“Nice hotel and location .. but ..”

Ranked #64 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Cairo, Egypt
“Nice hotel and location .. but ..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I had a 2 nights stay in this hotel while visiting montreal .. the location is awesome near to the nightlife and the main attractions as the old port .. the hotel looks nice but I felt its not that staff not that professional as comfort inn and these kind of hotels .. the all you can eat breakfast was nice (cost 16$ with coupons from reception) .. you have to pay 15$ for parking per day .. checkin time was long because of the reception staff talking so much with the guest before me .. the internet service is not that good and unreliable .. in summary its not that bad but I wasnt impressed with the stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MahmoudSalem
LeNouvelHotelTeam, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest
first of all thank you for sharing your comments in our trip advisor page, We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and I am sorry for the slow check inn , I have discussed this issue with our Front desk Manager and immediate action was taken.
hoping to see you again with us we wish you a great summer
Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great location, 5 to 10 minutes walking distance to subway station. Room was large and clean. Bed was also very comfortable. The only problem was the bathtub plug was not working very well, but not a big problem.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest
a short note to thank you for your great comments, we wish you and yours a great summer
hoping to have the privilege of welcoming you again
Montreal
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

My first night was a bit disappointing as I always book a king size bed and walk in the room and found queen. That was quickly rectify the next day as Barbara and Nohora help turn this trip to a positive experience at the Hotel. I can assure you that the customer service was at 150% and made sure to ask me the next time they saw me if I was happy. Very clean and the ladies in the breakfast room was excellent as well during my meetings. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my first business trip in Montreal Un success!!!

I highly recommend you stay in this hotel as there is nothing better than feeling at home away from home.

Nancy Alcindor
Owner of Kaltural LLC

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest
thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience a le Nouvel Hotel & Spa in our Trip advisor page, we are thrilled to learn that we met your expectations, I have shared your great comments with my service team and we sincerely hope to see you again soon in Montreal
wishing you the best
Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa Montreal
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Decent price, good clean hotel with courteous and fast front desk service. Great location just down the street from St Catherine St Shopping district and close to Hwy 720.
Breakfast buffet at restaurant left quite a bit to be desired. Most of the stuff that was supposed to be hot was warmish or cold, but we did get there rather late in the morning. Good free wi-fi service. Parking was $15 per night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
LeNouvelHotelTeam, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest,
It always great to read great comments, and thank you for sharing your stay experience in our
Trip advisor page, I have shared it with all my service team, We are all happy to see that we met your expectations and we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon
Los Angeles, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

For the price, the amount of space you get can't be beat, but the carpeting and the decor is in need of some updating. Even though the room seems to be clean, I still felt that there's a slight grimy-ness to the carpet due to its age. The TV is the room is the old CRT, which I didn't even think any modern hotel still had. The Internet is either slow, or not working in certain cases. I was there for business and had to have Skype calls every night, and most of the time I kept having to repeat myself just because the Internet speed is so unreliable.

I liked the kitchenette and the mini fridge, and the service personnel is always courteous, but ownership needs to reinvest and update this property. I'd be willing to pay 15-20% premium if they updated.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
LeNouvelHotelTeam, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Guest
thank you for sharing your experience in our trip advisor page , your comments are important to us. For your information all TV are being replaced by a 42'' and concerning internet immediate
action has been taken: We are also in process of completing renovation. It was also great hearing that you have enjoyed our services and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again

Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Sad to say that this hotel has lost its appeal! For many years I enjoyed going there, the location, the rooms, the restaurant, the conference rooms. Held many professional events there. Sadly now the people who attended the last few events I've held there have left comments such as: Please change hotel!

The rooms' and hallways' cleanliness in the hotel section left to be desired at times. I've seen garbage bags left in hallways for well over 2 days! In the conference rooms section, the ladies washroom's cleanliness was bad (at best). Quite a few times folks attending events had to ask to change rooms because of smell in their rooms. Some even changed hotels!

The food at the restaurant now is ordinary at best. The waitress during lunch hours makes you feel unwelcomed, she's always crossed, makes you feel like she'd prefer she had no customers. And God forbids you want to order "À la Carte" you'll be told!!! She leaves (not to say drop) a pile of checks on the table leaving guests to figure out which bill is theirs. Participants at the professional events I held there have opted to have lunch elsewhere and the hotel made us feel like this was our fault.

Whereas before the personnel at front desk made you feel welcomed, during my last visit the people at the front desk seemed more bothered about having clients then anything else.

I will be looking for another venue for my professional events and trips to Montreal...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank philippeg761
Dear Doctor Philippe,
reading your comment was nothing for a General Manger do be proud of, but first of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience and rest assured we value your loyalty . As an Hotelier all comments are important and positive as they contribute to the success of your future visit and help us rectify unpleasant situations. It is unfortunate some issues during your meeting prevented you from fully enjoying your meeting session .
I must confess the all team discontent having not be able to meet your expectations:
Vincent our Sales manager , Donna our Banquet Manager, and myself have met urgently
concerning your comments and we do have a wish today to be able to speak with you and revise the all situation and as you can appreciate during the past years , Vincent and Donna went our of their way each time you were having a reunion at Le Nouvel Hotel in order to serve you better
We left you a message and we very sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to discuss with you and demonstrate that our hospitality is always at his best .
Doctor Philippe I wish you well and look forward to the privilege of welcoming you again

Vincent Baillie
Sales Manager
Donna Graziano
Banquet Manager
LW Nouvel Hotel & Spa

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We had booked a suite on Groupon, but they gave us a king room instead because they only give suites to Groupon customers if they are available. However, it was still a very nice room! The hotel is very close to a lot of restaurants (many are ethnic foods) and cafes, and also a metro station. A 24-hour metro pass is very much worthwhile because you will then be able to see the entire city very easily. The hotel staff are nice enough and do speak English. Parking on-site is your best bet, fyi.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dan S
LeNouvelHotelTeam, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest,
we are thrilled to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for taking the
time to share your experience with us ;
we wish you well and hope to see you soon
Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa Montreal