I recently spent two nights at Le Germain and frankly don't understand what all the fuss is about. Yes, it is a "boutique" hotel and has some so-called trendy aspects to it including the glass enclosed shower which opens up into the bedroom, bare painted concrete ceilings, etc. but I could help but feel that everything was a thin veneer on what really is an ordinary hotel and not worth anywhere near the $229/night I paid.
Some additional comments:
- the building exterior is hideous - late 1960s/early 1970s concrete slabs
- the small floors feel like a downscale apartment building - in fact it might very well have been one at some point in time
- the gym is on the fifth floor and is one of the saddest I've ever seen in a hotel - one treadmill, a few weights and dim lighting
- the chair at the desk felt like something taken from a primary school - low and make of hard, moulded plastic - very uncomfortable to work from
- and why put the desk right under the flat screen TV - very disturbing to have it on while you work at the desk
I've stayed in both Le Germain hotels in Toronto and they are vastly superior. I won't be back to the one in Montreal.
P.S. If you're thinking of holding a business meeting here don't bother. The small meeting room (there is only one) on the fourth floor is grim at best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Design and Welcome Unique to MontréalIn a trendy downtown neighbourhood stands our chic and intimate boutique-hotel, intended for both business and leisure clients alike. The product of the astonishing transformation of a former office building, the hotel offers a unique concept in accommodation.Aesthetic Sense and Attention to DetailIn the hall, the eyes are immediately drawn to the luxurious furnishings, bouquets of fresh flowers, the warm fireplace and intimate lounge areas. You'll take in the peaceful atmosphere, a sign of the cozy comfort that awaits you in your room.Sophistication, Refinement and Enveloping ComfortThe hotel's 101 rooms and suites are inspired by loft-style architecture and allow guests to make the most of the natural light and views of the city. An elegant, highly functional design and unparalleled comfort await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Germain Montreal
- Montreal Le Germain Hotel