“Had a great time with the girls.”

Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs
Ranked #6 of 86 Spas & Wellness in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Come enjoy a unique relaxation experience surrounded by all the wonders of nature…five minutes from downtown Montreal. Located on the shores of a lake, Strøm Nordic Spa offers you an exceptionally beautiful natural setting.Enjoy thermal experience in nature, massages, treatments and bistro.Our facilities include outdoor whirlpools, thermal and Nordic baths, Finnish saunas, eucalyptus steam bath, thermal and Nordic waterfalls, indoor and outdoor relaxation areas with fireplaces.Open everyday from 9am to 10pm.
Toronto
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Had a great time with the girls.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Now this review is a little dated as I went to Strom 10 months ago. I went with two girl friends as a girls' day out and arrived as the spa was just opening for the day. We received great customer service when we arrived and throughout our time there. I had a deep tissue massage which was fantastic. The food at the bistro was surprisingly really good, I enjoyed their pasta salad so much that I tried to replicate it at home (which was a fail).

The water therapies were decent. My only complaint was that none of the pools were actually as hot as I would've liked it. They had a great area by the pond where you can sit on the lounge chairs and just enjoy the sun and the outdoors.

I just read the negative comments that were recently posted on this site. I don't know if things have changed since I was last there but I'll make sure I update my review since I will be going again this weekend.

Visited July 2013
Rosalie1234, Responsable relations publiques at Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Ry23,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write, since our clients’ opinion is important to us. It’s a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Strom Spa. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Montreal, QC, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice spa!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My boyfriend and I have been to this spa twice. The first time was about a year ago, we had received a gift certificate for the thermal experience. We both enjoyed it so much that we went back a second time this past winter, but this time opted for a couples message and thermal experience with champagne (I think it was a valentine's day special package). The spa was obviously busier this time around, but we didn't mind too much since it wasn't overcrowded as some of the other reviews have mentioned. We both thought that the message was just okay, although neither of us has had not had that many massages in the past to judge. The change rooms are clean and the staff were friendly. The location is perfect for us, its close to our house with a large parking lot. It's located on the river, with lots of trees and a nice view. I would go back, but would time it so that it's during a weekday, to try and avoid the crowds.

Visited February 2014
Rosalie1234, Public Relations Manager at Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear mouchyxoxo :
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Strom Spa and thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. The thermal experience is especially nice in winter and we are glad to learn that the spa experience helped you relax while enjoying nature. Regarding massages, we offer several types so it is important for you to specify what you prefer and above all, do not hesitate to discuss it with your therapist. Know that our massage therapists are happy to answer your questions. Their objective is to give you a massage that meets all your needs. We hope to see you again in the near future.
“Won't be returning ”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I visited Strom spa with my fiancée on Saturday March 29th at around 2 pm. We had a gift voucher for a thermal experience. I was looking forward to check it out! First, I was welcomed by a very rude staff and I was put on a waiting list. Not the kind of welcoming I was hoping for in a spa. I'm supposed to relax there right? I was later called on my cellphone... Went back to strom. My fiancée had the voucher in her email inbox. She showed it to the reception. They told her: "we absolutely need the paper voucher!". I'm sorry but this is 2014, we don't print unless it's absolutely necessary. Anyways, it was a great start to a disastrous day. The spa was very crowded. The clientele is well represented by the rude staff. People were loud (even in the quite areas). We had a glass of bubbles included in our package. So we went to the restaurant and sat down. No one came to see us! I got up and asked the lady for help. We were also getting hungry. I told her we had some bubbles included with our package. She said "I don't see it on your file"... Great. Again more stress. I had to go to reception to clarify the issue. After a very long wait we finally got our meal and bubbles. We had the smoke meat on a slice of bread. The dish was so salty that my fiancée didn't touch it. Finally, at check out time (there was a line up to check out, because you pay when you leave) we were told that the bill was 155.00$. I kind of looked bummed and told the unfriendly that I have a voucher... They had to look into it again... Later when I got back home I fell sick... I've never been so sick! Fever, stomach ache and diarrhea... Needless to say I won't be returning and I do not recommend this spa to anyone.

Dear Angrub,
We thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Please know that your comments are important to us because we want to constantly improve ourselves. . We would like to apologize for the welcome you received, and we will take the necessary steps to correct the situation, customer satisfaction is very important to us. We are working to establish a long-term solution to avoid this kind of situation. We also believe that it is better to not print the voucher; we are working to adjust this situation as well. Concerning our “no talk” policy, it is in force in most of our outdoor facilities. However, we offer the opportunity to speak in a low voice in one of the hot baths and at the bistro. Rest assured that we do our best to apply this policy and that when we approach our customers it is in a quiet and respectfull manner. With respect to the bistro, we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your meal and the wait was too long. We invite you to contact us personally and share your impressions with us. We hope to see you again in the near future and that you will enjoy a better experience this time around.
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nice northern spa close to town”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Nice location just outside of Montreal and easily accessible from the South Shore. The facilities are clean and well kept, with a nice view of a small lake and forest. I took a Monday off to go there(not a holiday) and I was surprised by the number of people there, I can't imagine how crowded it must get on weekends. I would have given 4/5 but I had some issues with the staff: 1) My wife and I waited 15 mins just to get a glass of champagne despite the fact that it was 2 PM and not all that busy 2) The staff was not present enough around the hot baths and people were much too noisy. Overall though it was a satisfying experience.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Nathan T
Dear Nathan T, Thank you so much for your feedback, it is very important for us to hear from our customers. We are glad that you enjoyed your overall experience here at Strom Spa. Concerning the waiting time at the reception, we are working on a solution and will take the necessary steps to improve the situation right away. We are also working on the rules so people will respect the silence on site. In regards to our “no talk” policy, it is in force in most of our outdoor facilities. However, we offer the opportunity to speak in a low voice in one of the hot baths and at the bistro. Rest assured that we do our best to apply this policy and when we do, we approach our customers quietly and respectfully. Thank you so much for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon at Strom so you can enjoy once again the amazing experience that our spa has to offer.
Burlington
“Wonderful Place, would go again any time someone wants to join”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Beautiful, accessible, and peaceful. I went for a Latin Valentine's day party. Bartenders are wonderful.

Visited February 2014
Rosalie1234, Public Relations Manager at Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Hello jaylward,
We are glad that you enjoyed your evening at Strom Spa. In addition, we thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments, we are always happy to hear from you. The quality of our customer service is very important to us, that is why we appreciate the fact that you loved the service you got from our staff at the bar. Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
Team Strom Nordic Spa