2,216 results
All reviews absinthe bar old town club room corner room convention center room service self park underground city street level concierge desk hotel bar room was large notre dame hotel is in a great location few blocks valet parking metro station
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

If you are in Montreal on business and want to stay at a good quality hotel, Intercontinental is a good choice. Rooms are roomie, quiet, and beds are great. Location is good and rates are acceptable. Breakfast is expensive and not necessarily top quality.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We stayed a weekend at the InterContinental in celebration of my birthday. Check-in staff were friendly and efficient, and the doormen helpful in unloading our luggage and taking our car to their parking garage. Our room was large, comfortable and well appointed, and the bathroom was large and offered a tub or stand alone shower. Upon check-in, we noticed our television wasn't working properly and they promptly had maintenance staff fix the situation. We ate the first night in the hotel as we arrived late in the evening; while the food was excellent the servings were small and very pricey. The hotel was within easy walking distance of Old Montreal which we greatly enjoyed exploring. (The concierge service at the hotel was very helpful in providing directions and information about what to see and explore.)

Stayed: April 2018
BernardChenevert, Directeur général at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear AdkLuv,
Thank you for your comments, we are happy you have enjoyed your stay.
Regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

My better half and I took a little get away into Montreal. The IHG is located in the heart of Old Montreal and a short walk to anywhere, except maybe Mount Royal. We walked anyway! Old world charm, great food, beautiful people and a leisurely pace sets Montreal above the rest! Don't miss a trip you will cherish a lifetime.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Motor2,
Thank you for the 5 star review, we are happy you and your better half have enjoyed your stay with us.
Regards.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location excepting that Sainte Antoine street is a perpetual parking lot. The hotel itself is quite standard. Not memorable.

I checked in and got a late checkout at 2PM. I got in the room turned on the TV. The TV was at least 5y old or more. However, the bigger issue was the signal was analog and quality so poor I couldn’t watch it. Also, the shower was a 3’x3’ corner unit, i.e., barely big enough for an average man.

At night, I went to the concierge desk. He was sitting alone laughing. I asked about a nearby restaurant, and he kept laughing. Finally he showed me a video he was laughing at. For a 5 star hotel, I found the behavior not professional.

The next day I went out, came back, and my key didn’t work. The checkin agent hadn’t set it for the late checkout time. The new agent was almost angry at having to give me a new key. It was horrible service.

Will not return there anytime soon.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank MAJ M
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hello MAJ M,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. While I am glad that the hotel location proved to be great, I am sorry about the level of service received from the hotel staff. Along with your observation of the shower room size, your comments have been shared with the hotel management. They will be used as reference to improve the services that we offer. I am confident that measures taken will improve your next stay with us.

I hope you give us another try.

Best Regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 13 June 2018

We were at the InterContinental Montreal for four nights, visiting for the Canadian Grand Prix. The room was large and comfortable, the food in the hotel very good. The location is great. Close to the train station, close to the Metro and near to old Montreal on foot. The service, especially Gerry, the concierge, was great. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and a street view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple