“Nivce rooms expensive food”

Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel
Ranked #44 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I came here for a conference with my family. The room was very nice. We were on the 30th floor and had a corner room, so we really enjoyed the view, especially at night. We signed up for their green initiative to not clean the room for three days and got $5 for each day. We used it toward breakfast. The food was so overpriced. The original bill was $45 for three people, one of which was a child. Even with the discount it was still $35 with the tip. I also bought a beer one night and it was shockingly $12! I don't even pay that at sporting events.
We also parked in the garage. It was average cost for city hotel garages. But it was easy to get in and out.
It's a great location to a lot places, especially the Centre Belle where the Canadians play. I would recommend it but suggest not eating there.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your review, we're happy to know you had a nice stay with us and we hope to see you again very son for your next stay in Montreal!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed here for five days for a conference. Some of my experiences:

SPG recognition
- Once you get in the lobby the spg check in line is immediately obvious with the large spg carpet leading you to the counter.
- Requested a 4pm checkout for my last day as I am a gold member but was politely told that they could only do 2pm. The staff did tell me to try again with the request on the day of departure.
- Was given a room on the 28th floor which is dedicated to Spg members. includes complementary bottles water daily and Starbucks coffee making machine.
- So far so good. Unfortunately, the extra "amenity" that is a perk given to Gold members did not materialise. This was my first stay at a Sheraton after achieving gold status so was quite disappointed.

The room
- Very comfortable beds and large bathroom.
- Great to have an output panel for the tv. As I had some movies loaded on my laptop the panel allowed me to connect my hdmi cable and watch them on the big TV!
- No bathrobes. First Sheraton I have been to that does not provide one.
- room service was very prompt.

Dining
- Paid $67 for breakfast at the bistro. For that we got omelette, French toast, earl grey tea, orange juice and unlimited coffee. Way overpriced even though the food tasted quite good.
- after the bistro experience tried a cheaper option the next day at the cafe bar. Two egg muffins, orange juice, and venti house Starbucks cost $20.
- For a conference hotel the limited dining options is such a surprise.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for your great feedback and for staying with us!

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have stayed in this property about 4 times now. One thing you will never go wrong about is the location due to its proximity to everything in downtown Montreal. I've not been overall impressed by the food but it is a great location that is just 10 minutes to old Montreal and all attractions

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthony I
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel is fine. The rooms are clean, the pool and the fitness room are quite lovely. Almost everyone has been very pleasant to deal with. But two events this afternoon made me think twice about the Cafe-Bar, which is a shame, because it is a very nice and open space and really the only common area in the entire hotel, which is very important if you are attending a conference. The first problem: Someone stole a laptop from a bag off the back of a chair where a woman was sitting, talking to someone else. Hotel security is looking into it, and there are supposed to be cameras, but still it was shocking. (I was sitting just three seats away.) Second, the Cafe-Bar stops serving food sometime after 1pm and before 2:30pm. I went there to get lunch when my session ended (about 1:30pm) and was told the Cafe-Bar was not serving food, but I could go to the formal sit-down restaurant. All I wanted to do was eat a sandwich and read a paper, so I went out to the delicious Pan Dore nearby to get a sandwich and return to the hotel where I could eat my sandwich and use the Internet. I ordered a diet coke ($5 btw) from the Cafe-Bar and sat down at one of the open-concept seating areas where other people were sitting and hanging out who had not ordered ANYTHING. One of the waiters took it upon himself to come tell me that I could not eat my sandwich in that space because I did not order it there. I told him I tried to order food, but they were not serving it. He said it did not matter and was rather rude. He said I should have gone to the sit-down restaurant (again, not what I wanted). I paid for my $5 Coke and walked past several folks who had not ordered anything.

I don't know why they stop serving food in the afternoon, but they need to fix this. Personally, I think the waiter was just being a bully and a better staff member would have had more grace and discretion.

2  Thank ElmoTheCat
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as we are always looking to improve on our services and you do us a great favor by offering your comments.

We do appreciate your comments and want our guests to have the best experience possible. We are very sorry that we failed you in this instance as your experience is contrary to the high level of service we strive to maintain and of which you have every right to expect at Le Centre Sheraton Montreal. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the Management team to ensure no recurrence for future guests.

We do hope to welcome you back whenever your travels bring you to Montreal!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great location - located down the block from Rue St Catherine with all the shops and restaurants
Clean lobby and rooms -Spacious rooms-

our room was near the elevators and we heard no noise whatsoever
if you sign up downstairs for SFG they offer your stay free wifi.

We also signed for the $5 day of Sheraton $ for going green which I would recd. It is $5 a day for them to skip cleaning your room. we would just ask the front desk to provide us with towels and to clean our garbage. We stayed three nights and got $15 which we used downstairs at the bar which I would AVOID we got two breakfast sandwiches and one soda all for $15. I live in NYC and for me that was very expensive.

Def rec'd parking next door at AutoParc Stanley instead of parking at the hotel. The rate is much cheaper and parking spots are very large, we have SUV with no problem we were able to self park it. Overnight stays were $16 while the hotel charges $25

Room Tip: if you sign up downstairs for SFG they offer your stay free wifi.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, we were happy to welcome you as our guests and hope that you will return in the near future!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had a great stay other than the really poor breakfast served at the Bistro restaurant. It was completely overpriced for what it was and the service was pretty poor. Went to Cora's round the corner the next day and had a delicious breakfast for half the price.

For such a nice hotel this really brings it down in my rating.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

You do us a great service by taking the time out of your busy schedule to offer your feedback, it is through concerned guest such as yourself that we gain insight into areas of our business that require attention, area that may have otherwise gone unnoticed.

We sincerely regret that we failed you in this instance and we do hope to have the pleasure to bing of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights over a weekend with my wife. We only ever use 3 or maybe 3.5 of the stars (i.e. no room service, bellhop, concierge, etc.) but we did enjoy the pool after a hot day of trudging around. The pool attendant was very friendly and interested in the guests. Our room had a queen size bed and the view from the 22nd floor was of the train station, so as good as could be expected. The room and bathroom were clean except for a little mold in the shower and dust on the desk. They were the fastest elevators we've used which was good when you forget something in your room on the 22nd floor! Only had one meal in the hotel but the lunch was very good and not overly expensive. Best of all, for us, was the location near lots of restaurants, bars and cafes, some major shopping streets, 2 Metro lines, the 715 bus to the old town and the 747 bus to the airport. Overall, exactly what one should expect from a large downtown hotel chain.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

It's always a pleasure to be of service to guests such as yourself and we appreciate your review.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back!