“Perfect Location for Shopping”
Review of Loews Hotel Vogue

Loews Hotel Vogue
Ranked #7 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Ontario
“Perfect Location for Shopping”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Rooms are updated while bathrooms are dated (with a minor facelift). The location could not be better, as the hotel is in the heart of downtown Montreal with great shopping, restaurants and sights literally footsteps away.

I usually stay in old Montreal, so this was a nice change of pace.

Stayed March 2014
Mathieu L, General Manager at Loews Hotel Vogue, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear AJCM,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we really appreciate your feedback! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards

Mathieu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Beginning with Louis, their outstanding Doorman this hotel exudes quality service. We dealt with Francis at the front desk upon check-in and received the keys to a quiet room on the 7th floor. Our room was a good distance from the elevators where it could be a tad noisy.

The thermostat did not seem to work. The room was perpetually at 71 F.; warmer than we like for sleeping. We tried several times over our 3 night stay to bring it to 66 without success. That's why we didn't give top marks for sleep quality.

The Fitness Centre is excellent, except it's a bit small. The cardio equipment is well maintained and the room boasts free weights and exercise balls.

The rooms have all the usual amenities of a luxury hotel with the added bonus of complimentary wi-fi.

The location is excellent for the likes of hockey at the Bell Centre or a visit to McGill University. Great shopping begins right across the street and there are plenty of excellent restaurants and bars nearby.

Upon check-out we learned a bar tab had been applied to our room though we had nothing from their bars, either on the main floor bar or the room’s mini-bar. We trust this amount will be credited.

We will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator doors.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maestro
Mathieu L, General Manager at Loews Hotel Vogue, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Maestro,

Thank you for such a great review!

We are so glad to hear that Louis and Francis have exceeded your expectations. Your compliments will be passed along to our team.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Loews Hotel Vogue.

Regards,

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2014

A great central location with most amenities available in the hotel. Central to many shopping streets, museums, and other places of interest. While I first thought the hotel a bit pricey, I found the level of service and overall accommodation to be a great deal. From the moment you arrive all staff are very friendly and go out of their way to ensure you are well served. All staff seem to be fluently bilingual (english and french), so there is no need for concern while staying in Montreal. Upon departure, front desk staff and the doorman ensured I had travel directions and would have an easy trip home. Valet parking was very efficient and, if seemingly expensive, was a bargain to have the car indoors on a night where temperatures dropped to minus 30 celcius just after a snow storm.

Room Tip: My only distraction was early morning street noise related to nearby construction. A room on the ba...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Barry_Ottawa-Montrea
Dear Barry,

Dear Barry

This is exactly the way we want all our guest to feel at the Loews Hotel Vogue “Pampered”. I will not hesitate to share your comments with all of our team members.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review

Best regards,

sudbury
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed 3 nites for a work conference and loved this hotel. Location is great, walk right across the street for world class shopping and great eateries as well. Food and service surpassed my expectations, Everyone who works at this hotel loves their job and approaches you in the most respectful way. Food was Fantastic here. Rooms are large and beds are extremely comfortable. So pleased with my stay and will make this my first hotel choice in Montreal. Thanks so Much for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing construction...I heard no noise
Dear Happysanman,

Thank you for such an amazing review!

We are glad to have exceeded your expectations during your stay with us and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed a few years ago. We went to a Canadiens game and arrived with minutes to spare. It has been a long time coming but I have been meaning to write this review for some time. From the moment we pulled up and were running late for the game my mind was put at ease. The valet the bellman everyone was fantastic!!! We were told to go to our room get ready and they would handle everything. And they delivered. A car was waiting for us to take us to the game. We had in room massages that were booked and showed up promptly. The 3 am room service poutine is still by far the best I ever had. The receipt for our massages was mailed out promptly to our home. There isn't a whim they would not accomodate. By far the Montreal hotel of choice. Bravo!

• Stayed January 2014
Duns, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Firstly, I have to say, what a great base for the city. And what a lovely hotel.
Great big rooms - the bathroom was big and the bath was lovely.
All that said, there was building work at the back of the hotel - not the hotel's fault, I was upgraded to that room too!
Anyway, they put up with me traipsing in with the salty, grey slush on my shoes and messing up the white floor mats in the bathroom!
However, there was no renewal of the free water - this ended up costing me a lot, in fact, I didn't dare open the mini-bar. Thankfully a key for it is provided (which I promptly lost), so I couldn't go and drink the $100 bottle of Absolut!
The room service is from the attached restaurant, and looked good. I ate out, round the corner there are excellent little places, and some fantastic Middle Eastern hole in the wall places.
I would stay here again, hoping that the rooms were properly restocked and the building work has finished.
Also, even though I flew in and stayed for 5 nights...3 days parking appeared on my bill. But, with no fuss, it was instantly removed with a gallic shrug.

Room Tip: Check that the work at the back of the hotel has finished...
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was only here for a night for a meeting and I didn't even leave the hotel once I arrived. Check in was fast and friendly, and my corner room was HUGE! It was quiet, the king size bed was heavenly, the coffee and tea in the room were great, the bathroom was like its own suite and even had a tv. Service at the hotel was great, the meeting room facilities were good, catering on site was delicious and the 24 hour gym was well equipped (but not huge - I can imagine when a few people are in there it's pretty cramped). Nice central location and close to lots of shopping. I hope I get to come back soon!

Room Tip: I had a nice corner room at the end of the hall - very large.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jean-Francois D, Director - Room Division at Loews Hotel Vogue, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to post a review.
It was a pleasure reading your comments.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another great stay!