“"No box spring?"...sorry but a good night sleep is a priority!”

Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport
Ranked #128 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa, Canada
“"No box spring?"...sorry but a good night sleep is a priority!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Arrived at PET Montreal 1:am Mar. 5, waited 25 min. for shuttle? Van came, jammed 9 people in, we unable to use seatbelts? We were too tired & cold to argue, stupid I know. Bed was the most uncomfortable, just a mattress on a wooden frame, very 3rd world if you ask me. Arrived tired and hungry, alas nothing open...but hotel offered in a side room off the lobby self serve bottled beer for $5.00 or $7.00 for glass of wine...
WHAT A RIP-OFF. We were stuck so we had 2 bottles of beer and 2 tiny bags of chips...paid $20.00. Now at the end of any trip your exhausted, and we had been traveling since 9:am mar. 4, that is 17 hrs. people...SO NOT FAIR TO TREAT CUSTOMERS THIS WAY. Needless to say we left very early the next day...NEVER to use this hotel again!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
NaderAbdelnour, Manager at Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
The Hotel management wishes to apologize to the guest about his bad experience, though all our rooms do have very comfortable beds and box springs we would have liked to know the room number, I have sent a request to the guest via Trip Advisor but did not yet get the response

We have 2 (21 seats Vans & 2 more 9 passengers vans) and usually based on the number of guests that are awaiting the shuttle the dispatcher will send the appropriate shuttle, however occasionally if more guests arrive after the shuttle was dispatched it is preferably to wait for the second shuttle that is following

A 5.00$ Beer in a Hotel is a within norm prices

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
Sherbrooke, Canada
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We have stayed at the Quality Hotel many times, either the night before flying from Montreal or the night after arriving. We always park our car while away - sometimes inside and sometimes outside. This review pertains to our most recent return to the hotel (March 6, 2014).

When arriving in Montreal, the system works as follows. You go to Gate A7 and meet the van or bus from the hotel. Yesterday, the van was actually there. I think the driver was ready to pull out but he saw us (two people) coming and waited. In fact we were the only passengers on this trip, so we had a pleasant conversation on the way to the hotel to pick up our car, which had been parked while we were away.

The gentleman who drove us was Roberto. We have travelled with him before and he has always been helpful and efficient. This time it was just us and him and he was happy and pleasant - everything you would want and more. When we reached the hotel, he checked in our parking ticket for us, then drive us right to our car. In addition, with snow on the ground and the possibility of wet suitcases, he personally took our cases out of the van, carried them and held on to them while I opened my trunk. He then proceeded to pack them for us. In addition, he gave us clear instructions about the leaving the parking lot and then where to go on the next stage of our journey home.

I think that Roberto not only went beyond what might be expected, he did this in a friendly helpful manner. It made our transition from airport to car a truly relaxing and pleasurable experience.

I wish to offer our personal thanks to Roberto - it is that kind of service that will make us return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Quebec
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stay there for a night before taking the plane. The room iwas in good condition, altought the bathroom would need an upgrade. Bed were comfy and everything was clean. Free shuttle is nice. The only problem was that with booked a 2 double bed room but they gave us a double and no more double bed were available. They bring us a signle bed that was no comfy at all. No compensation whatsoever.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Overall I am very satisfied with this hotel. I regularly stay there and find the staff to be friendly. The rooms are clean even though they could use some upgrading but then again that would probably drive the price up as well. Conveniently located close to the airport.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2014

After being constipated for a week before my trip to Cuba, finally after having their breakfast buffet, consisting of watery powdered eggs, cold undercooked sausage and greasy bacon- all at a reasonably priced 17$, my bowels had a movement. Thank you quality hotel for making this happen, I couldn't have done it without you

The previous night we chose to eat at Zmaya, the restaurant inside the hotel. The website said they had a pool table which they did not. My fiancé is a graphic designer- she can fix that on your website if you want :) we arrived there, nice looking restaurant and staff, started off with complimentary bread... It was out of a bag and frozen in the middle, brought us another one- still frozen, finally the 3rd time after reheating our 2nd piece of bread, it was warm - and actually pretty good. I ordered the 35$ 12 oz ribeye steak.... It was cold and over cooked, as well as the vegetables being cold and at least properly cooked, the baked potato however was hot.
I ate it all as I'm not fussy, but let the waitress know, at which point we got a free beer.
My finances first poutin was cold, returned, them 2nd one was delicious, although they didn't use cheese curds, which even the waitress said they should, as it was a 4 star restraunt in Quebec!

The actually look of the hotel is pleasant and the ambiance is nice.
The hotel rooms bed is a fold out from the wall, which me and my fit fiancé are currently experiencing back pain.

All and all, I would probably stay here again, for 140 were getting a week of free parking when were on our trip and a place to stay

The person working at the underground parking is awesome and deserves a raise

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Josh L
Pembroke
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The hotel is in bad need of upgrading, but that can be overlooked - but the lack of cleanliness cannot be. This was extremely disappointing, it is dirty, and needs some attention in the housekeeping department. Breakfast attentant was great, but we were unaware the buffet was not included as in other Quality hotels. Dinner in the lounge was good, but the service was lacking and very slow.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
NaderAbdelnour, Manager at Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
The hotel management wishes to apologize for the guest for the bad experience…It would greatly help us if we know which room and date the guest stayed to investigate the matter with the Housekeeping department
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This hotel is not worth the money the double there price for a room and the indoor parking, And there rooms need to be upgraded . And when you write to them regarding this on there web site the don t even answer you. This is the way they treat there customers. We have been going to this hotel since 2009 and always rented 3 rooms with our friends and had dinner and drinks there before leaving the next morning and this is the way they treat us by not even returning e-mails or call. Even last year after this hotel screwed up every body bill and we all gave our visa to cover our cost at the hotel before we left this hotel to my surprise when I got my visa bill I had 3 rooms charged to my visa phoned the hotel to be told it is my problem. So I told the accounting office that I will call visa and did so, and visa froze the payment. Then the hotel called me back to ask me to help them to get visa to pay. This is the way they treat there loyal customers that have benn going there for may years Think twice before staying here now.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JeanV261156
NaderAbdelnour, Manager at Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
The hotel Management wish to apologize for the guest for the inconvenience, The issue of the Credit cards has been resolved over a year ago, as for the Price of the In Doors Long term Package as the guest wanted to stay 1 Months in our High season the prices is High, we offered the guest the package outdoors with a promise to bring his car Indoors the day before he return (An Exception that we will do for him) so that the price is convenient
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Holiday Inn Montreal Airport
Comfort Inn Aeroport
#5 of 7 in Dorval
Hotel Dorval - Beausejour Apartments
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montreal Airport

Been to Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport? Share your experiences!