“Enjoyed our stay at the Omni, but...”

Hotel Omni Mont-Royal
Ranked #22 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Windsor, Ontario
“Enjoyed our stay at the Omni, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Enjoyed our stay at the Omni, but there were a few things I thought should have been better considering this hotel is rated a 4 star.

The service and customer care was excellent. My husband and I needed a taxi with a baby seat for our daughter and concierge worked hard to find me one, which, they did. I also needed a crib for my daughter which they did not hesitate to get me one and did not charge me for it. I did, however, wipe the crib down with a cloth and did find a lot of dirt and grime.

The location is amazing. Close enough to St.Catherines and Crescent but not right in there. It is just around the corner, maybe a 5 minute walk. The view of Mont Royal was beautiful from our room. I highly recommend requesting that side of the hotel.

The overall room I thought was ok. The decor to me seemed a bit dated. I was surprised because the hotel website claimed they renovated the rooms. The overal cleanliness I would give it a 2.5/5. I expected more, considering it was a rated a four star hotel, I expected the room to be very clean, in particular the bathroom. I was disappointed. The ceiling was starting to peel do to over moisture from the shower. I noticed there were hairs on the shower mat before I even took a shower. That disgusted me. I could tell that the bathroom hadn't been cleaned in quite some time because there were dried up water marks all over the counter and on the faucet knobs. The bathroom vent was clogged with dust balls. I noticed that the overall room was dusty. The night stands in particular were very dusty. For cleanliness they hotel should be rated a 3 star. I have stayed in a 4 star hotel before and it was much cleaner then the Omni.

The overall stay of the hotel was enjoyable. Everyone for the most part was very friendly and helpful and didn't hesitate when I needed assistance. My 1 year old daughter was with my husband and I and everyone took a liking to her and made her feel very comfortable.

If you can look beyond the cleanliness then this hotel was pretty good.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Mstillo
omnimtroyal, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Mstillo,

I sincerely appreciate all of your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the Omni Mont-Royal. I am certainly pleased to read that our Conciege was able to get a taxi for your family. I will follow-up with our team regarding the cleanliness issue in your room.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers and I look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Directrice générale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Turkish first
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We spent one night here in a premium king room on business. The room was just as represented on the hotel website, of generous size and modern decor, with a sofa, cocktail table, desk area, and plenty of drawer space; his and her closets, mini fridge, and in-room safe. The marble bathroom was large and brightly lit with a make-up mirror, a plus for me. The bathtub however was cracked around the drain and in need of repair. The staff were all pleasant, everyone from the bellman and reception to room service. We asked for a late check out and they could only accommodate us to 12:30 p.m. as they were fully booked. However, they were able to hold our luggage for us in a secured location until we were ready to depart. We had a pleasant stay overall.

1 Thank tiffany8862
Dear Tiffany8862,

What a pleasure to read your glowing feedback following your recent stay at the Omni Mont-Royal. I certainly appreciate you took the time to share your experience with other travelers.

I look forward to the pleasure of a future opportunity to serve you.

Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed at this property on a recent four day trip to Montreal. It was well located in reference to major park, restaurants and public transit. I took the 787 Express bus from the airport to Peel Street stop and walked four blocks to hotel. Hotel is not a convention hotel so is not full of crowds. Bar and restaurant are fine. Rooms are oversized, WIFI is free if you sign up for membership at no charge in the Omni club program.

Dear DLLinDallas,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay at the Omni Mont-Royal.

I am delighted that you had a great experience and I look forward to a future opportunity to serve you.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I spent two nights at this hotel with a group of friends. We reserved 5 rooms, including one Executive Suite. The hotel initially lost the reservation, despite reserving the rooms two months in advance. They then did not have any of the five rooms available on time (3pm). When I spoke with the manager - Louis [--] - I was met with a condescending attitude, given no apology for the late check-in, and was told that "we are a hotel, we are here to make money." The hotel also charged all of our rooms $17/night for WIFI, which we neither used nor were informed of at check-in. They also erroneously charged all of the rooms to one credit card at check-out, despite repeated requests to bill the rooms separately.

The rooms themselves were nice and clean, but the abysmal customer service - particularly by a manager - and hidden charges were shocking for a hotel of this caliber, and in a major city with many other hotel options. Avoid Omni Mont Royal.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank globetrotter0809
OmniMgr, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Globetrotter0809,

I'm terribly disappointed to read about your experience. I've already followed up with my team to make sure I understand the situation and what happened. We strive to provide the best customer service in Montreal and I apologize that this was not reflected in your experience. Please know that your comments are very important to me and I truly hope we will have a future opportunity to provide you with a great stay.

Dominique LaPointe
General Manager/Directrice générale
Hotel Omni Mont-Royal
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Great Hotel , very friendly staff and very clean. Had dinner there the first night. Food was very good. Our waiter, Alexander was extremely good at his job. A very good young man. All and all a very good experience.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Elvis082,

I sincerely appreciate your feedback and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your time at the Omni Mont-Royal.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards,

Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel has location and nothing more. Everything was average (clean, organized, friendly staff) but the price was higher compared to similar hotels I have stayed in other cities (i.e. Vancouver). I have stayed in cheaper hotels which provide more for the price (i.e. free complementary breakfast). The beer was overly expensive ($16.00 a glass!) so I had to go out and have a good time somewhere else. The cleaning staff was very polite and nice, but the time at which they started cleaning in my floor (sometimes as early as 9:00 am) was a bit early for me.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Carlos V
Dear Mr. Carlos V.,

I appreciate your feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely regret to read that there were aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations but I am grateful for the opporutinity to understand how we can improve.

Thank you again for sharing and I hope you will return soon.

calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My introductory stay at the Omni Hotel in Montreal was a success. Well situated at Sherbrooke and Peel, the hotel makes it easy to move about the downtown on foot. And there is a lot to be experienced within its vicinity - a diverse range, of excellent restaurants, bistros, bars and pubs; museums, art galleries and heritage architecture along Sherbrooke; parks. The hotel is well maintained and very current. The staff are personable, professional and helpful. Many have worked there 35+ years. I'll go back!

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Dear Gary W.,

I appreciate all of your feedback and happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.