“Noisy near highway”

Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc
Ranked #121 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
“Noisy near highway”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

There are not many hotels in the area, not much choice. I stayed there because it close to the place that I have to visit. The hotel slightly with 90 degree to the highway, so nearly all rooms facing the highway. Starts at 5 am, the noise of the trucks riding wake me up.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing highway 40 may quieter, but I lived in 2 rooms, still feel the noise start at aroun...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Swing1068
GM326, Manager at Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Swing1068,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with us. We truly apologize about the situation that you mentioned.

We understand that some people are more sensitive to noise than others. I would suggest that you request a room away from the highway during your next stay, we have a section that minimizes the noise to a bare minimum and i am sure that it would suit you just fine.

We hope to see you again!

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I am a choice member and I always stay at Choice properties (Quality) or Wyndam properties (Days Inn). But I am more familiar with the operations of the Quality hotel chain.

I dunno why but the General Manager wouldn't let me pay cash upfront. I have never been denied paying cash upfront and was pretty ticked off because I had to walk around 4 days with an extra $700 on me for Grand Prix Weekend. They didn't understand that I needed two room keys and gave me one even after repeatedly asking for two. So first impressions weren't great.

The most important part of a guests stay is the cleanliness of the room. Quite frankly the house keeper deserves a raise. This is the cleanest Quality Hotel I've ever been to. The towels were even folded in a decorative fashion. However on the morning I was leaving the housekeeper was rudely banging on my door before 9 a.m. to ask when I was checking out. The check time isn't until noon, didn't appreciate being woken up and a bill being shoved under my door. I found this odd as you get the bill at the time of check out at the front desk.

There are numerous reviews for this hotel, complaining about noise from the highway. This wasn't a problem and I had a room facing the highway. So I would like to debunk that. However slamming doors from people going down the stairs and into their rooms will wake you up. You will also hear everyone's conversation when there in the hallway.

As for sleep quality it wasn't great. I can't place my finger on if it was the bed or the pillows but I'm usually lights out.

Advice: Double check to make sure your room has a fridge. This is the first property I have been to where there wasn't a mini fridge in the room.

There area is great it's full of shopping and Italian restaurants and deli's.

Most likely will not be returning here for my annual Grand Prix stay. I'm willing to pay extra for a fridge in my room and to pay cash upfront.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 101amt
GM326, General Manager at Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hi amt07,
Thank you for all the positive comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I just want to inform you that the person you met was not the General Manager. Myself, the General Manager would be delighted to meet you the next time around you are in Montreal for the Grand Prix or otherwise.
I would like to offer you a complimentary mini fridge and breakfast at our new Graffiti’s restaurant.
Best regards,

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Reviewed 28 May 2014

While this hotel is located where we need to be, it does not have any fringe benefits. The rooms have always been clean and the bed this time was huge! We appreciate this hotel and staff because they are accommodating when we travel in Montreal.

Room Tip: This hotel has a gated parking area but there is a lot of highway noise
1 Thank Moni S
GM326, General Manager at Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hi Moni S ,
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am glad that you enjoyed our new king size bed. Hopefully next time, we will try our renovated Graffiti’s restaurant.
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I spend a very nice comfortable long weekend with the help of staying at Quality Hotel Anjou. Hotel is Clean & has great friendly staff.

My experience with food (breakfast & Dinner) was also excellent and friendly

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quieter and larger
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nahed K
GM326, General Manager at Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Nahed K,

On behalf of the entire team, our sincere thanks for choosing the Quality Hotel Montreal East & our New Graffiti’s Restaurant. Your preferred cook Jason would like to send you his warm greetings.

Toronto, Ontario Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed here a couple weeks ago for the second time for business. The room was very clean and comfortable and the service is good. There were a few mix-ups at breakfast but nothing to make a big deal of. Overall a very good stay

2 Thank TLG444
Dear TLG444

We thank you for taking the time to write your review on our property. We sincerely appreciate reading that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our hotel met your criteria. We have taken note of your comments in regards of the breakfast.

We greatly appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to the Quality Hotel Montreal East.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here for business recently and it's not overly fancy but it's very clean and comfortable, and conveniently located next to HWY 40. I also had breakfast in the restaurant both days and the food was good and the service was friendly and attentive. The only drawback of this hotel is the remote location which really limits your food/entertainment options, unless you have access to a car. Bottom line, I will definitely stay here again during my next trip to this area of town.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms overlooking the highway as they can be noisy.
1 Thank Haidasun
Dear Haidasun,

Thank you very much for your comments. Unfortunately, we can not move our hotel close to downtown entertainment area. However, we can improve on your restaurant as we already started and we will continue to do. So that, we might not need to leave our new Graffiti’s restaurant in order to get a great experience.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Recently stayed here for 3 days as I was being treated at Montreal's Heart Institute. My girlfriend and I are QUITE particular about hotels and this and this one was clean, had very comfortable beds, and the staff were GREAT and very helpful towards out of towners.
Stay with confidence at this location. We'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Noel F
Dear Noel F.

First of all, we wish you a full and quick recovery. I thank you for taking the time to write your review on our property. We sincerely appreciate reading that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We greatly appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to the Quality Hotel Montreal East soon.