“An average hotel”

Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport
Ranked #121 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 16 May 2014

An average hotel, good for a quick stop over. Technically, it has everything that you need from hotel. But when you look into details, things tell different story. The entrance is not very polished, the entry carpet is in ruins to begin with. The room heater was centrally switched off as it was summer time (from Canada perspective yes, but from traveler perspective it may not be). They although provided with a portable heater. Room size is good, but again the carpeting, general look and feel is not very pleasing. Some other dislike includes no in-room service. The pool was outdoor and poorly maintained, so was gym and spa was in ruins. Basement rooms were damp and smell - thankfully I was not in basement. Breakfast was dull, and repeated all the days with no live kitchen (even for eggs). My recommendation, try only when you don't have options, or on a quick stopover. Given this is close to airport, the downtown is pretty far off ... so for a longer stay this is not a great choice...

Room Tip: Avoid basement rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
NaderAbdelnour, Manager at Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

The Hotel Management wishes to apologize that the guest did not find the stay satisfactory; we have in place now a routine management inspection to all the public areas, the entrance to ensure the continuous cleanliness is being carried over by our staff
The carpeting is being Shampooed all over the hotel, and we do currently cater our breakfast from our sister hotel the Hilton garden Inn, and we mix it daily with various new variety

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We picked this hotel as we needed the stay and park package, about $150 CDN. Parking was included for eight days. The room was very clean as well as the rest of the hotel. Although close to the airport, we did not hear planes making sleeping easy. We chose the outdoor package as April is usually snow free and we were quite pleased with the parking and security. The free shuttle to the airport was great at 3AM and the return shuttle was already waiting for us at the airport upon our return. Overall a great experience and this certainly will be the place to stay for our next trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was our 4th stay-park=fly at this hotel. Travelling to the Dom. Rep. Arrived at 8:00 pm. Desk staff were very pleasant. Got our room in minutes. Parked car in lot. Staff there were very friendly. Parking was included for 15 days. Spent a nice night in a clean room and got up at 3:00 am to take shuttle to airport for 6:30 am flight. Shuttle driver was extremely friendly and we were at airport by 3:30am. On return from flight we met shuttle at pick up point, no wait at all. Driver again very friendly.
This stay-park-fly arrangement is great. About the cost of parking at the airport and we got a night's sleep. Staff at the Quality Hotel, all of them from desk to drivers treated us very well. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and have done so to our families and others

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glen G
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Love this place: for the friendly service, wide range of amenties - including lap pool, sauna, jacuzzi, exercise room, reliable wiFi, shuttle busses to a variety of places - and gourmet food in the lovely lounge... did I mention extremely helpful people?

I wanted to explore Montreal and they gave me a map, exchanged my cash for Canadian, ordered the hotel shuttle to take me downtown and told me what busses to take to get places I wanted to visit. Felt like I had a grand tour from the front desk before I left. It made visiting Montreal really easy & took the burden of navigating a new city off my shoulders.

I had such a nice time here in such comfort. And the price is right. Definitely give it a try!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank naneliz
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel as it was close to the airport, offered a free shuttle and we could park our car there for a week while down south on vacation for free.

The reception was pleasant and we did not have to wait very long for service. They were pleasant and spoke english.

The room was nice and the beds comfortable. The shower had next to no pressure! I got better water pressure in the Dominican!! Our room was on the 4th floor, although I don't recall room number. We ordered in food from one of the pizza places that were in the book on the desk. the srevice was prompt, and food was decent.

The shuttle to the airport was fine. It was free! We chose to take a cab back to the hotel when we came home as we didn't feel like waiting for the shuttle. We just wanted to get a home. It will cost you $17 for a cab ride.

Car was in perfect condition when we got home. No issues and I didn't have any worries about it while on vacation!
I would stay here again if I chose to fly out of Montreal.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NewCitySeeker
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Arrived at the hotel at 330 pm & they had "lost" my reservation. Front desk clerk was talking on the phone the entire time & minimally had any time to help. Waited 30+ minutes to get a room and when I went to the room it had yet to be cleaned from the previous guests! Went back to front desk waited another 20 minutes and finally the head of housekeeping told the front desk clerk what was available & we got a room. Went to the room and it was "cleaned" up & ready for us but it was exceptionally dusty, hairy, & had previous guests dead skin all over (previous peeling sunburn - who knows or cares - not clean!). Very noisy throughout the night until about 3 am when we had to get up. Went to catch shuttle to airport and the shuttle arrived at the time it was supposed to depart and spent 20 min loading and waiting for other passengers. Dropped us off late and at wrong end of airport... Nearly had gate close due to arriving nearly an hour later then what they had said we would. Dirty, unprofessional, poor quality hotel. Paid way too much for the room and experience- will never go here again!

Room Tip: Just don't go here!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
NaderAbdelnour, Manager at Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

The hotel management wishes to apologize for the bad Experience, and I sent already a couple of message via Trip Advisor to be able to investigate the details and the dates to see exactly and research what went wrong
It is very rare that a hotel loses a reservation, so I am afraid that this might be at another Quality hotel as occasionally this might happen, The check in is at 3 PM so may be as we are usually sold out the rooms were in the process of being updated in the system so that is why there was a delay to get the Ready room
Please communicate with me at info@qualityhoteldorval.com so that we can conclude a compensation for this bad experience, and you can help giving me the details to investigate with the personnel on both the Housekeeping & the Transportation departments on what went wrong

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Waited a longtime for the van to get picked up at the airport. The outside of the hotel looks a little run down and out of date. The lobby almost has an Asian influence feel to it. There are a few statues and pond with fish in the lobby.
The rooms are extremely out dated and in need of updating. There are no easy to get to outlets around the bed, I had to leave my phone charging across the room. Hotel does have a restaurant but I did not visit it, also a Subway nearby. Breakfast on the other hand is in a separate room across from the restaurant. The breakfast was surprisingly good and the waiter was wonderful and extremely friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Coby H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Days Inn & Conference Centre -  Montreal Airport
Comfort Inn Aeroport
Comfort Inn Aeroport
#5 of 8 in Dorval
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montreal Airport

Been to Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport? Share your experiences!