“Hilton is Hilton...”

Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Ranked #49 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 March 2014

VERY COMFORTABLE BEDS. OMG! And very big ones. Room was awesome, lots of space and very comfortable too. All services were nice. Breakfast was delicious - I recommend the complete buffet. The hot pool is another attraction. There's a pretty big fitness space.

Room Tip: Take the room with garden view!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Christina P, General Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you so very much for the great rating! We are thrilled that you loved our beds and the hotel in general. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back this summer.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

When I travel for work, I end up staying at Hiltons. Since last 10 -12 years Hilton has standardized their rooms and services in general. So I have not written any reviews for various Hiltons I have stayed at. However, the staff at Hilton Bonaventure in Montreal
has made a lasting pleasant impression on me. Everyone at this hotel is very courteous,
helpful and always greets you with a smile. This includes Bell Boys, reception, restaurant, bar, house keeping et al. They take their job seriously and will try their best to make your stay memorable. And if you need help with anything, there is Ms. Genevieve Fontaine, the Concierge. She has wealth of knowledge and patience to get the information about the city and directions you need. You can get a detailed map of the city.

Well, while I am at it, let me share some information about the hotel itself.
The hotel is located in downtown between rue de Gauchetiere West and rue St. Antoine
at rue Mansfield. The entrance is on west side from the corner of rue de Gauchetiere and rue Mansfield. A short walk north on rue Mansfield will bring you to Blvd Rene- Levesque and rue St. Catherine where you can find restaurants and shopping.

Another advantage of its location is hotel's proximity to Metro’s station Bonaventure of orange line. The convention center is there also. There is an underground walk way to the station from the hotel. An easy walk of about 3 minutes.
Airport bus 747 can be picked up at Mansfield and Blvd Rene-Levesque or one can take Metro to Lionel-Groulx station and from there the bus 747. A taxi to airport is $40 and takes about 20 minutes if no traffic.

The hotel is on the roof a building which houses offices etc on the lower floors. There are two elevators with two stops. Street Level (RC) and the L for the main lobby. One lady in the elevator made a comment that why it takes rather a long time for just to go one stop down!!

Although it is on the roof, one will feel at the ground level as it has courtyards with gardens and trees. An outdoor pool open to the sky is well heated and can be used even if the temperature is far below freezing. Please see the photo.

The décor is nice and pleasant. Restaurant and bar are well furnished.
A business center with three to four computers and printer is available at no cost. WI-FI
is available which I think is complementary to all guests.

The gym is better equipped with treadmills and elliptical cardio machines along with some individual weight machines and the dumbbells.

Rooms are spacious and have Hilton’s standard furniture, beddings, toiletries, refrigerator, safe, coffee and tea machines. Bathroom is bit small but clean and functional.

An underground public parking garage is below the building which charges about $19 per day.

The breakfast buffet is elaborate with variety of items. The restaurant seems to be busy with many guests dining but I have not eaten there except for the breakfast. Of course being a downtown Hilton, do not expect a bargain.

Will I stay here if I return to Montreal? Of course I will.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Midcap
Christina P, General Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

A heartfelt thank you for such a great review and for the top score!

I am glad that you find the team and especially Genevieve, our Concierge, to be helpful and knowledgeable. Yes, internet access in the guestroom (both wired and wireless) and WIFI in the lobby is complimentary.

We truly appreciate your loyalty towards Hilton. The entire team is very happy that you enjoy staying in our beautiful Hilton Montreal Bonaventure and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The room was incredible, extremely spacious with an extra large bed (probably the most comfortable I've ever slept in), a duvet instead of sheets which I love, fast internet in the rooms, high quality coffee making facilities and great toiletries replenished daily. The staff were very accommodating. Location is excellent, just a shirt stroll from the main shopping street. Even saw a few Formula 1 celebrities in the hotel during my stay which made the atmosphere very lively to say the least. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Fantastic review! We enjoyed having you with us and we thank you for the many great compliments you wrote for our hotel and our team. We look forward to your next visit...F1 celebrities this visit, who knows who you might run into next time?

Reviewed 20 March 2014

While visiting this hotel, I am glad it was brief. The woman at the registration desk was very rude and snobbish. The doorman was very helpful. We asked him directions to several locations and he mapped them out for us. If you are at a BelleCentre event, this hotel is very close. However, there are several others in the area where all staff are friendly and helpful. I would recommend Hilton Garden Inn or Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Christina P, General Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to read that our front desk agent was not courteous to you. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I assure you that I will follow-up on this as we endeavor to offer good experiences to all our guests.

I am glad that our doorman was helpful and I will be sure to congratulate him for his excellent service. We hope that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and that we will have the opportunity soon to show you the level of service you deserve.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband, baby and I stayed at this hotel for an extended period over a three month period. We were impressed by the quality and service we received from the staff and reception with respect to all requests. All requests were addressed in a prompt and friendly manner and they went above and beyond our experiences in other hotels. They were so accommodating to us we felt like they were family. The breakfast buffets were the best we've ever had. Everything was fresh and cooked well and there was a lot of variety so something for everyone. The staff served us so well and we're so nice to us we were sad to leave. Thank you to the hotel and it's employees for making our stay so
pleasant.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for the top score and superb review of our hotel! We truly appreciated your family's visit here and the whole team would love to see you again this summer.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed for a night on a business trip. Its connected to the Via train station but remember if you have heavy luggae to drag, make sure you have strenghth in your arms, Stairs are encountered along the passage to the hotel entry. Check in is smooth but getting to the room is a bit of a surprise. The rooms are spread on both sides of the lobby level. Dragging luggage on carpets and slopes (lots of carpetted stairs) is bit challenging. Once inside the room, its all nice. No complaints, except the entry passage to the rooms is challenging if you have heavy luggage. The outdoor pool is heated !

1  Thank rshamni
Christina P, General Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for your comment. I am sorry to read that you had difficulty with our stairs. I will ensure that our staff will be more diligent about offering their help and also indicate where the guest elevator for the rooms is situated. I am glad that you liked the room itself. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Overall my stay was great. The hotel is located very close to Old Montreal, and I was able to walk through tunnels to minimize my time outside (it was -15C during my stay). The room was beautiful and clean, the facilities are great, I haven't used the outdoor heated pool but it looked awesome. I have used the fitness center every day and it's very well equipped and open 24 hours.

One thing I disliked is the organization of the hotel. Getting to my room required going up two flights of stairs (no elevator) and then going down two flights of stairs (again, no elevator). I wouldn't mind the stairs but with lugging a suitcase over them is definitely not fun.

1  Thank Sasha G

Many thanks for your very nice review! It is great of you to mention how convenient you found our location to be, how your enjoyed your clean room and especially the gym. Please accept my sincerest apologies that we did not show you where the elevator for the guestrooms was situated. It is near the front desk counter. We'd be pleased to direct you to it on your next visit. See you soon!