“Great location, friendly staff, excellent suite and breakfast”

Auberge le Jardin d'Antoine
Ranked #34 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
New York City, New York
“Great location, friendly staff, excellent suite and breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

We stayed at a suite with a separate livingroom and whirlpool bath, and we recommend it. The reason we choose B&B is intimacy, good breakfast to start the day (I don't like having to search for a breakfast in the morning), and good value. We had all of them at this place.

The bilingual staffs were all very helpful. The location is perfect (St. Denis is a fun street it itself, 15 minutes walk to Old Montreal, subway stations nearby, even express bus to airport was a couple of blocks away.)

The only warning is that our suite was facing the street and being on St. Denis, a lot of actions were going on until late at night. It didn't bother our sleep too much, but the noise was noticeable. If you go to bed early or a light sleeper, then you should ask for a room facing the backyard. However, you may just want to hang out late in this action-packed city.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Williston, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

We were located on the top floor (room 42?), we had a great whirlpool in the room next to the bed and that was a nice touch. It was great to have a separate sleeping area from the television area. The air conditioner is located in the tv room (blowing against the front door?) so the bedroom was a bit warmer than the rest of the unit, (and there were no fans available to move the air around the unit). The breakfast provided was nice and sitting on the porch-area was nice in the morning. Staff was very friendly and made great suggestions. Beware, there is NO elevator so you will need to travel up and down the stairs yourself. This was not a big problem for us, but it would be harder for a less active person.

Room Tip: Be ready for the stairs.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Sunderland, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

This is a quaint and friendly little hotel in the downtown core, that offers the basics at reasonable rates. It can't be beat for accessibility to Montreal attractions, and the staff are exceptionally friendly. The accommodations are clean and comfortable, the breakfast is lovely. I would certainly return to or recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracey C
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

this hotel was selected by my wife who loves to do all the reservations and bookings for our trips.
the nroom we got #32 is quite spacious but not very well set up. Witha bathtub in the sleeping room? the shower w/c and sink are in a seperate room, and then we have a sittiing room. All in all, the arrangment was not designed, but evolved out of what space was availible for the room when the hotel was designed. My daughter and her comp[anion are in rm# 3 on the lower floor. Thatgg room is nice enough, but could be considered a little small.
The main issue might be the spiral stairs, which are quite steep. Our room is at the top of 4 flights from the breakfastg room.
Staff is VERY friiendly and couldn't be more helpful. The breakfast was very good, and great coffee was availible.
Once youclimb the stairs to the top level 3 or 4 times, you will not have to go to the gym that day.
Wifi is free, but a little spotty, and has cut off in the diningroom3 times since I started writing this. I hope the text is not lost when I try toii post in on this site.

Room Tip: stairs are steep.Might want to consider the lowewr floors.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank John B
Amherst
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

This is a wonderful B&B perfectly located on St. Denis street! My friend and I spent 3 days 2 nights here. We visited Montreal for the International African Music Festival the B&B was only a 10mintue walk from the festival location. Additionally, it was very easy to find wonderful restaurants! The B&B was very clean, everyone was friendly, comfortable beds and tasty breakfast. One great thing about breakfast was the fresh fruit cups every morning.

We stayed in room 1 on the first floor, there was NO street noise or any noise from the B&B. One challenge was the shower was a bit small in our room. This shower was a 1 person standing room only shower.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Cary, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

This was my second stay at the Auberge, and I'd definitely want to stay again if I revisit Montreal. I love the location on Rue St. Denis, with metro stops both up and down hill, and loads of places to eat (my fave is Cafe Cherrier). The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the water hot and the breakfast adequate.

I travel solo, so I get the cheapest room. This time I was in Room 1. I thought noise might be a problem, as it is close to the breakfast room, but I had no problem with noise. However, I found the room dark, and suspect it will be too hot in the summer. The window and AC unit are in a little triangle set off to one side of the room (see my photos). I was there at the beginning of June, and even though it wasn't especially hot out I still needed to run the AC when I got back to clean up for dinner.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank thursdaysd
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

We (couple with 12 yr old) go to Montreal every year for the Jazz Festival. This year we stayed at the Auberge le Jardin d'Antoine, and it was a pure delight in every way. We had a petite suite, and we loved it -- comfortably elegant design, roomy and clean, and our boy loved the Murphy Bed! It felt like a real home away from home for us, a wonderful place to return to from each outing.

My wife and I loved the location -- very trendy and loaded with restaurants and boutiques, plus it's a 15 minute walk to everything; our son, though, was a bit on edge by what he considers a fairly gritty urban location that had him pining for the 'burbs. But it is totally safe there, and he eventually got a little acclimated.

The staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and professional, and did all they could to help make our vacation the delight that it was. Great buffet breakfast every morning.

If you're wanting to get away from the processed hotel chain experience and are looking for a local place with character in a great location I highly recommend this auberge!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family