“Family week-end.”

Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa
Ranked #65 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
“Family week-end.”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We have stayed in Le Nouvel Hotel in September for the week-end my husband and the kids we have reserved two queen beds, although the furnitures were outdated and need to be changed,but the room is big enough for the four of us and it is very clean the bathroom is sparkling white. The location is so awesome, we didn't need to take a taxi to go around. The staffs at the reception are all helpful. We definitely stay again in this hotel and surely recommend to all my friends.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
LeNouvelHotelTeam, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Dear Guest,
on behalf of the entire staff, thank you for taking the time to share your experience
with us.
we hope to have the honor of serving you again in a very near futur
wishing you and your family the best
Le Nouvel Hotel & SPA Montreal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 October 2012

stayed in sept at le Nouvel Hotel , very nice place, service on arrival was great
and room large and confortable and must say very clean
I have no hesitation to recommend this hotel as it is located downtown montreal

Room Tip: king bed room located 8 floor
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest, My team and I would like to thank you for recommending Le Nouvel Hotel & SPa
and assuring you that we will do again better next time we are looking forward to the privilege of welcoming you again
Le Nouvel Hotel & SPA
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on 23rd September. We were given a room on the 6th floor. The room stank of cigarettes, stale carpets, dirty upholstery and the bed creaked loudly it was so old. The chair was falling apart and we didn't dare sit on it it was so old and stained. The air conditioning was very loud. It is a horrible hotel and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeanne F
LeNouvelHotelTeam, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to express your comments, and please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations.I wish to assure you that your experience was not representative of the maner in which we make efforts to accommodate our guest>Our director of Housekeeping has been advised of the situation and we are taking proper measures to better understand waht happened: we are 100% non smoking hote and we also changed all our mattresses in february 2012, This comes as suirprise to hear such comments.
It would be a great advantage for us if we can communicate and get more details and knowing
your room number: Please contact me via email at : bmagazzinich@lenouvelhotel.com
I am lookking forward to the privilege of speaking with you in a near futur
Generak Manager
Le nouvel Hotel & spa
Macungie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Le Nouvel Hotel in downtown Montreal offers an affordable stay in a nice hotel. I ate in the on-site restaurant and had a nice buffet breakfast. Parking was $15 overnight in a garage connected to the hotel. The check-in staff were very courteous and helpful. Room was very clean and had all the amenities I needed and more. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
It is always rewarding as a General Manager to be told that he has the best front desk personels: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at le Nouvel Hotel, your comments are great and I am sharing it with all my team
Looking forward to welcoming you again at le Nouvel Hotel
Le nouvel Hotel
Toronto
Reviewed 18 September 2012

It might be just me but Montreal has the best Hotel Front Desk personels. All are bilingual and very nice and courteous. The lady at this hotel was no exception. We stayed here for one night Saturday 09-15-12, and contrary to the outside building the room was exceptionally clean with updated furniture. The bed (King) has to be one of the most comfortable, and we stayed at Hilton, Sheraton and Four Seasons before. Parking is $10 accessible to the hotel underground. Do ask for late check out if you need it. We were able to stay till 2:00 PM, no charge, because of a city wide event started late. The Hotel is on Montreal main street however it is about 10 blocks from Vieux-Montréal. There is no pool as far as i know. For $100/night via groupon this deal is ---fantastique.

Room Tip: Ask for late checkout if you need it. It is free
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
LeNouvelHotelTeam, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear Guest,
On behalf of th entire team, thank you for taking the time to share you stay experience at Le Nouvel Hotel & SPa, It is always rewarding for a General Manager and its team to read
great comments ans rest assured we will be continuing working hard to maintain this kind of hight service level
wishing you the best
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I guess I should have known it would have been one of those weekends...
You can be your own judge of if I am overeacting.

1st of all I advised the person handling my reservation that it was my birthday and I wanted to make sure my stay was enjoyable.

2- The room was extemely hot and had an unpleasant odor to it when I arrived (was 28 degrees that day)
Solution = a little air freshener and adjusted the a/c only to realize it only keeps half of the room cool.

3- The room I booked looked nothing like what is on the Nouvel Hotel's website.
Solution = based on the response I received from the main desk...was that it is a mistake on their website that has not been fixed since I have not been the 1st to complain.
The condo room pictures on the website are supposed to be for the Loft!!! Very disappointing.

4- The rooms are advertised as having free wi-fi but my room did not.
Solution = Used the broken cable that was provided in the room...limiting my mobility and where I could sit, not to mention the occasional disconnections when the cable would fall out. I also had to use the data plan on my cellular phone since wifi wasn't available in my room. Wifi was available in specific areas of the hotel only.

5- I rented a condo style room but things were missing when I arrived.
Solution = The room has 2 burners & a microwave but no tray to place washed dishes, cleaning sponge or soap to wash dishes was provided.
I finally got soap and a missing extension cord for a desk lamp where I wanted to use my laptop on the 2nd and final night of my stay.

6- ICE!!!
Solution = I was staying on the 12th floor. In order to get ice I had to descend with my ice bucket from my room to the main floor...walk to the reception area...then take another elevator to the level 1 parking area to access an ice dispenser...I'm not kidding!!

7- Smelly Carpets and garbage on my floor
Solution = Hold your breath!!!

There some other things but I think you get the picture and I now realize how much I want to forget my stay at the Hotel.

I will never go to that Hotel again and obviously would only refer someone who I really don't like...lol

Thumbs down!!!! Nouvel Hotel.
Thank you for making my weekend one not to remember!!

Room Tip: Got to another Hotel...Nouvel Hotel is a 2 to 3 star hotel at best
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken D
Dear Ken
Above All may I wish you a happy birthday
and it is of course with disapointment that I reveived your review.
To redem us I would like to offert you a one night complimentary during you
next stay in Montreal , hoping that you will give us the privilege of demonstrating
you that at the Nouvel Hotel Hospitalite is at his best.
youca contact me via Email at: bmagazzinich@lenouvel hotel.com
Once again please accept our apologies
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Absolutely terrible was suppose to get a room with two queen size beds from Hotwire at this hotel and instead I got transferred to travel lodge down the street with a double and a sofa bed in a corner room . Do not use Hotwire to book a room here !!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Jds_truck
Dear Guest,
I am deaply sorry for the inconveniences that you encounter during your trip in Montreal.
Le nouvel Hotel & SPa and Hotwire have for many years maintened excellent business relations, and without giving you excuses we had to face a situation beyond our control by wich a group from europe has not left the hotel on date of check out due to a delayed flight and as a result we were slightly overbooked:
To redem us I would like offert a to contact me by email at :bmagazzinich@lenouvelhote.com
hoping that you will accept my invitation to stay with us and without say on a complimentary one night stay
I and my team are looking forward to the privilege of welcoming you soo
wishing you the best