Montreal Decorative Arts Museum (Musee des Arts Decoratifs de Montreal)
Ranked #310 of 412 things to do in Montreal
singapore
180 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“wanna see different?”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

this museum really so great :)) we can see anything from different so dont miss it

Visited January 2012

Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Place, Excellent side trip. Wonderful Place”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

A wonderful place. My favorite piece was a wood carving of a damned canoe trip. The men in the boat look truly miserable. It is a wonderfully executed scene. The attention to detail is delightful. It is also very much in a folk tradition that I am appreciating more and more. Beautiful items created for the rich and powerful are not nearly as interesting to me as work created by and for working--class people.

Note - I am a non-believer. I did not chose this piece because of any religious motivation. I currently, do not hold on to any superstitions about an actual embodiment of evil whether physical or meta-physical. I am very familiar with many myths after spending 12 years in the Catholic school system. I found this little sculpture to be much more fun and creative than most of the damnation stories I heard/read as a child.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank JIMTRK16

Travellers who viewed Montreal Decorative Arts Museum (Musee des Arts Decoratifs de Montreal) also viewed

Been to Montreal Decorative Arts Museum (Musee des Arts Decoratifs de Montreal)? Share your experiences!