“The name says it all: Econo for cheap”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #137 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Laval, Canada
“The name says it all: Econo for cheap”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Hubby and I were supposed to go away to a spa. The plans got a little set back. Since it was last minute and we still wanted to get away for the night; this was April 2014. I found a that hotel for a decent price. When we got there, all I wanted to do is turn around to the detriment of loosing our money.

The room was on the second floor. The window was facing the hallway and was the only good source of light in the room. The carpet had been vacuumed, but you can see the corners hadn't been done.

When we took a shower, the water pressure in the shower was minimal.

The next morning I went down to the reception desk and asked if we were entitled to the "breakfast". The desk clerk stated yes and that it was a continental breakfast. Yeah right. All they were serving were dried up muffins and store bought croissants. No fruits, danishes, juices or teas. There were 3 choices of cereals in those old dingy containers. When I asked the clerk if I could bring it back to my room, she said you're not supposed to, but go ahead.

This is the first and last time we go to that place. I couldn't wait to get back home to take a proper shower,. That place should be closed down.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Nathalie C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We spent one night at the Econolodge in January 2014 with a Stay, Park & Fly package. We arrived late evening and found the parking lot full. The desk clerk told us to park right outside the hotel on the street. We were nervous about doing this... what if there is a snow storm, will the car be towed? No problem, we were assured. We were not convinced but had prepaid and did not want to start running around making other arrangements at 10:00 Pm on a VERY cold night so we decided to risk.

When we returned from our 1 week vacation we were relieved to find our car was still parked outside the hotel but we were told by the shuttle driver that we were lucky that it had not snowed much while we were away. Otherwise it would most likely have been towed when the snow clearing crews came around. So much for the park & fly situation.

As for the hotel itself... I used this hotel back in the late 70's/early 80's when it was new. I don't think the rooms have been refurnished or decorated since then. Grotty & very cold. We will never consider staying here again and recommend others to avoid it unless they are absolutely desperate.

Room Tip: There are plenty of other hotels on Cote de Liesse, use one of them.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank leodensian
Pembroke, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2014

First off , this hotel is beyond dirty! the door to our room didn't shut, not that it just didn't lock, it actually didn't shut people in the hall could just push it open. Second I couldn't take a shower because the drain was completely blocked with nasty hair from the people before, but most of all when we came back from a week of holidays we walked the freezing cold parking lot for an hour only to find our car was not there. It was STOLEN! the lady at the desk was extremely rude and could not care less and told me its not her problem and we signed a waver. We had to call police, insurance company, rent a car and drive for hours to get home. DO NOT stay here whatever you do! spend the extra money and be safe!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Booked for a sleep park and fly. The always were filthy, and we froze in the room. Asked for a wake up call but found out there was no phone in the room. Next day shuttle, we and to wait for a while, first round was full. But the worst was wen we got back, my car at vanished. Called the cops made a report, had to rent a car to get home only to find out the car and been towed. So if you plan to use that kind of service, pay a little more and get a secured parking.

Room Tip: Use an other hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed at this motel on 5th and 20th Jan.,2014. 79 $ in the heart Of Montreal; free 24-hr shuttle to Trudeau Airport. I give it a hearty recommendation. Very clean beds, bathroom. Gracious,helpful and very friendly , bilingual receptionists. Book shuttle to arrive at airport at least 2 hrs ahead. This motel is used by tour groups heading for the sun. Quiet, peaceful and warm. Breakfast included. Now who could complain about that.

Room Tip: The 100's have king-size beds.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank William T
bridgeport Pa
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were worried about staying at this hotel after reading the reviews. We had no choice because there was a conference in town that filled all the hotels for miles around. We arrived after 7 pm. It was true that the hotel was hard to find. Took us many many tries to find this hotel. When we finely checked in the young lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful. I have a hard time walking and she was able to give us a room on the first floor right by the door. The room was old but clean. The breakfast consisted of juice, cereal , toast a croissant and a muffin, not the best but it was something. one nice thing was there is a great restaurant in the back parking lot from this hotel. see my review for that in another listening. For what we paid it was ok.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank pat L
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We needed to stay a night in Montreal before taking an early flight following morning. So we booked the Econo Lodge Montreal Airport through ParkSleepFly.
That was the cheapest deal, including one night stay for two, two week parking and free shuttle to the airport both ways. Really really cheap.
The hotel is very unassuming, but overall clean and taken care of. I would disagree with those complaining about it being filthy and run down. I would agree though that the Fairmont Hotels are much nice, but you get what you pay for.
The air conditioner was working, the shower was working, the toilet flashed. There was no coffee maker or mini bar in the room, but I did not expect any considering the price.
The shuttle service to the airport was prompt at 5AM as requested.
The only thing was a shuttle back to our car after return flight. I was supposed to make a phone call after clearing customs, so I did. I've got a question in respose: "How many people are with you?" I said "Two in total". That was a mistake.
Next time my answer will be "Eight" assuming this may speed up the process.
We in fact had to stay on the sidewalk for 50 minutes. The shuttle arrived after we had four more people waiting along with us.
The driver though looked like a hotel manager himself, so it was all worth waiting for.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrei F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Days Inn & Conference Centre -  Montreal Airport
Comfort Inn Aeroport
#5 of 7 in Dorval
Quality Inn & Suites P.E. Trudeau Airport-Montreal
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montreal Airport

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!