!
Filthy beds, dirty mattress, disgusting carpets, smelly room (weed, cigarettes, dogs). It is just DISGUSTING!!!! I have never thought I am in a first world country when I entered the room!
I demanded a refund and thankful agoda did.
DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL PLEASE IF YOU CARE FOR YOURSELF!!!!
And don't use booking.com at all!!!! Worse experience ever!!!!

Room Tip: Use Expedia, never use booking.com
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Melissa C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Disgusting and Dirty

Everything is dated, everything is filthy, Dirty mattress and box spring, Unsafe illegal windows
Cigarette burns everywhere, Dirty tub, Dirty towels, Dirty carpet, Dirty phone, Dope heads, drug deals, marijuana smell, heroin addicts all over the hotel asking you for money. Unsafe lock. You name it they have it.

It was the only room in town. I got in at 11 I got out at 3am. Lost money but my life was in danger. It's that bad. I stayed in "cheap" hotel before - that one gets a five stars for craziness. The owner is so used to this madness that it's the norm for him.

The building literally shakes, the stairs and all the room doors shakes, shower curtain was used in place of window dressings, air conditioner was duct taped to the window, the shower was gross, etc. The electrical panel in the bathroom had been painted over! The ac unit was on the floor. Not to mention the fact that the bathroom was so small you couldn't even shut the door when sitting on the toilet! See pics.

You hear all the sounds coming from the room next yours and the room above you.

Oh... Wifi works fine and Kat at the front desk was nice.

Room Tip: Good luck ... Go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank Samantha Z

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I had to get out of that place in less than half of an hour. It was so bad I didn't mind losing my money I had to go to another hotel... I will never you booking.com anymore. Everything in that hotel was wrong. I have never seen a bathtub that short and small.. That was the was the worse experience ever..

• Stayed December 2013
6 Thank Fizibwa
London, Canada
Reviewed 6 November 2013

If you grew up in a cave, this might be a great deal, otherwise not so much. I would not care that everything is dated, but it does not have to be dirty, with cigarette burns on furnishings. Fortunately the bedding was clean. No bed bugs, but lots of dirt between the mattress and box spring. No hot water unless you get up at 4 Am. The "free" breakfast costs $2, save your money, couple stale buns and some jam. Positives? Free on street parking, walking distance to Latin Quarter. Helpful night staff. Could be a charming place with a bit more elbow grease. Not sure about the heating either we had decent weather in late October but rads did not work and each room was provided with a noisy electric heater.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank ZBarron
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Be aware and careful when booking through Expedia that your booking is final. I will not use Expedia again.
I was checking in the internet for Hotel near to the bus station going back to Toronto for the same day arrival. I found the Expedia, and called to confirm, the lady answered me and said the price in the internet is average and not correct; she offered to give me another hotel. I requested her to be sure it is near to the bus station, after she confirmed the hotel and price. I repeated to her to make sure it is near to the bus station, clean and good hotel which she ask me to hold she will make sure and ask me for the bus station address, after she confirmed that the hotel is 5 minutes’ walk to the bus station and it is very good clean hotel, I have repeated and confirmed twice.

20 minutes later, I arrive to the Hotel, first thing I asked them how far the bus station going back to Toronto and I give the address I was informed that it is 10 minutes’ drive (not 5 minutes’ walk as I was told).

However, Going up to the hotel room, I was disgusted to find it dirty, bed and mattress are very, very bad. I cannot sleep in this mattress. On the spot I decided to leave and spoke to the hotel reception which they agreed and cancel my booking in writing and sign for it. I immediately called Expedia, but they refused to cancel my booking and told me it is the Hotel rules. I tried to explain that it is 45 minutes’ between my booking and cancelation and also Hotel agree since I did not stay or use the room but still they refused and charge me the full amount.

While it is very clearly mentioned in Expedia website customer support Hotels change/cancel policy.
Expedia does not charge fees for changes or cancellations. However when the hotel charges such fees in accordance with its own policies, the cost will be passed on to you.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Magdyds
Falmouth, Nova Scotia
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I am not usually one to bother making a complaint I am pretty easy to please - HOWEVER - I stayed at this hole during Osheaga 2013 weekend and I was pretty appalled. The building literally shakes, the balcony on the front of the place is tied to a tree, a shower curtain was used in place of window dressings, air conditioner was duct taped to the window, the sink wouldn't drain, the shower was gross, etc. The electrical panel in the bathroom had been painted over! Not to mention the fact that the bathroom was so small you couldn't even shut the door when sitting on the toilet!

I should say though, if you can mentally get past all of the above, it is very close to the metro, lots of good restaurants close by, and within walking distance of almost everything. Just don't expect normal hotel accommodations - cause you won't find it here!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank missjiller
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 May 2013

On the plus side - cheap, clean, convenient, short walk from everything interesting.

On the downside - not very modern, and street parking (when they had advertised free parking) isn't as convenient. (Though if you find the parking, you can stay there after you check out, which is convenient.)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple