HI Montreal Hostel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$124
Hotel Omni Mont-Royal(Montreal)
US$238
US$205
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbed dormfree breakfastown bathroommetro stationbagelslarge kitchenawesome stayplace to sleepboiled eggsclose to downtownbell centreminute walkenjoyed my staywi fihockey gamelocation is greatroommates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The staff were amazing, so friendly and helpful! There are plenty of activities arranged by the hostel, walking tours, pub crawls, unfortunately my schedule only allowed me to join one pub crawl which was a great night. I would have loved to have gone on the walking tours as well.
The rooms were clean, each with their own bathroom. Continental breakfast included, free wifi and one of the cheapest hostels I've stayed in so far - fantastic value for money. There is a basement restaurant/lounge area which always had great music playing and people around to create a great atmosphere.
The location was great, less than 5 minute walk up to the shopping strip (St Catherine Street) where you can find plenty of places to eat, shop or anything else you need to do.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chloe B
Auberge H, Responsable relations clients at HI Montreal Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Bonjour Chloe!

Merci beaucoup for those nice words! It's so appreciated! See you again one day maybe!

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Staff are extremely friendly and approachable and really go out of their way to help you with info, advice, and directions.

Stayed in private double room - cleanest bathroom for a hostel, everything we need is provided, and even gave us a tv with free movie rentals!

Daily events are fun, unique, and really personal. All are very welcomed and most are free. Wouldn't have seen some parts of beautiful Montreal without the hostels lovely guides (esp. Gab) :)

Such a great vibe and felt so happy to be there! Thanks for having us!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Auberge H, Guest Relations Manager at HI Montreal Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Hey!

MERCI for those great words! It's always so nice to read this! :)))

Gabriel

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Don't get me wrong the hostel was great! Great location and very clean. I had booked it online and had one price given to me, then when i got there they tacked on another non member fee that I was not made aware of until I got there. I ended up paying around $30 for just me for the night. The extra fee was around ten dollars and I was in a small group. We probably could have stayed at a decent hotel for the price our group spent on this hostel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Auberge H, General Manager at HI Montreal Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Bonjour Louis D,

I thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback online. I am very happy that you had a great time with us and that we were up to the challenge. We love our job, so I guess it's easy the offer the very best we can! Concerning the membership fees, I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding. Hostelling International (HI) is a member based, non for profit organization. Non members need to add a surcharge to the stay, and all guests should be fully aware of what they should expect. We obviously failed with informing you properly and I will investigate on how to avoid any similar situation in the future.

Bon Voyage, Au Revoir,
Nicolas Lemaire, hostel manager

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My friend and I shared a twin room with a private bath. We started out with a room on the third floor but requested to be moved to the ground floor, so my friend wouldn't have to climb the stairs. Both rooms were very nice, but the one on the ground floor was a different shape, and there was more space between the beds. Although the rooms and bathrooms were not fancy, they were clean and met our needs. The staff was friendly and helpful. You can buy a good breakfast in the morning or sandwiches after 5:30 pm in the basement common room. We chose this hostel because it is close to two different metro lines, buses, and not far from the main tourist office.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Auberge H, Guest Relations Manager at HI Montreal Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Bonjour!

Merci beaucoup for that great review! I'm really happy you liked your stay with us and it's even nicer to know that the staff was part of it!

Thanks a lot and see you again!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed in this hostel for 3 nights. Reception staff were really polite and very helpful. The place is clean and quiet. Breakfast was nice. I really enjoyed the karaoke night! Close enough to the Latin quarter.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Auberge H, Guest Relations Manager at HI Montreal Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for your nice comment!

Hope to see you again ;)