“solid choice in montreal”

Hotel Omni Mont-Royal
Ranked #23 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“solid choice in montreal”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have stayed at the Omni a few times, and have always enjoyed it. Locationwise, it is near a few metro stations, so it is convienent.

The rooms were renovated a few years ago, so dont be scared of the older trip advisor photos.

If you become a member of Omni, you can also receive a free morning beverage, newspaper and i think wifi for each day of your stay.

If you want to save a little on parking, the eaton centre is about a 5-10 min walk away and only 6 dollars for 24 hours on weekends.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RichieBearington
omnimtroyal, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear RichieBearington,

Thank you for your kind review of the Omni Mont-Royal following your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that you had a good stay and enjoyed our location in the heart of downtown.

I look forward to another opportunity to welcome you next time you visit Montréal.

Kind regards,

Directrice générale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Turkish first
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We spent three days on vacation at the Omni, and had a very pleasant stay. The room was excellent, the staff friendly and helpful, especially the concierge staff. We had a decent room rate. The property is downtown, close to shopping and restaurants and the lovely McGill College campus. However it is a 35-40 minute walk from Old Montreal, though the walk itself is a very nice stroll through godd parts of town. The only negative is almost silly, but one would have to be a contortionist to reach the location of the toilet paper roll from the stool. We would definitely stay there again if we were back in that part of the world.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
omnimtroyal, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear JoeJD,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with other TripAdvisor users.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. Rest assured I will be sharing your wonderful praise with them.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Omni Mont-Royal.

Kind regards,

charlotte nc
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hotel is fairly well appointed and in a good location but it was all overshadowed for me by what seems to be a really lousy system at the front desk. The check-in process was a mess and it was never corrected during the stay making final checkout just as annoying and time consuming. I will say the breakfast buffet in the on-site restaurant was exceptional and service there was outstanding. Overall not a bad place, but pricey for the experience. When I return, I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
omnimtroyal, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Travelingbart,

Thank you for your candid feedback following your recent stay at our hotel. I regret to read about your experience and I am sorry the check-in process was not smoother. I take your feedback very seriously and will work with the team to make sure that we are better prepared. On the other hand, I am happy to read that you enjoyed your time at our restaurant.

I hope that the future will give us an opportunity to gain you confidence in our hotel.

Regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed at the Omni Hotel in Montreal for 4 days, and I have to say, the service and staff were outstanding. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The rooms were spacious and the bedding was amazing. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to visit Montreal. Very centrally located. If you are traveling before October, you must visit the Faberge exhibit.

Room Tip: rooms 1202 & 1204. Beautiful view out the window where you can see the highest peak in Montreal...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Nycdana,

I am really pleased to read your generous feedback following your recent stay at the Omni Mont-Royal. Thank you for sharing all of your complimentary words and details of your stay.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel next time you visit Montréal.

Regards,

Washington DC
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our family visited in August 2014 as we were touring the two campuses of McGill. This is a perfect location, just across the street from the university and a few blocks from Eaton Center and St. Catherine's street where a lot is happening. Cab fare from the airport is a flat $40, but the Metro is fairly close by as well. There is an airport shuttle that makes many stops, but we did not use it. Our two rooms were distinctly different from each other -- on opposite sides of the hotel, and one was a premium, the other a delux. Neither was particularly large, but they are contemporary with plenty of storage space, flat screen TV, coffee maker, and a marble bathroom with a traditional layout. My room was next to the ice maker, which has been mentioned by another reviewer. Do not be concerned if you have that room, because although you can hear it when it's in use, it almost never is in use! It simply wasn't a problem. In fact, in general, the room was quiet -- especially the HVAC system, which was not even noticeable in terms of noise. I do recommend this hotel, but I can see how it could be unpleasant if a large convention were in town because they always overbook and the public spaces are very small.

Room Tip: Rooms ending with an 09 or 9 are next to the icemakers and close to the elevators. It's NOT a p...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Nims515,

I am really glad to read that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and appreciate all you kind words for our facility.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Omni Mont-Royal in the near future.

Sofia, Grad Sofiya, Bulgaria
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel. Friendly staff, clean rooms. Comfortable beds. Great attention for our dog - a bed, cups for water and food. It was nice! We couldn't stay because we do not support noise and this hotel is Located on a big road - Sherbrooke, but still the hotel is great! Needs some refreshment and change of windows with noise proof ones!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Ina A,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and that our staff was attentive to your dog. It is wonderful to read your gracious comments. On the other hand, I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the outside noise from the street.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to your next visit.

New York, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked a suite and requested a high floor and a room far from the elevator. The first room they gave us reeked of cigarette smoke, so they moved us down nine floors to a suite directly across from the elevator and the noisy ice maker, with a beautiful view of the Best Western's air conditioning system. We were told that we would be moved up to the 20th floor the next day. Meanwhile we could not unpack and had to live out of our suitcases. When I told them about the elevator, they stated that all the suites were in the same location. I'm no architect or hotel manager, but I would think that you would put the higher end, more expensive rooms further from the noise of the elevators and the ice maker. But that's just me. I had planned on staying four days. Since I had not yet unpacked, I checked out the first morning and went across the street to the Sofitel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple