US$301
  • Breakfast included
US$366
US$307
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgold floorjohn lennonartisan marketrecent renovationstrain stationnewly renovated hotelclassic hotelplace ville marieold montrealunderground shoppingloved our staysmall bathroomattending a conferenceregular roombeautiful hotelrooms are comfortablenespresso machine
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great room, very clean and friendly staff. Gold level member can enjoy free breakfast and snack in the afternoon. The location of the hotel is great, right in downtown Montreal, close to some great restaurants. Only 3 blocks from rue Sainte-Catherine.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
FairmontQueenE, Manager at Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear vince G - We're delighted to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay on Fairmont Gold from your guest room to the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the colleagues. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again. Warm regards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After being here last year during the soft opening and having an unfortunate experience, we decided to take the family back at the end of May for a trip to Montreal.

Since the previous suite was just not suitable, we were told that there are more suitable suites that have larger showers, however the second washroom has only a toilet and a sink. We took this option and were much happier since the bath tub was actually suitable for someone older than 2 years old.

The decor of this room was much the same - trendy, no longer classic - however, the shower didn't leak and the air conditioning worked.

As always, the staff is always stellar and friendly. We've never had any complaints there. Jennifer is always a welcome face to see! Management was kind enough to leave some chocolate and water for us one evening. Much appreciated!

There is obviously a crowd that love the new renos as the lobby is always hopping. The market is now open since our last visit and has some lovely artisanal offerings as well as produce, which is great to grab to feed the kids while traveling. They also have lovely oatmeal cookies down there that the family loved! We'd end up buying the lot of them each day.

We were disappointed that the cafe no longer carries the Earth's Own single serve almond milk. They carried it last year and it was great for our little own.

One area that needs major attention is the food from both the restaurant and the room service. I can't think of a time I was ever more disappointed with eating than this particular trip. We used to love going down to the Montrealais for breakfast. There must be a new chef because it's definitely not worth the price of the buffet breakfast for the quality of food now. The service used to be impeccable, now it's like you're bothering them to ask for water or an extra fork. There is very limited choice on the breakfast buffet compared to the previous offering. It's now more like a beefed up continental breakfast. One thing I did not understand for the life of me was that they put the turkey sausage in the same tray as the pork bacon. ???? Really??? That was just gross, and would make the turkey bacon inedible for some people.

We ordered room service a few times as well and it was quite disappointing. For the price, it should be amazing. There was one night we all ordered pizzas and all three of us did not eat more than a slice each. They were terrible. We would have been better off going out and getting a slice from Pizza Pizza. The poutine is still not up to snuff like it used to be pre-reno. Disappointing considering this is Montreal.

You can't beat the location of this hotel which is primarily the reason we keep hanging on. If you take the train into the city you're just an elevator ride away from the hotel.

Overall, it was an improved family stay from the previous time, however, we'd probably limit the amount of times we ate at the hotel based upon this experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountain.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelGirlTO
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been staying very often at the Queen E. This time, been staying in the hotel from June 21 until now. I had not been to the hotel since January. I could not believe that in the evening, I had called Service room dining to ask them if they could prepare me some muffins so I could bring the next morning since my husband had to go for surgery the next morning the service room dining would be close at the time we had to leave.

Mathieu... who answered the call, aske me: 'are you Mrs.. so and so... and you normally order baggel cream cheese in the morning?' The answer was yes.. Mathieu then informed me that he would verify with the chef and have a lunch box ready for me at the reception the next morning for me. I was pleasantly surprised that he recalled these details but also he gave me the best service. Attention to details are very important but the going above and beyond to help is priceless.

I would like to thank Mathieu for his great service and I also know he is on vacation right now so would like to wish him an amazing vacation.

Also staff at the front desk that did know me from previous stays, were asking how my husband was doing when I would arrive in the evening.

Queen E. Thank you for an excellent stay even with the circumstances I was staying there for. You made it a nice time for me to relax at the end of very tiring days at the hospital.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear mtlcouple 2- Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us further to your visit. We're delighted to hear Mathieu, one of our team member, gave you the best service and that he went above and beyond. We're proud to have him on our team and rest assured we have shared your feedback with him and his manager. We wish you and your husband all the best and we sure hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in happier circumstances. Warmest regards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staff were friendly and the rooms were modern and clean. Easy access from the train station below. No need to rent a car or pay for parking because you are within walking distance of most destinations. The hotel even sent me my clothing that I forgot in the closet. Great customer service!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Dear peterb20182018 - We're delighted to know you very much enjoyed your experience, especially the friendly and efficient service offered by the colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Warm regards.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A very nice hotel. Very clean and accommodating. The concierge staff is very knowledgeable and helpful The restaurants and food hall is grea. We particularly liked the lobster rollst We will definitely come back

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank bsturges

Dear bsturges - We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please know we shared your appreciation with our concierge team and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Best regards.