We've been visiting Montreal regularly for 6+ years and have just discovered this Auberge.
Things to like:
- attractive, bright, breakfast area with GREAT variety and quality of foods and beverages (e.g. a different fruit salad each day, but always ripe tasty fruit: not hard tasteless melon and watery strawberries that are so common;
- tasteful, imaginative decor in the room with a new, firm mattress
- location overlooking the Parc LaFontaine: great for the early morning jog (me) or walk (ma femme)
- terrific kitchen with range of beverages and snacks (some quite sumptious!)
Things to know:
- there are 40+ stairs to the rooms at the top: not for the infirm
- there is plenty of legal parking to be had, but not a parking lot per se: this is an urban setting (part of the charm), so leave the Lambourghini at home and drive the Toyota instead
- the metro is a 15 minute walk: so seasonal weather matters.
We'll be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auberge de La Fontaine is a quaint bed and breakfast hotel situated in the thriving plateau Mont-Royal neighborhood, facing the renowned Park La Fontaine, and a few minutes from the Montreal downtown core or the business sector. From our bed & breakfast hotel, one can easily walk to the Mont-Royal metro station, to Saint-Denis Street or Mont-Royal Avenue all of which has a number of bars, restaurants and boutiques. Whether it is for a vacation, holiday, business trip or for rest and relaxation, Auberge de La Fontaine is an excellent choice for your stay in Montreal! With over 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry, Auberge de La Fontaine bed & breakfast hotel has 21 fully equipped rooms that are each designed in their own unique style. An elaborated healthy buffet breakfast is served every morning and at your service is a warm and welcoming staff aiming to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Nature in the heart of Montreal Imagine waking up one morning and within a few steps you're on a winding path with magnificent Flora, large Maple trees, vast green spaces, colourful works of art and two linked ponds with a fountain. All this while in the heart of Montreal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Auberge de La Fontaine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge De La Fontaine Hotel Montreal