“Pleasant Stay at the Omni Hotel Mont Royal”

Ranked #24 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Pleasant Stay at the Omni Hotel Mont Royal”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I have stayed at this hotel very frequently, for over 10 years now. I would say that the location is excellent, staff friendly, and the hotel newly renovated. Hotel rooms are clean, and some offer a fantastic view of Mt Royal, which is right in the middle of Montreal. The hotel has an outdoor pool and indoor jacuzzi. There is fitness equipment for those who wish to use it. My one issue is the cable television at this hotel, and the movie service available. The # of HD television channels is extremely limited, and the voice/picture synch was off on the movies, which are somewhat expensive. With the expensive renovations that the hotel had, I think that provisions should have been made to update the television cable and in-room movie situation. While the movies and television channels are available, the way to watch them appears to be somewhat outdated. In any event, I commend the Front Desk Manager, Steven, for his tireless efforts to make me happy, which is not always easy. While any issues are always addressed and "remedied" in some way, I think some focus should be on NOT having those issues to begin with.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

OmniMgr, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear HonestInformant,

I appreciate your honest feedback regarding the tv and movie offerings. I understand your frustrations and can assure you that we are working to remedy your concerns. I am glad that Steven was able to work with you and I do appreciate that you also shared your positive feedback from your stay. Guest feedback is a valuable tool for us to recognize how we can improve and I am grateful that you took the time to share with us. I hope you will return again soon for a stay that meets all of your expectations.

Hotel Omni Mont-Royal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Turkish first
Ottawa
Reviewed 31 August 2014

From the moment you walk in the front door the staff is amazing. Bellman, Front desk, Room Service, and even the morning perk of having your coffee delivered to your door. No complaints about the Omni. Get a room on a higher floor for a great view of Mont Royal! Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
OmniMgr, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Annievee,

I'm delighted to read that your stay started off on the right foot and you had a positive experience throughout your visit. It is a great compliment to us that you plan to return and I look forward to welcoming you back.

St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This was a great hotel. Modern rooms, very clean, great staff, all the amenities, close to underground shopping, located between old Montreal and Mt Royal so a short taxi ride to both. Easy walk to the forum with many restaurants and bars close by. Visited Notre Dame Cathedral and so many other places, very relaxing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear L2374BCPaulW,

Thank you for reviewing the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal. I'm pleased to know that you had a relaxing stay and found the sites of Montreal to be so convenient. If you return to Montreal, I hope you will stay with us again.

Kent
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This was our first hotel in Canada after a long flight from the UK, and the only flaw we had in three nights of staying there was that our room was not ready at the time we had requested per our arrival in Montreal. Whilst we were offered a complimentary drink to compensate, it would have been preferable to have a room for our children and us to unwind and freshen up in.

Other than that, the hotel was excellent. The rooms were comfortable, the service delightful - the concierge in particular was brilliant with his recommendations - and the breakfasts were first class. The location was good - it made easy for travelling to various city locations we had identified. We also enjoyed the gym and the swimming pool, and the complimentary apples were the icing on the cake!

We really liked this hotel, but if the management can sort out the issue surrounding first impressions for the customer on arrival, the Omni Montreal would come with a very high recommendation indeed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BR4clan
Dear BR4clan,

I regret to read that we couldn't immediately get you into your room upon your arrival but I am glad that the remainder of your stay went well. We do our best to honor any requests for an early check in and I will follow up with my team to make sure we are doing all that we can to meet these requests. Thank you for also sharing all of your compliments, especially of our concierge. If you return to Montreal, I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Paris, France
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Nice hotel ,very well located closed to Peel avenue.
As we were with 2 children with the same room , they provided us a suite.
Concierge is very friendly and provided us a lot services .
Wifi is not free except at the lobby that's a bad point .
Close to the museum Mc Cord

Dear Franck M,

I appreciate your feedback and I'm glad your family enjoyed your time at our hotel. If you return, I would encourage you to sign up for our Select Guest program. Reservations booked at qualified rates do receive complimentary wifi in the guest rooms. Thank you again for reviewing us and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Our room was not ready at 3 nor at 4 - finally offered a different bed configuration. Great location - close to McGill where we were dropping our daughter and twenty minute walk (easy walk) to Old Montreal. Near St Catherine street.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Dear mckCanada,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and please accept my apologies that your room was not ready at check in. I'd like to assure you and other guests that we are making changes to ensure that our guests will be able to get into their rooms at our stated check in time. Your feedback is appreciated for identifying areas of opportunity such as this and I hope we will have a future opportunity to welcome you back.

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 August 2014

A lovely hotel in a quiet side of Montreal. Encountered some minor issues but was easily remedied. Hotel is close to restaurants and the nearest Metro station is just around the corner. The room looked rather dull but spacious. I was hoping for a room in the 20's but even on the 14th floor facing Mount Royal, the sky seems to meet the earth at dusk.

Dear dtravelingkind,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you had a good stay and that any issues were immediately addressed. Please let us know if you return so we can ensure you are on a higher floor and can enjoy the amazing view.