“For little people only”
Review of Bell Centre

Bell Centre
Ranked #13 of 416 things to do in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: In season, take in a Montreal Canadiens hockey game at this arena.
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Not only is this the most taxed sports arena in the world by the greedy city of Montreal. Its also probably the smallest in space outside of the arena itself. Its so narrow that between hockey periods there is no room to move. Very poorly designed. I guess its all about money. Cram as many people in there as possible. I would hate to see an emergency in there!!!

2  Thank Robert_DaBoss
There are newer reviews for Bell Centre

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Check out the Canadiens website or their season ticket reseller website and you might be surprised to find reasonably priced tickets - I know I was. The building is very nice and celebrates the storied history of the Canadiens. There is a Canadiens Hall of Fame onsite as well, which is worthwhile for the die-hard fan.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Was here to see The Eagles on 11/4/2013, and I was impressed at a few things, like how easy it was to get to the venue via the Metro, the abundance of staff and how easy leaving the venue was (even though it was a packed house). There are a number of dining choices in the area but, if you're unfamiliar with it, you may have to wander around for a bit. The only issue I find with these combo sports arena/concert venues is that the sound can be, for lack of a better term, "cavernous". Still, it was a very good experience (lots better than some comparably-sized venues that I won't name here!)

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I wanted to love the Bell Center as much as I love the Habs. I was stunned at how plain the outside of the building is. The plaza with the statues was under construction when we went so that took away from the outdoor experience, but still this building lacks character.

As we entered we were forced to check our camera bag as it had a camera with a removable lens. We have taken the same camera and bag to other arenas and stadiums without issue.

After we checked our camera we visited the store and found it chaotic. The layout of the store does not lend itself to large crowds and we ended up returning the next day to get a real chance to look around at what was being offered.

The inside isn't much better. The halls feel narrow which cause them to feel over crowded. The food selection is your typical arena grub; overpriced pizza, pretzels and fries. The beers are $11.

We were in the DD row of the centre ice 300 level with a camera just to the right of us that blocked part of our view of the ice, although there was no mention of obscured view. The view of the game was great.

The pre game show is like nothing any other team puts on. The Habs know how to honour hockey.

The crowd was respectful and appreciative of the San Jose Sharks, who out played the Habs and beat them 2-0 on this night.

I will return to see the Habs because it's the Habs, but I wouldn't be eager to see any other events such as concerts at the Bell Centre.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We just arrived home from a great show put on by Josh Groban at the Bell Center. We had great seats, the lightening and sound were perfect. We were fortunate enough to have the opportunity to meet with him prior to the show and he was most humble and pleasant. If you get a chance to see his concert do so.