“All but hotel staff sucked”

Ranked #66 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I went down a New Years celebration, great adventure, but hotel sucked. The hot water was scheduled to be off for 3 hours 10am to 1pm on December 31st my first shower of the trip was at 2:30 and the water as cold as outside. Thinking this was a freak problem I enjoyed the rest of my day. The next day New Year's Day after getting crazy you hop in the shower looking to regain your bodily functions and sanity again and the water is colder than the previous day. You have to pay for the advertised in the name hottub, pool is outdoor, staff is good, gym is pathetic, Internet only worked first day and slow, typical "house keeping" from the maids while you are mid way through a deuce, which had me in tears laughing. Lastly bed sheets are disappointing. 20 year old male there to party review. Redeeming feature is the place is clean and staff are good. Don't go here for the experience of hotels

• Stayed: January 2014
LeNouvelHotelTeam, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guests,
thank you for taking the time to comment your recent stay, and we are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Yes indeed we had a shortage of hot water due to a main busted pipe
AS you know we had minus 39 degree for few days , we certainly did the best we could by restoring the hot water within reasonable time > if you could please contact me to discuss it at 1-800-363-6063 as I am hoping you will give us the privilege of demonstrate that our hospitality
is at his best .And once again please accept our apologies for the inconveniences

There are newer reviews for Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife and I spent the recent Christmas Holiday at Le Nouvel Hotel and it was terrific. The accommodations were excellent and extremely clean and comfortable. The front office staff was particularly helpful and knowledgeable. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the Metro and close to good dining choices. The restaurant/bar was not open because of the holidays but this was known beforehand, understandable and did not detract from our positive experience at the hotel. We would recommend this for business and pleasure and would certainly go again if our travel plans take us to Montreal.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
LeNouvelHotelTeam, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Guest
Always a pleasure reading great comments such as yours and I take this
opportunity to wish you and yours all the best for 2014
L:e Nouvel Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 15 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here last week for 6 days.The room was very comfortable-beds and pillows and very clean.Everyone very nice and helpful-also hotel close to everything in downtown Montreal-Bell Centre 3 blocks or so from hotel St.Catherine st. 2 blocks or so-easy access to subway system from St. Catherine st.-for the price you can't beat this hotel-we were very pleased and would definitely stay again.The tv was older-but who cares-we did'nt come to Montreal tk watch tv!-also did not try the spa services-so cannot comment.Maybe next time!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor-Executive Floor-very quiet and comfortable-we were near the elevator-but...

Dear Guest
thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience at le Nouvel Hotel & Spa
we take this fine opportunity to wish you and yours a happy new year
Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa |Montreal

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My girlfriend and I were booked for multiple nights last week. Our stay began with a noisy toilet and a bed that had a little too much mileage and needed to be replaced. The following morning, I spoke with Stephanie about our concerns. She acted professionally and promptly, as we were upgraded to a suite on the 8th floor. The upgraded room was modern, very clean and exceeded our expectations. Stephanie is a true asset to their team, as she takes pride in her customer service and professionalism. During our stay, she also assisted us with sight-seeing selections and maps to make sure we wouldn't get lost. Thank you again for everything!

1  Thank TM8888
LeNouvelHotelTeam, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you for your great comments concerning your stay at The Nouvel Hotel,
and again thank you for taking the time to do so> I have Spoken with Stephanie and
I have also posted your comment in our Service team bill board
wish you well and happy holidays
General manager

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I don't even know if I have enough place here to describe how terrible it was. I went alone, and as solo guy, I really didn't expect much from the place.
But it just was way below expectations still.
-The heat was not working and the covers/blankets were old and with holes and there wasn't even a decent one that was kinda warm.
-People were partying beside at 1am, like all out partying and shouting and running in the hallways. I waited to see if there would be someone from the hotel that would tell them to calm down, but it never happened and I fell asleep at 2am, with the noise.
-There was this HUGE big black and yellow spider in the room that left spiderwebs on the ceiling...I know the place is kinda old so some utility stuffs like the light switch were kinda yellow, but that's okay, but I mean...at least keep it clean. After the spider, it was kinda uncomfortable and I was a bit paranoid and checking all the corners and all, and the carpet is dark blue so you don't really know what's going on in there.
-Also I only wanted to inform them of an early-arrival, but they have no e-mail address you can reach them at for this purpose, and I called and the lady put me on hold forever (I hung up after 10 minutes).
-The staff was pretty friendly at the desk when I got there though. Pretty much only thing I have to say...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Michael295

Dear Guest
\I was saddened by your comments posted in our trip advisor page , and this is definitely not the kind of comment I wish to read and I would like to apologise for not meeting your expectations Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of product and for this reasons your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. As far as the noise is concerned we do have security during all nights shift and I will definitely discuss with them your issue >
I would like to invite to contact me and discuss further your stay ,so in the same time identify your room number and be able to have the privilege of demonstrate that our Hospitality is at its best
\Benjamin Magazzinich
Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa Montreal

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

The service was hit or miss. I think the staff at the front desk wasn't very friendly but everyone else working there was kind. There was an issue with the heater in our room and since it couldn't be fixed immediately, we were upgraded to a suite which was really nice. Room service menu was limited and not all that great. Breakfast spread was nothing special either. I wish I had gone when it was warmer because this hotel is walking distance from the rest of the city. We drove to the mall, the movies, and Chinatown without realizing we were close enough to walk! Great place to stay if you plan on being out all day.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
we are glad we met your expectation, but I would like to apologise for the heater
in your room, but I can see through your comments that you were upgrade to a nice room
I have posted your concerns in our bill board and we do always take immediate action
in order to be proactive and do better next time
Wishing you well and happy holidays
general manager
Montreal

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Wonderful hotel Stephanie exceeds expectations and makes you feel welcome and welcome. Wonderful to see such warm hospitality at this great hotel,as a business traveler greatly appreciated .will recommend to all my friends

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Guest ,
this is the type of comment a general manager Love receiving, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience a the Nouvel Hotel & Spa Montreal in our Trip advisor page
we wish you well and happy holidays to you and your love one