“Wanna-be Upscale”

Ranked #65 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Detroit, Michigan
“Wanna-be Upscale”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located in the heart of Montreal close to everything I need to be for work. The building itself, the metro, the grocery, shopping, restaurants, etc. However, I think that it is significantly overpriced. The rooms are simple, clean but unimpressive. They are very accommodating with a mini-kitchenette. However, if you are in any sort of hurry, the elevators are super slow, waiting as much as 10 minutes to catch the lift to the ground floor. And If you plan on getting a good nights rest, bring earplugs.... of the four nights here I have been unable to go to bed at 9pm due to parities in other rooms, and woken up at 3am and 5 am from again parties, and people coming and going from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank javrox1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Yes, the hotel is dated and the bath towels are super-thin, but the upsides of the hotel far outweighed the downsides. The price was right; the location was perfect for our family to see the sights and get around using the Metro (Peel stop); the room was huge and kept impeccably clean; the beds were very comfy; and the service staff from the parking attendants to the front desk personnel was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The website boasts floor-to-ceiling windows with views of either the river or Mont Royal, but that r...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RAP1999
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We were a group of 6 in town for Osheaga and chose this hotel because it had rooms with two beds, great for a group of our size. The location is also very good for its proximity to the Metro (Peel station) but it's really it.

As others have said, the hotel needs to be updated. This was especially evident in the rooftop pool area. Yuck. By the looks of it, they don't really want you to use the pool and we didn't because it looked gross.

On the plus side, the rooms were quite large and fairly clean. If it were not for the fact that we wanted rooms with two beds, we'd likely stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank TOfoodie80
Labrador City, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The hotel is clean and in the heart of where you want to be when visiting Montreal. Some aspects of the rooms are very dated but the beds were comfortable. They could really use new shower heads though! Seems to be a common problem in alot of hotels. Nice TV in the room and updated furniture. We reserved our room on hotels.com and got a good price. I was surprised that there was a $5 charge a day for wifi. Staff was nice the entire trip until the last day. I asked the ladt at the front desk to call me a cab at 5am. 15 minutes goes by and no cab. A cab shows up and I started to say thank you and leave when she tells me thats not the right cab. I explain im in a rush and she starts lecturing me! As it was early morning, my patience was limited but luckily "her" cab arrived just as I was about to walk out. I realized at the airport I has left a hat in my room. I called the hotel and the housekeeping staff had found it and kindly put it aside for me. I offered my credit card number and asked them to put it in the mail for me. They refused. they told me I had to arrange for a company to come get it. I suggested that this had happened to me once before and the hotel in question put it in the mail. Not a chance here! It's too bad because I did enjoy my stay there but the last 30 minutes left a bad impression. My wife enjoys staying at this hotel but I don't know if we will be going back there. If you want a clean room in a good location, this is an appropriate selection. If your looking for anything above and beyond in terms of decent service, keep going!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Steve M
Inkstar
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We booked a premium suite for 4 nights. Room was as advertised. Clean and the beds were very comfortable. My wife is very picky about beds and she loved them. Hotel is a little dated but it's clean and we felt comfortable, the furniture, beds, TVs (flat screen in living room and bedroom) were all new. Great location, close to everything. For an extended stay, this is perfect, kitchen allowed us to save big bucks with doing some grocery shopping, separate bedroom and living room meant I could get up early and let my wife sleep in without waking her. We look forward to coming back.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Inkstar
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The rooms are nice with a kitchenette and all the amenities you could want. The location is close to downtown Montreal, just a 10 minute walk from the Bell centre. The bathroom and kitchenette are a bit dated but the bed and other furniture are new. The service has been polite and attentive. One irritant is the $5 per 24 hour internet charge.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Over our 5 day stay at Hotel Le Cantlie Suites, which was part of our bringing in the New Year of 2014 in fine style, we were very impressed with the attentiveness and helpfulness of the members of staff who worked in many different roles. The facility was very well maintained and kept very clean. It appears warm and inviting to visitors and guests alike. One couldn't chose a better location to stay in downtown Montreal with so much to see and do in very close proximity,

Our cautionary concerns of the Hotel Le Cantlie Suites were the rooms themselves as we found them to be modestly furnished and needing more seating, side tables and dresser space. (we did get two folding suitcase caddies though). We were also a bit miffed by having to pay a daily fee for WiFi service,

Overall, the Hotel Le Cantlie Suites is a fine place to stay, once you adjust to the minimalist furnishings provided in your rooms. At least that was our experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple