“Whew - Lost & Found actually worked!”

InterContinental Montreal
Ranked #37 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We did have a wonderful 3-day stay prior to a cruise, but nearly 2 weeks later I realized I arrived home without my Kindle e-reader. When I called the hotel they were quick to ask the dates and room number for my stay, then said yes they had it and also the charger! It's on its way to me, which prompted me to write a review.

Besides the honest folks working there, the hotel has a great restaurant/bar where you can unwind and relax after a day out and about. Location is also perfect for exploring the old town area. We traveled as part of a large tour group, yet we were treated as individuals by all of the staff. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank crbandlsm
BernardChenevert, General Manager at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear crbandlsm,
Thank you for taking the time to write on your wonderful experience, I am happy we have found your charger and that everything went well with you request. Hope to see you again soon at the InterContinental Montréal.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,019)

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The hotel was nice, lobby was beautiful. Pool was small but we were the only ones there so it was okay. However, the check out process took at least half an hour. I guess they were having technical issues or something, but it was really irritating. We had prepaid for the room so when the guy gave us our receipt we asked him a couple times to ensure we do not get charged for the room again. Sure enough, two weeks later we saw the room charge on our credit card. Had to call them and they were pretty apologetic, but we would not stay there again. Poor service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BernardChenevert, General Manager at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear toronto_lov,

Thank you for sharing you comments, I am very sorry for the confusion concerning the billing upon check out, but we are glad to hear you have enjoyed the hotel and the pool.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend in may. The service from check in to check out was excellent. The room we had was on a high floor with a view of the water - it was really nice, with high ceilings and nice furnishings. The bed's were also cozy which is of course key for a hotel stay. The air conditioning did not work as well as I would have hoped - I like to sleep in a nice cold room which was not quite achievable. The room also had a perfume-y scent which was off putting as I am allergic to most scents - luckily it was not too bad so I was okay. The pool is quite small - if you're going with kids looking to swim you might want to consider elsewhere. The location is nice because you can easily walk to and around old montreal without having to take a cab. Overall we really enjoyed this hotel and would definitely go back on future montreal trips and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer G

Dear Salsagrl75,

Thank you for your 4 star review, we are glad you found our location and hotel ideal for your stay. We hope to see you again soon at the InterContinental Montreal.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I've been there for a three-night stay with my wife - as a part of our honeymoon trip. While it is not the most romantic option, it was a nice choice. The room was spacious, breakfast was top-notch. The location is really fine, with direct access to the underground city (Square Victoria Subway Stattion) and walking distance to Vieux Montreal, walking distance to the train station.

Room Tip: The building is on the financial area. I couldn't hear any noise, but if you are worried about t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victor F

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great comments with us, we are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your 3 nights stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I checked into this hotel over the weekend as I was in town for the Montreal Canadiens game. The hotel was clean and as exactly as we had requested it. The only downfall was that I had wanted to check out the pool facilities and was not able to do so because it closed at 9 pm. A little disappointed but it did not hurt my impression of the hotel. It is conveniently located close to everything, we had so many food options we were impressed.

Dear kelsielynne,

Thank you for this 5 star review, we are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon at the InterContinental Montréal.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel is located on the edge of the old city and has a small park directly across the street, which came in very handy as we traveled with our small dog. The room itself was nice size as well as the bathroom, which had a full tub and separate shower. While the bathroom first appeared to be good quality, the mold in the bathroom grout was unexpected. The lobby is on the second floor, generally accessible by an escalator. While there is an elevator on the ground floor next to the valet desk (behind a wall), the elevator could only be operated from the ground floor "up", meaning you could not use that one elevator to get to the ground floor without someone who has a key. The reason that was important to us was the dog I mentioned earlier. She is not used to escalators, so we had to carry her down the escalator. Disabled visitors would have to find someone who would unlock the elevator to take you to the ground floor - which I think would be quite inconvenient.

On the negative side, I prepaid for the room as the web-site said there was a bonus 5,000 points for pre-paying. After reserving the room, I did not see the same reference to the 5,000 bonus points on my confirmation that was on the rate page, so I called their customer services. The agent told me the 5,000 points would be credited a few weeks later. I later sent three notes to IHG rewards club as I never received the bonus. I could have reserved the room with AAA for the same price but with a better cancellation policy. IHG said they would give me 500 points as a consolation but stated that my room rate did not qualify for a 5,000 point bonus. I do have a record of me calling their customer service but did not print out the page that said my rate had the bonus. Now they won't honor the bonus. That seems like a bait and switch tactic. I am sure the page was set-up incorrectly - but they should honor what was on their site when I reserved the room. I won't be using this chain again. Buyer beware.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear G13,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we are glad you have enjoyed our location and the room. But, I am sorry your stay was shattered by the lack of response from IHG concerning your bonus points. I hope the situation will be resolved soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

A throng of people crowd the small lobby. Is Cher here? Are the paparazzi chasing George Clooney? Alas, no. It's just the Intercontinental doesn't hire enough staff to enable an efficient check in. Sure, I don't mind waiting 3-4 minutes. But 30 minutes? Time is money, people.

You've been upgraded to Club Level! Well! This is getting better! What's that get us? Um, nothing. We did find one bathrobe we could share if we so desired. And a single water glass in case one of us got thirsty or wished to rinse after brushing our teeth. Oh, wait! I see...it was CLUBBED level. As in they clubbed us, took our money, and the joke's on us.

Ok, the room, other than the basic lack of drinking glasses, was large and comfortable. The bed was fine. I couldn't hear the neighbors. But I expected all that. The unexpected surprises go in the deficit column, probably not what the hotel wishes to hear. I'll stay elsewhere next time.

1  Thank cperrera

Dear cperrera,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments, we are sorry you were unsatisfied with your experience at our hotel, please rest assured that this is an exception not the norm and we take a lot of pride in the level of servire we offer.