“Nicely renovated and great location”

Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain
Ranked #42 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great access to downtown Montreal, and to anywhere in the city really, as you have a metro station right under the hotel. Numerous restaurants and pubs nearby. Staff very kind and helpful, rooms very comfy. Pretty much everything you expect from a big hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mechant-minou
Joseph K, General Manager at Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hi there Mechant-minou ... than you for your comments on our hotel. Your right, our location makes the city easy to get to no matter what you are looking for. A bientot.

There are newer reviews for Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I know I am late at writing this review. However upon a very poor experience at a Holiday Inn in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia recently I realize now how important it is to acknowledge a wonderful experience just as much as a terrible one. In March of this year my husband and I completed our daughters Christmas gift. We had made her a book and at the end of it was tickets for her first NHL game. Our first too! The staff at your hotel was beyond helpful and kind always with a smile and willing to assist us as we made our plans to see your amazing city! Everyday since returning home my husband has mentioned how he can't wait until we can someway make our way back! The room was bright, comfortable and welcoming as we made our way back to it for the three nights we stayed. Thank you for all your hard work and doing such a great job. Sometimes a person doesn't here the positive as much as the negative and you folks deserve a pat on the back as does your wonderful city!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear slch2014 - you made our day - our week! your comments are never too late and more importantly are truly appreciated. I am so glad to read that your time as a family with us this past March left you with such positive memories. Tell your husband we are ready to welcome you back whenever he is :) - GO Habs GO ... next year!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Four day weekend for the entire extended family. Clean and competent--everything one would expect from the Marriott brand. Rooms are comfortable albeit not large/ Bedding is first class. Location works as a base to explore Montreal. Concierge was very helpful. Not special but quite suitable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hi Jimfromphilly_11 - thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated. A bientot.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed recently for a conference. When I checked in I was told my room was ready, so off I went to get settled in. It wasn't until my third day that I learned that the access door to the adjoining room was unlocked and there was no way for me to lock it from my side. I found this out when the guest in the next room actually entered my room through the adjoining door.

I immediately went to the front desk as asked why it was unlocked and why I could not lock it from my side. They of course sent security up to lock the adjoining door but by then my sense of safety was completely gone.

If you stay here and your room has an adjoining door, CHECK IT! Your safety could be at risk.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank wendyl04
Joseph K, General Manager at Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Wednyl04 - first and foremost - thank you for posting your comment on your recent stay. More importantly, I extend to you our most sincere apologies for the error on our part not to have secured the adjoining door between your room. This is truly and exception and not in keeping with our standards. There is no excuse for this mistake and we are very sorry for the intrusion this allowed. I do hope you will reconsider our hotel if ever in Montreal in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Been staying at this Marriott for several years, couldn' find fault with anything, easy access to downtown Montreal, access from the hotel to the metro to explore further a field. Staff all very friendly & helpful, restaurant & bar definitely worth a visit, great food lovely atmosphere, bar staff all so friendly, one thing you must try have a long island iced tea, the best I've ever had. Look forward to my next visit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Joseph K, General Manager at Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Hi Ian M - thank you for your great review of our hotel - we very much appreciated and value your business and confidence in our hotel. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great location (close to Bell centre....Go habs!)! Got in late but service was of high standard regardless of time of day. Rooms are a little dated but very clean and beautiful bed linen. Everything you could possibly need is in the hotel or in very close proximity.
The only difficulty we had was with rude carpark attendant who did not believe we were staying at the hotel because a hockey game was on.
Great base to explore from.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Joseph K, General Manager at Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Hello Pippa P - thank you for your review of our hotel - you are right, our location does make for a great advantage when in Montreal. I do apologize for the less than empathetic response of the car park attendant. I assure you this I not reflective of the normal service offered. I do hope you will still consider us on future visits. A bientot.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We just spent an incredible trip in Montreal at the Marriott Chateau Champlain for my daughter's graduation from McGill. We had booked two rooms and the person at the front desk said she was very excited for us to see our room. My daughter being the practical person that she is, said "I bet they say that to everyone!". Well we were all blown away by the beautiful accommodations that we had. We were on the 35th floor with an incredible view of the city and St. Lawrence River. We had the most beautiful, luxurious room with a KIng bed and double en suite, Jacuzzi tub in one room and a double bed with en suite in the next. The staff were incredibly kind and hospitable. This is a trip we will never forget, not only due to the mini hurricane that disrupted her Grad, but also due to the spectacular special treatment by the Marriott! Thank you for making our stay so wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MomOnt
Joseph K, General Manager at Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hi MomOnt ... and congratulations to the new Graduate. I saw the images of the ceremony - it was a wet one. You must be very proud. Thank you for the very kind review of your stay at our hotel. We are happy to have been able to add a little something to this special event. Have a wonderful summer.