“Very Good Service and Location”

Hotel Le Germain Montreal
Ranked #11 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed here in December on business for two nights. Things I liked the free 24 hour Espresso bar, the concierge, the location and the free breakfast. What I didn't care for; the very limited room service offerings and times, the newspaper offerings and no cabs allowed to wait out front. The rooms were very modern and quiet. I stayed on the 6th floor overlooking Rue Mansfield.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank shem01
Jacques-Alexand... P, General Manager at Hotel Le Germain Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear shem01,
Thank you for your review and comments.
I am pleased to read you enjoyed your time with us.
I am taking good note of your comments regarding our room service, newspaper and taxis.

We look forward to welcome you again the next time you will be in our beautiful city.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We have stayed at the Germain Mtl at least twice a year for the past 5 years. This is the first time that we have been disappointed to the point that we may not be back to this location.

We have intolerances to Gluten and other foods which was noted in our file. Unfortunately, this time, the gluten free bread promised was still frozen when we arrived for breakfast. There were no other foods we could eat, and the breakfast staff were not accommodating to provide anything else for us. This was clearly a miss. The rudeness of the dining room staff was a surprise however.

Regarding the room, we love the decor and the bed is great. However, the room we were assigned was in need of a good cleaning, including dusty blinds and the like. The ice bucket was full of water (from a previous guest?) and there were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling.

When we mentioned some of these issues to the front desk, we were offered a space heater which we refused. There were no other "reasonable accommodations" made for us.

Finally, when we mentioned these issues to the Front Desk upon leaving, we were disappointed with the lack of empathy from the personnel. Lastly, the Valet who want to get my car from the garage drove it, on President Kennedy Avenue, like he was racing an F1 car, which I did not appreciate.

Overall, our stay was a miss, and we are questioning whether we will go to this hotel again, even though we like the location, the decor, the bed and the ambience. I give it a 2.5 rating (2 is too low and 3 is too high).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Golfers on,
Thank you for your review and comments. As we discussed over the phone, a follow up on every comments you sent us has been made, with every employees, as we take your email and comments seriously. I was sorry to read that your last experience with us was not as good as the experience we normally offer to our guests.
I am really pleased we will have the chance of welcoming you again in December.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel 4-5 times in the last few years and always loved the boutique-style and never had an issue with my stay. Unfortunately though during my recent trip, I had to be moved twice from original room. First room (superior) would've been fine but then the TV won't turn off. Maintenance was really quick to come to assist but apparently they would have to unmount the TV from the wall just to unplug it so only choice was for me to move rooms. Staff was really quick (and helped too with carrying my stuff) in switching my room to another one on the same floor and this was around 8 pm at night. Second room wasn't as nice as the first room I had, the ceiling had cracks, there was some weird "eeeee" sound in the room (not sure if from outside) but as I was too tired I was willing to sleep regardless, but then the room temperature control wouldn't work. Staff was quick in finding a room for me when I complained, again on the same floor, and it may have been my frustration or there were no other available rooms, but they moved me to an apartment suite. Apartment suite was awesome, 2 floors. First floor has a kitchen, living room area with TV, bookshelf of reading materials, desk to handle business work, fireplace, powder room; second floor of course bedroom, lounge style seats and TV with great sound system, espresso maker and full bathroom with tub and separate shower, awesome window view. Unfortunately I was too tired to enjoy amenities in room, went straight to bed. Breakfast is always great at this hotel. During my other stays never had a room with cracked ceilings or technical issues with temperature or TV. So perhaps some rooms need renos. My upgrade to apartment suite was a plus so I thank staff for taking the issues I had seriously and compensate with good service and upgrade to apartment suite.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jacques-Alexand... P, General Manager at Hotel Le Germain Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Jennelyn,
Thank you very much for your review and kind words on our staff and the service you receive at the hotel.
We take your experience and comments very seriously and will look into all of them to make sure they will not happen again.
We look forward to welcome you in a near future.
Your loyalty is important to us.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

If you like words like intimate, comfortable, understated, sophisticated and warm this place is perfect for you. My room was modern and cozy with an open design that made it feel larger. The staff is excellent and the location - for business and shopping (it's not in the tourist old city) was fantastic - around the corner from the Ritz. I really love this small chain. I can't wait to bring my wife.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Jacques-Alexand... P, General Manager at Hotel Le Germain Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Jeff B,
Thank you for your review and your kind words.
We look forward to welcome you and your wife soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Staff very helpful. Any little problem taken care of immediately.
The rooms are very modern, shower wonderful, great for a business traveler. There are no
drawers in the room and I suspect that is because it is great for business or overnight guests with little luggage. The breakfast room is well staffed and breakfast was fresh.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Jacques-Alexand... P, General Manager at Hotel Le Germain Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear erf,
Thank you for your kind words and your review.
We hope to have the chance of welcoming you again at Le Germain Montréal in a near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We've already stayed in a "Le Germain" hotel in Calgary and where amazed by its staff service and nice ambiance. So we decided to stay at the Le Germain in Montral. In general the service and appearance of the rooms are the same and just marvelous. Only the location of the hotel itself isn't that great. We had a view on the ductwork of the air condition of the building accross. But besides that it is definitely nice place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Spent the weekend recently in beautiful Montreal and we chose the right place to stay.

There’s so much to like about Le Germain. The location is good – shops and restaurants in abundance. The hotel itself is clean, modern, and well designed. The standard room had the most comfortable bed ever, large TV, many electrical outlets conveniently located, lots of light, a nice bathrobe, an umbrella in the closet. There were apples at the elevator, and the lobby had a fireplace, comfortable seating and plenty of newspapers.
The bar was perfect for a Friday pre-dinner cocktail. Breakfast in the small restaurant was quite good.

The heart of the hotel is the staff. Everyone we encountered went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable – and it seemed so natural for them. They are nice people who actually appear to appreciate their customers. A special thanks to Andre who made dinner reservations - with a request for a window table - at Poispenche for us. After seating us, the waiter delivered a glass of champagne – from Andre! In many years of travel, this was a first – talk about exceeding our expectations.

All the attention to detail, the small touches, and the great staff add up to ‘love this place’.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Jacques-Alexand... P, General Manager at Hotel Le Germain Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear FromMaine_13,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I will certainly share it with our team.
I am pleased to read that you 'love our place', as well as the little details we bring to improve the experience and stay of our guests. We truly believe they make the difference!
We look forward to welcome you back soon.