“Nice hotel, but noisy”

Hotel Omni Mont-Royal
Ranked #20 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel. Friendly staff, clean rooms. Comfortable beds. Great attention for our dog - a bed, cups for water and food. It was nice! We couldn't stay because we do not support noise and this hotel is Located on a big road - Sherbrooke, but still the hotel is great! Needs some refreshment and change of windows with noise proof ones!

Stayed: July 2014
omnimtroyal, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Ina A,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and that our staff was attentive to your dog. It is wonderful to read your gracious comments. On the other hand, I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the outside noise from the street.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to your next visit.

Directrice générale

Write a ReviewReviews (2,799)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked a suite and requested a high floor and a room far from the elevator. The first room they gave us reeked of cigarette smoke, so they moved us down nine floors to a suite directly across from the elevator and the noisy ice maker, with a beautiful view of the Best Western's air conditioning system. We were told that we would be moved up to the 20th floor the next day. Meanwhile we could not unpack and had to live out of our suitcases. When I told them about the elevator, they stated that all the suites were in the same location. I'm no architect or hotel manager, but I would think that you would put the higher end, more expensive rooms further from the noise of the elevators and the ice maker. But that's just me. I had planned on staying four days. Since I had not yet unpacked, I checked out the first morning and went across the street to the Sofitel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Yehuda S
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I go to all the Omni hotels that i can co-ordinate with my trips---we got a suite with two bathrooms for 300 a night---very large---clean as heck and first class.
the restaurant and small bar were perfect....drinks are small in Ca.

Room Tip: join their Omni club
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynn H

Dear Lynn H,

I am delighted to read your feedback and that you were able to visit many Omni hotels during your trip. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel.

I look forward to the pleaure of welcoming you back to Omni Mont-Royal in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The staff did their best to resolve issues. The problem is that the hotel is old and in poor repair. The ventilation fan in the room made a terrible rattling noise. I really hate such systems that come on and off intermittently anyway, it's difficult to sleep next to a machine that turns on and off. Elevator noise could be heard in our room, as could traffic and street noise, and guests in the hallway. Base boards are coming loose, there is dust in corners and along wall edges, windows are scratched. The decor is dated. And they charged extra to use the business center. This building is past due for a total renovation that would justify the room prices.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
3  Thank Phil L
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I booked a room with a king size bed but was give a room with just a sofa bed. The thing I appreciate most when traveling is a comfortable bed. I picked this hotel because it was up scale but this is horrible. All they offered me was free internet and breakfast, I would rather have the king size bed I paid for!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Krista J
omnimtroyal, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear KristaJ,

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback following your recent stay at our hotel. I regret that you did not have a better experience and that there were aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations. I am grateful for the opportunity to understand how we can improve.

Please accept our apologies and I hope that the future will give us an opportunity to gain your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here like 3 days. I have to say the location is fantastic. Without The old man who works in the restaurant in breakfast time,all the stuff was so friendly. They forced to help too much. Even with that rude man, i had nice friendly view for all the stuff. The rooms are clean,but not fresh air inside. And it was really cold. I couldnt see slippers in the room. There were just 5 choice in the breakfast...And this is a 5 star hotel???!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tturk61

Dear tturk61,

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback following your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize that you did not have warmer interactions with one of our associates. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service and I’m disappointed that this was not reflected in your stay. I hope that the future will give us another opportunity to have you stay with us so we may provide you with the flawless experience that our guests expect and deserve.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at the Omni in early Aug.
First impressions were wonderful. The hotel lobby is marble and nicely laid out. Fresh basket of apples there for the weary traveler.

Check is was quick and efficient. I had read others reviews so I booked direct with the hotel.
(That way you get free internet access included)

The parking was another story. it was $ 27.00 per night but gave you in out prividges if you wanted it ) Im a regular middle class girl / family and valet parking is not normally something we would do. However with us arriving that day and the complexities with parking in Montreal I really just condisdered it a splurge and went with it. We found a lot just around the corner but with out in/ out privlidges.

The bed was big and the perfect blend of firmness and comfort. I had a fantastic sleep. We were right across from the ice machine but we didn't hear a thing.. ( I always just put a towel at the bottom of the door.. stops the noise from the hallway )

We only stayed one night but looking back I wish I would have booked another night at the hotel. Hotels in Montreal are quite expensive and we ended up staying outside of the city 2 of the 4 nights we were there. other 2 nights we were out of the city. ( last night was at a different hotel same price as this one but was a major dive! )
The roof top pool was very nice to.It does close a bit early 7:30 pm but it opens early too. Nice big towels and loungers at the pool. But come early, there weren't alot of loungers.

The room itself was quite large and welcoming. I liked that even in a high rise there was still a window that opened. The hoel was non smoking so that was great, No nasty overpowering smells of cleaners or anthing else to mask a dirty hotel... It was a great little oasis in the heart of a very desireable district.
It is just 2 blocks from St Catherines St. and within walking distance to Old Montreal and the metro. It really is in the middle of everything. If your a walker its a great location and everywhere you go is great food. It is very safe here. No worries at all about safety. People out walking late into the night. It is one of the major draws for this location. Go out! Expore ! Then come back to your nice comfy room! The room had a little fidge as well so that way very nice.

So if your looking for a hotel in a great location this is for you. , Clean, Comfortable, Beautiful and affordable for a king room it was with parking $230./ night,.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunlover47_11
OmniMgr, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Sunlover47_11,

I appreciate your well thought out review and I'm glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I know that reviews like yours are helpful to other travelers and helpful to us as well. If you return to Montreal, I hope you will once again consider staying with us.

Dominique LaPointe