“Omni Hotel in Montreal”

Ranked #24 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Omni Hotel in Montreal”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Excellent value, ambience, food, and service - and geographically well situated for McGill University and all downtown activities. Easy access from all highways. The Omni has become our hotel of choice when in Montreal.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

omnimtroyal, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
We sincerely appreciate your feedback are are glad to know you enjoyed your time at the Omni Mont-Royal. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other TripAdvisor users and hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards,

Dominique Lapointe
Directrice générale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Turkish first
Montreal
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We celebrated a family wedding at the Omni earlier this year. The hotel could not have been more accommodating. The property is newly refurbished and well-located. We booked a suite for the weekend - beds were comfortable and rooms a decent size. A few people in our group experienced difficulty controlling the heat in their rooms but this was the only complaint. Food and service were very good. This hotel has an intimate feel - well-suited for a very special occasion!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne D
Dear Anne D,

I'm grateful that your family chose our hotel to celebrate such a special occasion and I'm delighted that it was a memorable experience for all that attended. Thank you for taking the time to share all of you comments on TripAdvisor and I hope that you will keep us in mind for future events or getaways.

Dear capeconway,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal as your home base while visiting beautiful McGill University. I'm grateful that you took the time to share your complimentary words and I hope we will have a future opportunity to welcome you back.

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2014

this is a nicely appointed hotel with a great location, but i found it to be very noisy. The street noise from Sherbrooke was noticeable, and irritating (we were on the 8th floor). Then there are the thin walls. One of our neighbours had a yappy dog that barked for 5 minutes at the least provocation. Another neighbour (apparently quite religious) kept shouting "Jesus Christ". This was usually preceded by some unruly behavior of her 2-3 yr old child. Sidebar: the little lady let a few JC's fly as well - but for much different reasons!
Room was nicely appointed.
Oh did I mention they gave us keycards that didn't work? That really bothers me!
For the price - there are better values in the vicinity, and the noise was a huge turnoff - don't think I would go back.

Room Tip: stay away from 12 & 14 if you do not want adjoining rooms
1 Thank Paul V
Dear Paul V,

It was very disappointing for me to read about your recent experience at our hotel. I’m dismayed that you experienced disruptions from the surrounding guests and truly apologize. We do our best to immediately address noise issues from guests, pets, or other disturbances and regret that we did not have the opportunity to do so during your stay. If you stay with us again, I would encourage you to let any of our associates know if you come across anything that is less than satisfactory during your stay so that we can quickly address it and allow you to enjoy your time with us. Your feedback is valuable to us and I’m thankful that you took the time to share. I hope that in the future you will consider staying with us again so we can provide you with an experience that is enjoyable from start to finish.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Visited McGill University and stayed at the Omni. Perfect location as it was right across the street from campus and McGill's Welcome Center where the campus tour began. The one bedroom suite was very comfortable with nice views of campus. Staff was very friendly and helpful with directions, shopping advice, and restaurant choices. Great value too for a city hotel.

Dear capeconway,

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel is alright but it didn't wow me. I ended up staying at the Omni because the three other hotels I tried to book only had king rooms available. The rooms have recently been redone so no complaints there. I found the scent that they pipe through the lobby to be nauseating. It smells like a cheap after shave. Somebody at Omni headquarters must think this scent is a good idea because the same nauseating smell was piped through the lobby of the Omni in Philadelphia.
What really soured my stay was that I waited 30 minutes to get my car from the valet parking. I went to speak to the manager after waiting 20 minutes and he spoke to the valet parker (who I had spoke to after waiting 15 minutes - which is the time frame that the hotel gives). Only then did the gentleman go retrieve my car. The manager did deduct a one night's fee for the parking which was an acceptable concession. What annoyed me was that later I received an email from the manager stating that after investigating the matter, it seems that I received my car within the 15 minute time frame. Needless to say, I was livid as the email suggested that I was the one who was in the wrong.
One more thing, if you have a hankering for a cup of coffee, beware as a take out cup will set you back $4.60.

2 Thank jbg2
OmniMgr, Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear jbg2,

Thank you for sharing your review and bringing the issues you experienced to my attention. I will follow up with our valet manager to understand what caused the initial delay in retrieving your car as well as to understand why the follow up email was sent. I understand your frustration and apologize that it was not handled differently. Your feedback is a valuable tool that allows us to understand how we can improve so I’m thankful for the opportunity to hear from you. I truly hope that the future will give us an occasion to welcome you back for a stay that exceeds all of your expectations.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Excellent stay at Omni Mont Royal hotel. Staff was friendly, hotel was beautifully renovated, location is walking distance to everywhere. Room and bathroom were large. Great beds and rooms were quiet. Would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

OmniMgr, Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear dc4Vermont,

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and for all of your complimentary words. I am thrilled that you enjoy the benefits of our Select Guest program and the renovations that have been done to the hotel. It will be my pleasure to have you stay with us again the next time you are in Montreal.

vermont
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Omni is the only hotel I stay at when in Montreal. First, become a Select Guest member. The Select Guest program is one of the best: complimentary beverages in the morning, opportunity to earn free nights in any Omni, and other benefits. Both guest rooms and public areas are extremely clean and have undergone upgrading and updating. The beds and furniture are comfortable. The level of guest service and friendliness of staff is unparalleled! The hotel is a within a few blocks of the Museum of Fine Arts, metro, underground, excellent restaurants, and St. Catherine for great shopping.

Dear dc4Vermont,