“nouvel... no way”

Ranked #68 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 26 October 2013

room need fresh paint in bathroom walls peeling the best part they charge 1 dollar for every local call you make but do not mention it while checking in . and while walking in still wondering what that smell was still trying to figure it out. bed was very unconfertable and pillow flat .

Room Tip: no idea if i new i would of did it
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kev g
LeNouvelHotelTeam, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us, we are deeply sorry we felt below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service an quality, Your comments are very troubling and certainly be looked into. I would appreciate if you could get in contact with me to discuss it at bmagazzinich@lenouvelhotel.com.\i am look forward hearing from you
Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa MOntreal

There are newer reviews for Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Nouvel Hotel and Spa for a conference I was attending. The check in was very smooth, the staff very nice. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable but there was really no WOW factor with this hotel. Probably likely because it's not as modern as most places I have stayed. I wasn't happy with the shower, it didn't drain properly and I had the hot water to the max and it didn't get hot. I mean it wasn't cold, but it certainly wasn't hot. I did not alert the staff to this as I was only staying the one night.

Room Tip: I had 807, it faces the street and is just high enough not to hear the street noise. The bed was co...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to share your comments , we are glad we met your expectations
and we are looking forward to the privilege of welcoming you again
Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa Montreal

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The hotel and rooms were very clean. This is no 5 star hotel in terms of amenities and furiture, but for the price, it is phenomenal. The front desk staff were very friendly and accomodating, though I do think they should have more fridges available since I requested one ahead of time, and asked for it when I arrived and was told that there were none left.
It is also in a good location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
LeNouvelHotelTeam, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Guest
Always nice to read good comment, I have shared them with all my guest service team
and we thank you for sharing it in our trip advisor page
We wish you well and hope to see you again

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel is walking distance to St. Catherines street, near but not right in the tourist area. Old Montreal is a 20-30 minute walk away. The room was very dated with a small old style tv, and terrible pillows. Only 2 pillows on a queen sized bed and they were completely flat, with no extra pillows or blankets in the room. The bed was not very comfortable and the bathroom was really small, you have to move around the door to close it. The room was a decent size, with room for our luggage.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kerry0987

Dear Guest,
thank you for sharing your experience, our Hotel is very proud of his level of service , cleanliness and quality of is products, and for this reasons your comments are very important to us
and will immediately take any action necessaries.
Hoping to have the privilege of welcoming you again soon

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel just for an overnight. The first counter staff was friendly and even allowed us to check in early. That was the positive. When we entered the room it had an overwhelming chemical smell that made me sick to my stomach. While I appreciate a clean room I felt that was completely unnecessary. Couldn't open the windows to air it out.

We specifically chose this hotel for wifi access which went out when we got back to our hotel that night and wasn't even working in the morning. When I notified the front desk they're response was come to the lobby. That was at 11pm. As travelers we didn't have phone access so wifi was crucial.

To top it off the next morning while showering the power went off in the bathroom and hall. At 6 am.

The decor was old and outdated definitely not of four star quality. The bed was comfortable.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kboone04

Dear Guest,
We thank you for taking the time to share your comments in our \Trip advisor page, The quality of our guest agent is a top priority for our success as such your comments concerning their helpfulness was very encouraging: Regarding the Wi-Fi I am very sorry about the inconveniences but there was a major power failure and the all city of Montreal was blackout in respect to the Internet access \Wi-Fi this was an absolute act of god and again please accept our apologize . I have also shared your comment concerning the smell in the room with our executive House keeper and we are taking immediate action:\we certainly look forward to the privilege of welcoming you again at the Nouvel Hotel & Spa
general Manager

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Hubby and I had three nights at Le Nouvel. We were very comfortable. It was clean, great shower, big bed, big room and friendly staff. We also took advantage of the hotel's restaurant for breakfast and dinner - and we were content. Location - a little distance out of the main CBD (20-30minute walk to Old Montreal - main tourist attraction area) and a block or two from the main shopping area. We did get a taxi to the railway station, it was a bit far to walk with suitcases.
Depending on what you value, I thought Nouvel was very comfortable but perhaps could have looked at a hotel a little more central....but then the price of cleanliness and comfort balances that out....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
LeNouvelHotelTeam, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our trip advisor page
I have shared your comments with all my service team and your comment will serve as a motivation to always do better
Wishing you well
general Manager

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My Wife and I Both Enjoyed Our Over Sized Room, The Bed Was Wonderful, We Had a Full Couch and Kitchen as Well, Made a Great Romantic Evening, Even Had a Balcony Over Looking The City. Very Short Walk To Shopping and Bell Center , Staff was Very Helpful and Parking Was $15 For The Night , Would Stay Again Longer

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
It was great reading your comments concerning your stay at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa
we were thrilled knowing we met your expectation. You Know were we are now so we are
already looking forward to the privilege of welcoming you again
General Managers