“Quartier Latin ambiance”

Ranked #36 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Quartier Latin ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

We added extra days to our stays at the auberge with helpful staff, location with easy access to the subway plus safe to walk any places. The jacuzzi tub and bathroom was large clean and quiet at night. We are planning to be back at the auberge for our nest visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed here with my daughter for three nights on a minivacation to Montreal. The location is unbeatable with easy access to the subway & my favorite parts of Montreal were within walking distance. We had an extremely quiet room in the rear of the hotel which was clean & comfortable. The Jacuzzi tub was wonderful after spending a day on our feet walking about town. Staff were friendly & helpful and the breakfast was excellent in a very comfortable breakfast room. We took advantage of a third night half price offer which made the stay very affordable. I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: rooms in the back are very quiet. Treat yourself to a room with a Jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
antoine771, Owner at Auberge le Jardin d'Antoine, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear guest

We want to thank you for this nice comment. What a pleasure to read this
to start your day !

We are happy you liked : location, room , staff, our promotion and the breakfast. I will
surely say Bravo ! to all the hotel team on your behalf.

I would like to precise that the third night at 50% off is called the Sweet deal package , a promotion only available if you book with the hotel directly.

We look forward to welcome you again

Best regards

Marc-André Ladouceur
Manager and co-owner
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and we were very pleased with the accommodations. Centrally located to everything in a fun neighborhood. We stayed in the economy rooms on the ground floor which were small but we expected that from the other reviews. It was all we needed and my husband was very happy that he could smoke right outside the room in the outdoor lounge. The staff was great and the breakfast was really good as well. Fresh croissants, bagels, eggs, etc. I would go there again.

1 Thank Slave2superpwr
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of my month in Quebec Province. I chose it for the location, price and good reviews here at TA. I was quite satisfied with my choice. The bus station was about 2 blocks away, it was an easy walk to the Old Port and there were tons of restaurants to choose from. The staff were all friendly and welcoming. My first night was when the water in Montreal was deemed undrinkable so I was given bottled water along with my room key. The clerk helped me get my luggage to my room (lots of narrow stairs). I had a budget room which opened to a sort of courtyard. The only access to the courtyard is through the hotel so no worries if they tell you you'll have an outside room. The room was small but very well laid out so it didn't feel cramped. Until you get to the shower... I had to turn the shower nozzle to the wall to soap up and shampoo my hair cuz there was no getting away from the water spray in the tiny space. And it took me awhile to figure out the soap dispenser. The instructions were in small print which doesn't help when you were glasses. :) I got a spring time special with my second night being half price so the overall cost was good. Thank heavens cuz the tax in Montreal is "tres cher". The rate included breakfast each morning which was quite good. There is an attendant who keeps everything stocked and cleaned. The buffet included scrambled eggs, various cereals, juices, breads and pastries and breakfast meats (I'm vegetarian so didn't pay much attention to them). There was the usual coffee and tea and milk with a bottle of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup which I saw several kids making good use of. :) All in all I was happy with my stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Essex, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed here for four nights. Our room was on the 2nd floor, clean and some nice beds, huge bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, flat screen TV and wardrobe. The air con unit under the window chilled the room really well - however it was a little noisy. The breakfast was in the breakfast room; it was plentiful, all you can eat continental in style, with scrambled eggs...I could have murdered some bacon though, which they didn't do.

Well appointed tourist leaflets in the entrance hallway, which is also chilled and you can relax on the chairs. Staff were very helpful.

The hotel was in a good location, near the new bus station and about a 5 minute walk from the nearest Metro station. There are plenty of restaurants and bars in the area, with live music and they are good value.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights last week and we loved our room on the lower level. It was quiet, clean, and nicely decorated, and the wonderful breakfast was right next door. We did not have a refrigerator, but the staff kept our travel ice packs frozen for us until we left.

Everyone on the staff were helpful and answered our questions about things we had seen and experienced. The location on St. Denis was perfect and parking was nearby. We did not have to worry about our car for two days! Would definitely stay here again.

Rio de Janeiro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Nice, clean and comfortable room on the third floor (no elevator!). Even had a jacuzzi in the bathroom. Breakfast was good, nothing special, but on both days we got there almost at the end (close to 10 am) and food was getting scarce. Overall, a good option.