“Very Good Hotel in a lively area”

Ranked #67 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Savannah, Georgia
“Very Good Hotel in a lively area”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We took our Grand daughter to Montreal for three days. This hotel is located in the Concordia University area two blocks from the Guy-Concordia Metro Station. The desk staff were outstanding - moving from French to English mid-sentence. Room was clean and well appointed. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
LeNouvelHotelTeam, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear Guest
It is always rewarding reading good comments , and thank you
for taking the time to shate it in our Trip Advisor page: We look
forward to the pleasure of welcoming soon again
Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. We paid 100 CAD per night, which not included breakfast, free WiFi, rooms needs to be updated. But a lot of cafe and restaurants where you can get breakfast cheaper than in hotel (6-10 CAD per person, compare 18 CAD in hotel). Location is not bad, quite, 15 min walk to downtown and Mount Royal Park, easy access to transportation. But let me tell you about staff. They are amazing, professional, very helpful. Special thanks to Barbara, Alex, Denis, Jennifer. Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
LeNouvelHotelTeam, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear Guest,
In behalf of the entire service team, thank you for taking the time to share
your experience in our trip advisor page.The Quality of our guest agents is imperative
to our success and your comment were very envouraging
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you in again in a near futur
Waterdown, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed for 1 night in a Standard King room on the 6th floor. Prepare to step back in time with this hotel, the room was in need of a good renovation. It was damp feeling and smelt musky. The air conditioner was loud and the TV was a tube. The drapes would not close, so it made for a very bright wakeup call. The bed was comfy, but the pillows were flat like pancakes. The bathroom lighting was less than flattering and there were hairs left in the tub and around the sink from previous guests. Aside from the quality of the amenities, the staff is friendly and it is a very convenient location, only a short walk to Rue St. Catherine (Shopping, Restaurants).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
LeNouvelHotelTeam, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay,
and we are sorry to hear that your stay was not to your satifaction>It is our goal to consistently exeed our guest expectations and we regret to hear that this was felt during your stay,We hope you will give us the privilege of a return among us, and if you do so, please call me as I will upgrade your room and of course offert you a welcome coupon of $ 25.00.
We hope hearing from you and look forward welcoming you again
Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa MOntreal

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2013

When I researched Le Nouvel Hotel the advertisement read "4 star hotel & spa" and the pics were very nice. When I arrived I instantly knew that the advertisement was somewhat false. My first unexpected surprise was that parking was $15 per day. The next unexpected surprise was that everything in the building and room were ancient old! The furniture & TV in the room was at least from the 1990's. I rated the hotel average because I'll admit that the room was clean & did not have any bugs. The hotel staff was polite and hotel is located a block from major shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: Request a room on the front side of the building for a good window view.
Dear Value Guest,
thank you for your positive comments, It is quite rewarding to hear the combination of amenities , services and cleanliness.Concerning the parking fee as was surprised reading
your comment as the average price downtown is around 20.00$ plus taxes
and we only charge $ 15.00.
I am looking forward welcoming you again and of course I will be glad to offert you a $ 25.00 welcome coupon( please call me or email me your futur request)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Relaxing, peaceful stay. We stayed in the Executive King which only means that the room is located on the top floor (8th) not a sky scraper. Outside is plain, square unpainted building. Inside looks more pleasing. Room is larger than other hotel rooms I have stayed but smaller than I expected comparing it to pictures in the website. Staff was very professional and nice. They have a business center. They have a pool and fitness room but did not use it. A restaurant for an extra charge. no free breakfast. No fridge or microwave in room. Ice machine is on the basement, too far if you are on the top floors. They have a disinfectant dispenser at the lobby elevator but was empty the whole time we stayed there. Lastly, they provide you a complimentary 2 bottled water which was nice in the summer but they ran out during our last night of stay. they actually ran out on our 5th night night and I have to ask the front desk for the water every night which they had to search for extras from other rooms. Very convenient to tourist areas like Rue Catherine, underground city and Old Montreal(15 blocks). You can always use STM (metro/bus). 3/ride, 9/day, 18/3 day, 12/weekend and other price rates.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sonny S
Dear Guest,
Our sincere thanks for your positive comments.They were truly a pleasure to read
please email me or call me and I will offer you a welcome back voucher for your next stay
General Manager\
Le Nouvel Hotel &Spa Montreal
Livingston, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in Montreal and I have there is no free lunch in the world. I paid about $100 a night and so I did not have my expectations too high to begin with. The location of the hotel is near Guy-Concordia and you can walk about 10 minutes to the red line or green line metro. The neighborhood is so so but safe. Parking is separate from the hotel and you pay $15 a night to the attendant, and the condition of the garage is so so. The hotel room is kind of old and the AC smells a little when you first turn it on, but water pressure is actually pretty good. The sleep quality of the hotel is so so, and at least I don't hear what is going on in the other rooms like what happened to me when I stayed at the Key Bridge Marriott in DC. Overall, this is not a bad hotel given the price I paid, but it is also not a place I would like to stay for an extended period of time.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in our Trip advisor page,
for your information we just finished renovating the top floors and we are now
updating the remaining floors : I am inviting you to call me on your next trip as I will
offer you a $ 25.00 as a welcome back coupon. We hope to have the privilege of welcoming
you again
Le Nouvel Hotel & SPA
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Located along the main street with metro stations / bus stations within five to ten minutes walk, this Hotel would be so good for those travelling around the city by public transport ! The room we had for a group of four was neat and spacious. Though dining facilities would be considered a cons, the overall pros took dominant side and won our recommendation for others. Besides, there were a great variety of choices for food within fifteen minutes walk in the area !

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,
I am passing on your comments knowing that I will serve as ans inspiration to our staff to
continue their efforts.
thank you for taking the time to write your good feedback
We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you soon
General manager