“they've thought of everything”

Hotel Le Germain Montreal
Ranked #10 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Montreal, Canada
“they've thought of everything”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

great location - quiet rooms, very comfortable. The bathroom (shower water pressure) left a tiny bit to be desired but everything else was fantastic - management knows what they're doing.

Even the mini bar was priced by a human, not a sadist.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacques-Alexand... P, General Manager at Hotel Le Germain Montreal, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear DrCMiller,
Thank you for your good comment. It is good to read that you enjoyed your time with us.
For your information, we are currently working on increasing the pressure for the showers. It should be resolved for your next time with us.

And as you may have noticed, we now offer the Nespresso coffee in the minibar of each rooms. We know how important a good coffee in the morning is!

We look forward to welcome you again soon,
Jacques-Alexandre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Sutton, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel is perfectly located in the heart of downtown Montreal. It's main advantage is an inside restaurant which has a reputation for its excellent dining experience. After a days work or play, it is great to have diner in the hotel and yet enjoy fine gastronomy. Portions are small but food is so sophisticated that every bite is worth it. You can choose your food in a precisely detailed menu all appropriately priced.

Rooms are confortable and service is impeccable. Not only smiles everywhere, but real precise and quality service. Only critic is self serve breakfast is far from special except for homemade jams!

Room Tip: City view on President Kennedy street is nice...
Dear Rita499380,
Thank you for your good review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your time with us.
I take good note of your comments regarding breakfast.

We look forward to welcome you at Le Germain Montréal again soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The weekend of April 26th was our second stay at Le Germain and we were once again very happy with the choice. Although no longer a new hotel on the Montreal scene, Le Germain retains a stylish, upbeat atmosphere and is well maintained. Location is close to shopping, restaurants’ and cultural attractions. In the evening, the lobby and restaurant was buzzing with guests enjoying dinner and cocktails.

Our king bed guestroom (703) was spacious, quiet and very comfortably furnished. Excellent room amenities including Tivoli clock radio/IPod station (fantastic sound), 42” flat screen TV, espresso coffee maker, bottles of water, luxury Molton Brown bath products in the large walk-in shower and more, visit their website for full description.

Our room rate included an enhanced continental breakfast featuring a buffet of hot and cold items. Another nice feature is the 24 hr. complimentary coffee machine in the lobby offering a selection of espresso based coffees. Hotel personnel are professional and genuinely helpful. We drove to Montreal and on departure a front door staff member asked if we would like bottles of cold water for the trip. Nice touch and so typical of the service that brings us back to Le Germain!

Room Tip: Book a king bed room, worth the upgrade to have the larger space.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacques-Alexand... P, General Manager at Hotel Le Germain Montreal, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Myrna C,
Thank you for sharing your good comments.
I am pleased to read you enjoyed your weekend with us.
We look forward to welcome you soon, and again, take good care of you.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I recently spent two nights at Le Germain and frankly don't understand what all the fuss is about. Yes, it is a "boutique" hotel and has some so-called trendy aspects to it including the glass enclosed shower which opens up into the bedroom, bare painted concrete ceilings, etc. but I could help but feel that everything was a thin veneer on what really is an ordinary hotel and not worth anywhere near the $229/night I paid.

Some additional comments:
- the building exterior is hideous - late 1960s/early 1970s concrete slabs
- the small floors feel like a downscale apartment building - in fact it might very well have been one at some point in time
- the gym is on the fifth floor and is one of the saddest I've ever seen in a hotel - one treadmill, a few weights and dim lighting
- the chair at the desk felt like something taken from a primary school - low and make of hard, moulded plastic - very uncomfortable to work from
- and why put the desk right under the flat screen TV - very disturbing to have it on while you work at the desk

I've stayed in both Le Germain hotels in Toronto and they are vastly superior. I won't be back to the one in Montreal.

P.S. If you're thinking of holding a business meeting here don't bother. The small meeting room (there is only one) on the fourth floor is grim at best.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear John B,
Thank you for your comments.
I am sorry to read that we have not met your expectations here at Le Germain Montréal.
I took good note of your comments. When we will make changes in our room, we will certainly take them into consideration.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed here recently for one night. Check-in was fine. The room was nice with a few maintenance issues left unaddressed. Most notably a baseboard trim piece not attached upon entrance. Otherwise, the room was well appointed. The restaurant was good. The front desk service was a bit lacking especially when requesting a late check-out. It seemed like that was a very tall order. I'd return for sure and hope for the service to pick up a little.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jacques-Alexand... P, General Manager at Hotel Le Germain Montreal, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear tenmile1,
Thank you for sharing your comments on your last stay with us.
I took good note of your comments on service and maintenance and I have made the proper follow up with my colleagues.
Service is really important to us and we want your stay to be comfortable and simple.
We look forward to welcome you again soon.
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This hotel boutique, located in the heart of downtown Montreal, is an oasis of tranquility. The personnel is courteous and does everything to make you feel like at home. The rooms are very well decorated and have the devices needed for a nice stay. Bed is remarkably comfortable. Breakfast included in the price of the room is copious. I have been to this hotel more than fifty times over the years and I was never disappointed. This is truly the place in Montreal.

Room Tip: Rooms ending by 02.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chablis140701
Jacques-Alexand... P, General Manager at Hotel Le Germain Montreal, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Chablis140701,
It is and always will be a pleasure to welcome you at Le Germain Montréal.
Thank you for sharing your good comments with us.
Warmest regards,

Dallas, TX
Reviewed 26 February 2014

A couple of weeks ago I reviewed the Le Germain in Calgary and said it was outstanding. I have reviewed this one in Montreal on one or more previous stays. Here are the reasons it is a favorite. I like that they are smaller, the staff tends to remember guests. The hotels are modern and contemporary. The rooms are nice, the beds comfortable the bathroom and shower are spacious and nice, the internet is free, I enjoy the breakfast-in Montreal that includes fluffy eggs and Montreal bagels that I enjoy. I like that I can fix a latte for myself before I leave for the airport early in the morning, Finally I have found the staff both here and at the Calgary Le Germain to be friendly and helpful. I have business in Toronto coming up and even though there are several hotels closer to the office I will visit, I will likely stay at one of the two Le Germain hotels there.

Room Tip: I like higher floor rooms, but that could just be my preference.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cordpar
Jacques-Alexand... P, General Manager at Hotel Le Germain Montreal, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear corpar,
Thank you very much for your comments. They are really appreciated.
We love that you love our hotels!
We sincerely look forward to welcome you in Toronto, or back here in Montreal or Calgary.

Warmest regards,