“Wonderful Place, would go again any time someone wants to join”

Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs
Ranked #6 of 87 Spas & Wellness in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Come enjoy a unique relaxation experience surrounded by all the wonders of nature…five minutes from downtown Montreal. Located on the shores of a lake, Strøm Nordic Spa offers you an exceptionally beautiful natural setting.Enjoy thermal experience in nature, massages, treatments and bistro.Our facilities include outdoor whirlpools, thermal and Nordic baths, Finnish saunas, eucalyptus steam bath, thermal and Nordic waterfalls, indoor and outdoor relaxation areas with fireplaces.Open everyday from 9am to 10pm.
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Beautiful, accessible, and peaceful. I went for a Latin Valentine's day party. Bartenders are wonderful.

Rosalie1234, Public Relations Manager at Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Hello jaylward,
We are glad that you enjoyed your evening at Strom Spa. In addition, we thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments, we are always happy to hear from you. The quality of our customer service is very important to us, that is why we appreciate the fact that you loved the service you got from our staff at the bar. Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
Team Strom Nordic Spa

There are newer reviews for Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I went there a Saturday night, and the place was far too crowded, and more important, people have litterally NO respect for silence and relaxation. I only saw once someone from the staff coming close to the hot bath asking someone to stop screaming.

Outdoor hot baths: look more like public swimmingpools in summer where everyone is talking loud and squeezed to each other.

Relaxing rooms: I only liked one, which has a fire pit and comfortable chairs with a nice view. The other ones were not comfortable, had no point of view, too much light, and not enough seats.

Management: There is almost no watering place in the whole spa. Sorry there was actually one in a relaxation room but it was out of order... I was also expecting to be able to check out the river, but the path to it was not cleared of snow...

I was very disappointed. This place is well located considering it's a northern spa in Montreal and close to downtown, but bad management and doucheb*g clientele ruins it.

1  Thank Thomas Z
Rosalie1234, Public Relations Manager at Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Thomas Z,
We thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We are truly sorry to read that you did not enjoy your time at Strom spa. As you mentioned, the site was very busy and indeed, Saturday night is our busiest night of the week. We are now working on permanent solutions to make your experience more enjoyable on busy days, and also on respecting the silence rule in our installations. We hope you will give us another try and come back to visit us in the near future.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I've been here a couple of times. The first time, had a great package that unfortunately doesn't seems to be available anymore, so this time, it was only to use the outdoor nordique pools. From what I recalled, the massage and body wrap package was great. The therapists there are very tentative, and not intruding at all. You can spend the whole day there, and no one would interview.

I loved it. It was quiet, and the scenery is just awesome. Its been about a year since my previous visit, and you can see there are a little wear and tear in the heated sauna rooms, but it is so minor, not a deal breaker. The cottage like chairs by the fire pit is nice when there with friends. Since I was there alone, I just liked the fact that the same chairs are available in the heated sauna rooms.

There were people complaining about not being able to drink by the outdoor tubs.. I saw plenty that did, so I am not sure what the big deal was. I see how some others are complaining about the "noise". Well, its hard to say. I guess I lucked out and never was there during a high traffic day. Now that they even have some special package in the evenings.. with DJ's, food, and drinks.. sure sounds romantic.

I almost don't want to share since this place is a little out of the main downtown core. (you drive or take a cab... even cab drivers seems a little lost at times) The other place in the shape of a boat right by downtown sure doesn't beats this. The serenity is something that not all spas CAN deliver, and this place did it. It was a great way to end my weekend in Montreal before my flight back to Toronto.

Dear YourMuse,
We thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are doing our best to keep this place peaceful and pleasant for everyone and we are always trying to improve ourselves. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your time! We are also planning on having some renovations done on the site, so your next experience will be even better. Come back and visit us again during your next trip to Montreal!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Worst massage I've ever had. Really disappointing, my friend and I had been looking forward to a nice 90 mins massage, both of our appointments started late and ended early. We only had about 70 mins in the end, but paid for 90 mins. Afterwards, we both felt like it was just a time spent lying on the massage table being rubbed with oil. Little to no massage techniques used, we are both used to getting massages several times per year. This one was a HUGE disappointment.

2  Thank 7d7TG

Dear 7d7TG,
We are really sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your massage. All our massage therapists have many hours of training and are specifically chosen for their great abilities, so we are surprised to learn that you did not like your massage. Please, do not hesitate to contact us, so we can discuss your experience in detail. Also, we would like to recommend you a therapist that will be able to give you a massage to your likings on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

First off this place is hard to find without a GPS it would become a major headache but besides that it was a great place to go and relax. The Facility looks brand new and it is very well maintained. The "SUSH" police were a bit annoying but I guess it was ok, since the place was very quiet even though it was packed! We went during the day so we did not see it turn into a club. They have 2 main hot tubs which were great, the dry Sauna was amazing followed by the very steamy steam room which was great and the cool baths were freezing just like they should be. It was nice to see a running outdoor fire pit, a bit sad that it was a gas pit instead of a natural wood fire pit but that is just me. So to some up from beginning to end it was great. Staff was friendly upon arrival and the showers were a very nice ending touch ! Just remember to Bring your bath Robe and sandals, oh and they give you a lock and key for the locker room.

Hello MK-likes-to-travel
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit at Strom Spa. It is always a pleasure to read your positive comments so we thank you for taking the time to share them with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your spa experience and the quality of the thermal circuit. This unique thermal experience is put in place to allow you to unwind and relax. In addition, we pay particular attention to the cleanliness of our facilities and the quality of our customer service so we are delighted to learn that your visit completely satisfied you. Thank you for your visit and we hope to see you again soon.
Team Strom Nordic Spa