Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain
US$364
US$325
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Armor Manoir Sherbrooke(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$313
US$780
US$758
2,104 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungebell centreplace du canadacheese gratermetro stationcity viewdirect accesshigh floorself parkingbit datedhockey gameunderground shoppinghotel lobbymini barcatherine streetcentral locationmount royal
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Scandinavian spa weekend in beautiful Montreal. At first I was disappointed with the location but it ended up being perfect! Close enough to old Montreal and surrounded by great restaurants with gorgeous views of Cathedral Marie-Reine du Monde, 3rd largest church in Montreal & definitely one of the most beautiful! Room was clean and had a large wall window showcasing the spectacular views of the city from the 32 floor. Great weekend get away!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Joseph K, General Manager at Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Hi Kcabb - thank you for your review - the windows of our rooms do make for a nice view - glad you enjoyed.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a night with my nieces. The view from the room is lovely and the lobby has an old-world charm about it. The beds are just so so and they are stingy with towels. The pool was very dated and not well maintained. Having a hot tub was important to me and I booked this hotel with the understanding that there was a hot tub beside the pool where I could keep an eye on my nieces. So the hot tub was broken and empty and there was a huge barrier between it and the pool so if it was indeed running as it should have been, you wouldn't be able to keep an eye on your children. As I said the pool was dirty and both myself and my niece contracted a very bad ear infection that involved doctors, antibiotic and time off work/school. I lost hearing as a result of that ear infection. The first thing my family doctor asked me was "Have you been in a pool lately?" I took the time to write the hotel regarding all these serious issues and they have yet to resolve my complaint. I wrote, returned phone messages and sent an email but no reply thus far. Can't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The city view rooms have the nicest views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ktownfoodie1
JungleKing2014, General Manager at Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Hello Pets4ever5
Please accept my sincere apologies for the less than expected stay you had with us in March. Our whirlpool is indeed closed for repairs and renovation and I am sorry we failed to communicate that with you prior to your arrival. Of most importance is significant inconvenience you have had from swimming in our pool and the fact we have not responded to your messages. You have our assurances that the pool water condition is tested every day. That noted, I will contact you personally to assist you as best we can.
Joseph Klein

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, Great location and the service is top notch. I have to say this is the best hotel service I've ever had. The rooms are very clean and elegant. I walked out of my room for 15 mins. I came back and my room was fully cleaned within that small amount of time. This hotel is next door to the Montreal Bell Center Arena. There is a tunnel that leads you to the arena. Lots of shopping, eatery and some entertainment. This is a must to stay here!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank DreEnergy
JungleKing2014, General Manager at Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hello Dre Energy,
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We went with 3 other couples and this was a fantastic, centrally located place to stay in Montreal. It is literally right next door to the Bell Centre where the Montreal Canadians play their home games.

It was very quiet and clean, great lobby area and a very attentive staff.

I disagree with some of the other reviews, i didn't feel the hotel was dated and the bed was extremely comfortable. Really nothing negative to say, other than the parking fee of $32 per night I thought was somewhat excessive, but I think you'll probably pay at least that or more any place you stay in the greater Montreal area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim41923

Hello Jim41923
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review - your positive comments are very much appreciated.
Happy Travels!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We used this hotel as a pit stop between Toronto and Quebec City. Although we never stayed here before, I wouldn't have a problem doing so again. Yes, the hotel has an aged appeal to it. The older features have been retained in past renovations and upgrades. It definitely has a 70s feel to it highlighted by the unique architecture of the hotel itself. We liked: size of standard room is comparatively larger than the average room, comfortable bed, extra large panorama windows providing great pics, day and night . Room for improvement: front desk talking excessively negative about Toronto upon knowing we live there, bar and restaurant close too early, and the parking situation: pricing is bit much for overnight (cash cow). Oh, and there are signs in the parking garage for hotel guests to park on the S5 level. There is absolutely no reason why the gouged hotel guests have to park on this lowest level.... except to leave the convenient levels available to the public. This definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. Please Marriott, stand up for your guests here: pricing and hotel guests at the bottom. Although I've said positive things about the hotel, the parking issue is enough to go somewhere else (really)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hugemountain
Joseph K, General Manager at Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hi "HugeMountain"
Thank you for posting your comments on our hotel. Very happy to read you enjoyed your room, the views from our great windows and the comfortable beds.
As a previous resident of Toronto myself, I am sorry that anyone would have spoken ill of that great city. That is not in keeping with the service we are capable of and I sincerely apologize to you for that indiscretion.
Your feedback on the parking service is noted. Though not owned or operated by the hotel, I will continue to work with our partners to improve the experience for our guests.
I do hope you will reconsider and stay with us in the future if your travels bring you this way.